PDA

View Full Version : stranded on the freeway! STUPID autotoys meet!

dOMEmE
07-18-2009, 06:27 PM
coming back from the super auto toys meet my car over heated....got stranded there for 45 minutes! 3 highways pulled up and said what i was doing there,i told them and they just left in stead of bringing me water!! saw 2 240's that were at the meet pass by and they didnt even help :naw: ..thanks guys..
and like 7 or 8 cars passed by that were at the meet to and they just stared at me...

finally a evo pulls up with 4 HIGH AS HELL white guys...lol...they didnt even know what city they were in!!! lol....tey gave me 2 liters of water that they had and left because "they were scared that the cops might pull up" lol ...

got home and found out one of my radiator hoses cracked and was leaking the fluids....time to get new silicone white hoses baby! or killer glass hoses!!! baller!!

SleepR 240sx
07-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Sucks, but stuff like this has happened to most 240 owners. I can't count the number of times I've been stuck on the side of the road.

gotspins13
07-18-2009, 06:43 PM
yuppp and specially in this heat lol

and they have glass hoses??!

HyperTek
07-18-2009, 06:44 PM
yeah that sucks, i left a friends house around 10pm to have a alt. belt go out in my 240.. left me on the side of the freeway.. ziptied that mug and limped it most of the way til eventually it gave up/battery died, called a friend , charged the battery and limped again.. lol

drifterdave
07-18-2009, 07:38 PM
yeah that sucks, i left a friends house around 10pm to have a alt. belt go out in my 240.. left me on the side of the freeway.. ziptied that mug and limped it most of the way til eventually it gave up/battery died, called a friend , charged the battery and limped again.. lol

i think if this happens u can sometimes use the ac belt or ps belt, but i guess u gotta have tools. lol

and
overheating sucks my fan is out. right now too. and as for the guys n the evo sounds like me n my friends when we go anywere 4 stoned asses in a car. lol

Matej
07-18-2009, 08:08 PM
These look cool:
http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/263770-gb-ka24de-sr20det-silicone-radiator-hoses-pink-green-purple-ect-39-00-a.html

GSXRJJordan
07-18-2009, 08:14 PM
I always try and stop for 240 guys, and I usually have a toolkit (sockets/wrenches/electrical) and jumper cables with me, no matter which of my vehicles I'm in.

At least you got home :)

dOMEmE
07-18-2009, 09:29 PM
thanks guys....it was a easy 10 dollar fix thank god.

I LUV MY S13
07-18-2009, 10:49 PM
i didnt see any 240s on the side..was it pass that big ass accident?

Redline24/7
07-18-2009, 10:52 PM
My friend has killerglass hoses in his scion tc. fucking sick shit

he has a green led behind it and you can watch the fluids flow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs7X1499qNo

also the same thing happened with me. But the chp went behind the car and pushed it out to the side exit.

dOMEmE
07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
i didnt see any 240s on the side..was it pass that big ass accident?

it was before the big accident....where you in a 240? i saw 3 go by, i was the only convertible you couldnt miss me...lol

I LUV MY S13
07-18-2009, 10:57 PM
yea i was in the black coupe..i saw u on the ramp

jamg
07-18-2009, 11:06 PM
this makes me want to pay $68 a year for AAA towing service. lol

dOMEmE
07-18-2009, 11:57 PM

the one that had red and clear tails right.

yea i saw you.....you and the guy in the sick ?grey? 180sx were like 10 cars behind me when i pulled over to the shoulder.....right after the 405 connects with the 22...then a red coupe saw me...two girls..they looked and kept rolling.... oh well good thing im home and safe =]

that one more bill i cant afford.would be nice though...

silly_13
07-19-2009, 12:10 AM
realllyyyy worth it...if u get the PLUS package u get 200 miles free tow every year i think...idk my dad has it but i've used it like about 3x..but its really worth it..some tow truck drivers are cool also..

drift freaq
07-19-2009, 12:17 AM
realllyyyy worth it...if u get the PLUS package u get 200 miles free tow every year i think...idk my dad has it but i've used it like about 3x..but its really worth it..some tow truck drivers are cool also..

I concur, but its not a plus package its a Premier package. I have had AAA for years because of this. Plus if you have a premier package they bring you free gas if you run out.
Though you have to be a AAA member for at least one year before they will offer you Premier service. You can get the 100 mile tow (Plus) service in the first year.

The regular service is $68 its $75 for the Pluss service 100 mile tow and $100 for the Premier service 200 mile tow.

They give you 4 service calls per year with each service but with the two uprated ones you get one long distance tow and the Premier has a few more perks like the free gas and a few other things.

I LUV MY S13
07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
the one that had red and clear tails right.

yea i saw you.....you and the guy in the sick ?grey? 180sx were like 10 cars behind me when i pulled over to the shoulder.....right after the 405 connects with the 22...then a red coupe saw me...two girls..they looked and kept rolling.... oh well good thing im home and safe =]

yea its gold..you mean ahead of u? i would have seen u frm behind

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 12:30 AM
WHAT!!! i never got AAA because i thought there pricing was per MONTH! oh im so getting it now!

yea its gold..you mean ahead of u? i would have seen u frm behind

no i passed up norm before the freeways connect...but now that i think of it YOU were gone.....you boned out, your right....it think it was a black hatch....

silly_13
07-19-2009, 12:34 AM
I concur, but its not a plus package its a Premier package. I have had AAA for years because of this. Plus if you have a premier package they bring you free gas if you run out.
Though you have to be a AAA member for at least one year before they will offer you Premier service. You can get the 100 mile tow (Plus) service in the first year.

The regular service is $68 its $75 for the Pluss service 100 mile tow and $100 for the Premier service 200 mile tow.

They give you 4 service calls per year with each service but with the two uprated ones you get one long distance tow and the Premier has a few more perks like the free gas and a few other things.
ohhhh ok cool..i dont know what my dad has so i think he has the premium package cuz they said i get 200 miles free tow...so AAA is really worth it.. can u can use it the tow to pick up shells too?

I LUV MY S13
07-19-2009, 12:38 AM

yea thas some good shit ha..i also thought it was monthly

WHAT!!! i never got AAA because i thought there pricing was per MONTH! oh im so getting it now!

no i passed up norm before the freeways connect...but now that i think of it YOU were gone.....you boned out, your right....it think it was a black hatch....

nah its my homies car i was passenger..he likes push his sr ha

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 12:53 AM
yea thas some good shit ha..i also thought it was monthly

nah its my homies car i was passenger..he likes push his sr ha

i remember that feeling...sr makes you a boost fiend!

so you taking your car to the bbq next sunday?

I LUV MY S13
07-19-2009, 12:55 AM
fer sher..theres a few of us frm 562 goin..

oh that autotoys meet was fuckin lame..ricer spot

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 01:00 AM
fer sher..theres a few of us frm 562 goin..

oh that autotoys meet was fuckin lame..ricer spot

true , but it did have its share of non ricer cars.

lol...i entered the contest.....

ronmcdon
07-19-2009, 01:00 AM
I have the AAA Plus, and it's awesome!
Bailed my ass the few times my car broke down during a track day.
If you don't have a tow vehicle & trailer, it really is the next best thing.

Wish AAA had some 500+ mi tow package.
I'd be able to do some track event in another state with ease of mind.

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I have the AAA Plus, and it's awesome!
Bailed my ass the few times my car broke down during a track day.
If you don't have a tow vehicle & trailer, it really is the next best thing.

Wish AAA had some 500+ mi tow package.
I'd be able to do some track event in another state with ease of mind.

how much is that?

drift freaq
07-19-2009, 01:03 AM
ohhhh ok cool..i dont know what my dad has so i think he has the premium package cuz they said i get 200 miles free tow...so AAA is really worth it.. can u can use it the tow to pick up shells too?

Well technically no. Basically its supposed to be roadside recovery tow. Though if you just tell the dispatcher the street then ya the drivers that show up are usually cool about it. They don't care cause they get paid anyways. I once moved one of my cars from one shop to another and the first time I called I made the mistake of telling the dispatcher it was at a shop. She basically refused me tow service. So I just called back got a different dispatcher and gave the street address. LOL

Though ya its completely worth it with the cost of towing these days? Just one long distance tow even at 100 miles totally is worth it.

I LUV MY S13
07-19-2009, 01:08 AM
true , but it did have its share of non ricer cars.

lol...i entered the contest.....

yea very few..fuck it why not

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 01:10 AM
yea very few..fuck it why not

i was diggin that roush stage 3....just because roush him self signed it....BALLER!

GSXRJJordan
07-19-2009, 01:31 AM
...Though ya its completely worth it with the cost of towing these days? Just one long distance tow even at 100 miles totally is worth it.

Seriously! Just a hookup is $60+, then like $8/mi?!? I have the AAA Premier package with the g/f (she pays for it), it's great. I've picked up tons of shells/non-running cars with it, I just tell them I bought a new car and need them to pick it up. Like Dave said, just tell them the street addy and the tow drivers are usually cool with whatever, since they bill AAA top dollar.

i was diggin that roush stage 3....just because roush him self signed it....BALLER!

Bleh. Supercharged V8, $10+ above Mustang GT price, that still runs 14's? No thanks.

jayrawr
07-19-2009, 01:40 AM
those killer glass radiator hoses are ballller ! as for AAA towing, i have premier and <3 it ! took my cousin home from willow after a haybell decided to jump into his windshield

silly_13
07-19-2009, 01:47 AM
oh ok cool im gonna use it when i get a shell....
yea some of the drivers are really chill, once i almost fell of the canyon and i was literary on the edge right wheel hanging so we had to pull the car out..then on the way down we were talking and the driver use to go do canyon runs on the same canyon with a turbo'd 4 wheel drive celica... and he said he was the one that picked up mel gibson's car, and he said he helped one of the corporate of jose cuervo and the guy had 2 naked chicks hahaha he was helping them with a flat tire and while he was jacking the car up the car started rocking hahahah twice! these drivers has some crazy ass stories, and this was at malibu so its probably legit stories.

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Bleh. Supercharged V8, $10+ above Mustang GT price, that still runs 14's? No thanks.

ya but to me its the whole one of a kind thing....how many people can say that there car was signed by the maker? and have pics to prove it.....the car itself is bleh, but the originality is baller.

JohnJohn86
07-19-2009, 02:26 AM
AAA is your friend. $100 or whatever for 4 tows a years. I figure I use them $300-400 on tow a year. Good investment.

CAMBOS13
07-19-2009, 04:13 AM
can anyone get this aaa membership or what would i have to do?

Souljahzs13
07-19-2009, 05:37 AM
can anyone get this aaa membership or what would i have to do?

Yea, anyone can get one. You can even go on there website to sign up and they will send you the membership card in a little over a week. It really helps cause just 2 days ago I went sliding into a median and busted a rim. I called to use my membership and they sent out a tow truck in 15 min.

ericcastro
07-19-2009, 09:50 AM
LOL,

Yesterday my car died downtown hollywood and I had to track down Steve (DALAZ68) because i knew he lived close to the area.

Zilvia friend came through and saved my but :)

Charlie
07-19-2009, 01:33 PM
I miss my AAA plus membership...I think once I get paided at the end of the month I'll see about getting it for myself.

hOngsterr
07-19-2009, 01:50 PM

if your friend has that,
you can use their tow card!

jamg
07-19-2009, 01:57 PM
less than $100 a YEARRRRRR

anyone can afford it.

just turn off all your lights in your house when you don't need to use it......http://www.aaasouth.com/Membership/benefits_plus.aspx

I LUV MY S13
07-19-2009, 02:22 PM
yea i gotta hop on that aaa

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 07:38 PM
less than $100 a YEARRRRRR

anyone can afford it.

just turn off all your lights in your house when you don't need to use it......AAA South - Zip Check (http://www.aaasouth.com/Membership/benefits_plus.aspx)

noow i know.....i thought there pricing was per month...

drift freaq
07-19-2009, 08:21 PM
if your friend has that,
you can use their tow card!

Ah no you can't. The card is specific to the name on the card and said owner of the car being one in the same.

I LUV MY S13
07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
my friend used his card for me about a year ago

dOMEmE
07-19-2009, 10:01 PM
HEY {I LUV MY S13} do you know who was taking pictures that day....i want the one were that "model" sat on top of my back seat and took sexy poses.....so sexy, top down with a cute girl sitting in the back...aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww............lol

DALAZ_68
07-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Sucks, but stuff like this has happened to most 240 owners. I can't count the number of times I've been stuck on the side of the road.

i can, 6 times...for me that is...

yuppp and specially in this heat lol

and they have glass hoses??!

seriously?

ive see the clear hoses, but glass...F that...

I always try and stop for 240 guys, and I usually have a toolkit (sockets/wrenches/electrical) and jumper cables with me, no matter which of my vehicles I'm in.

At least you got home :)

i have jumpers and AAA...im good...

thanks guys....it was a easy 10 dollar fix thank god.

u got severly lucky...

hang him for not stopping!! lol

its worth it...

some tow truck drivers are cool also..

hell yea, totally fucking hilarious about the shit theyve seen...

u can use it the tow to pick up shells too?

ive done it a few times...pure awesome

I've picked up tons of shells/non-running cars with it, I just tell them I bought a new car and need them to pick it up. Like Dave said, just tell them the street addy and the tow drivers are usually cool with whatever, since they bill AAA top dollar.

thats pretty much it...dont go into detail call them, tell em u need a tow at w/e addy ur at and thats it...

i remember calling once and the bitch didnt want to give me a tow because i bought the car crashed, so i hung up and didnt give em any kind of story just thati needed a tow, what kind of tow truck should be brought, and thats it...

LOL,

Yesterday my car died downtown hollywood and I had to track down Steve (DALAZ68) because i knew he lived close to the area.

Zilvia friend came through and saved my but :)

dude, so i go to try and get my moms car's alignment after and the mother fuckers were working on another car and i couldnt get on the lift...i have to try and go today...such fail !!!

hope u got ur car fixed though