PDA

View Full Version : Emergency! Emergency!

driftphenom
07-17-2009, 11:28 PM
ok, so i had this 95 240 that jumped time and didnt run. i put it up for sale on craigslist and on here. anyway, a guy offered to trade me a 90 dsm turbo. he brought it over and the windshield was busted because the hood flew up, the power steering belt was gone, there was a problem with cruise control, and it needed some crushwashers replaced on the oil lines. i gave the guy $260 to fix all the stuff. he is a mechanic (i was led to believe anyway). he showed me the car on the 5th of july, he got a price on the parts and i gave him the money on the 11th, brought the car over thur. the 16th. when he got there he said the throttle cable that he bought for the cruise control, he didnt need, but the cable just needed adjusting, and "the idle needed to be adjusted" (it idled fine from a cold start, but when it was warm, it idled @1500 to 2000). the more i write the more fucked i realize i am......
so at this point ive paid for a windshield and a power steering belt, and a set of wipers(?). and he never got ahold of any crushwashers. so he brings me the car on thursday, he pops the hood and theres some white shit on the manifold and i look closer and its jb weld. im like wtf? he said that it was just a surface crack and that it didnt leak. then he told me that the oil pan seal wasnt good and that it leaked "about a half a quart every 2 weeks" well i wasnt pleased but i thought with a little bit of time and money ($100, and a weekend) ya know drop the pan and reseal it.
the problem is i drove it to work tonight and when i got home there was serious oil leaking from under it. i dont know whether he knew it and was intentionally fucking me or not. but another problem is that he has the title to both cars. i havent singed mine yet tho. and the 240 is still in my driveway and i still have the key. i dont know what to do, we're supposed to sign tiltes tomorow, and i think im getting screwed bigtime. as long as the car still runs i can re-nig out, right? i only drove it like 25 miles. i reset the trip odo when he dropped it off. there were definitely things wrong with the car that he didnt tell me about the first time we talked.it wasnt until it was in my driveway an he was handing me the keys. i have a parts list of the things "he" said were wrong with it, with his signature and the date. what can i do? tell him to take the car back and consider the windshield a gift? some one please help. what happens if hes like " you broke it you buy it" please help me !!!

driven_
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
1. paragraphs.

2. with the money you helped him fix his car for, you couldve at least fixed your car.
3. fuck dsm's. Lol (my opinion,)
4. its a 240sx, if it gives you a headache, and you have internal/timing problems, and you want a cheap fix, get a new motor. LOL.
5. take back your 240sx, and i'll but it from you for $500. i need a shell anyways.

gotta240
07-17-2009, 11:37 PM
I always like to hear both sides of the story before judging.

But IF you are telling the truth about everything, i would probably be polite to the guy and say something like "you know, I found a LOT of things wrong with this car that you didn't tell me. I'm sure you werent intentionally lying to me, but this car doesnt hold up to the deal we made. I'm fine with letting you keep the windshield and stuff i already paid for, but i cant go through with this deal"..

Did you sign any bill of sale? Did you sign any agreement?

I LUV MY S13
07-17-2009, 11:37 PM
ya man i was having trouble understand ur typing..just do watever it takes to get the car back

ravinaziankid
07-17-2009, 11:39 PM
If you didn't sign anything saying the car is yours..and the title of your 240 wasn't signed to him, you shouldn't have a problem, the only thing you lose is the money you gave to fix the problems.

If anything, he benefits since now he can probably sell his car for more or drive it around and use the money he saved from buying the windshield etc to fix it up. Either way, you're not in a contract, so you can walk anytime.

driftphenom
07-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Sorry about the typing, i am a little frantic at the moment. The only thing that is signed, is his name on the parts list we made the first day he brought it over. I've signed nothing

*oh yeah, when i got home from work tonight, i popped the hood to see wtf was going on, there was oil burning somewhwere, i looked closer and the valve cover is cracked. i cant believe this shit*

I LUV MY S13
07-17-2009, 11:43 PM
aight then get that shit back

HyperTek
07-17-2009, 11:44 PM
ok why would you want a 90 dsm? car is ugly as sin, will get no girls, and mitsubishi quality sucks = not reliable in the long run. Only a small handful of people respect those cars, and they happen to be people who are stuck with em lol.

Sounds like he drove the shit out of it, redlined here and there, typical wannabestreetracer shit. Hes tryin to bubblegum coverup so he can make out with your 240 so he can move on to his drift dreams.

driftphenom
07-17-2009, 11:50 PM
thanks for the encouragement. i hope i dont get screwed too hard. i know im gonna get screwed at least a few inches, but maybe its just
God's way of telling me to keep the 240........
btw, i would fix it if i had the capacity. im in a gravel driveway with no lift and no one i know has a paved area. and just to replace timing guides, nissan wanted like 3K. now i gotta pull the head and shit. so i either do it myself, or it dont get done

driftphenom
07-17-2009, 11:53 PM
ok why would you want a 90 dsm? car is ugly as sin, will get no girls, and mitsubishi quality sucks = not reliable in the long run. Only a small handful of people respect those cars, and they happen to be people who are stuck with em lol.

Sounds like he drove the shit out of it, redlined here and there, typical wannabestreetracer shit. Hes tryin to bubblegum coverup so he can make out with your 240 so he can move on to his drift dreams.

my nissan is broke down too, looks are an opinion, im sure there are plenty people on here who wouldnt mind owning an mitsubishi. whats the difference? thx for you input tho. there was nothing constructive with your bs

p.s. i was trading a car w/ a slavage title that didnt run, for a car w/ a clean title that did run.....

FRpilot
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
why did you trade your pos for what sounds like an even bigger pos?

ronmcdon
07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Just keep your car.
Makes no sense that you're trading one problem for another.

I don't think it was wise of you to pursue that trade after all the issues it had.
It was certainly foolish to give that guy so much $$$ to fix his own problems.
It would irredeemably stupid to trade your S14 for a junker like that (or even keep it for free).

Be patient.
Either fix up your S14, or keep on having that FS ad up.

driftphenom
07-17-2009, 11:59 PM
hindsight=20/20. i guess ill tell him to bring me back my title, keep the windshieldand have a good day. but what if he tries to say im the cause the problems in the dsm?

ronmcdon
07-18-2009, 12:02 AM

lol, not all of us choose to drive what we do to pick up chicks, or for looks alone. the mitsubishis I've owned (esp my existing evo) have held up reasonably well. my 240sx actually has been the least reliable out of the dozen or so cars I've owned. something needs to be replaced/repaired every other month, no exaggeration.

I don't take any offense, but I do think you're being a bit unreasonably judgmental there.

ronmcdon
07-18-2009, 12:10 AM
hindsight=20/20. i guess ill tell him to bring me back my title, keep the windshieldand have a good day. but what if he tries to say im the cause the problems in the dsm?

I hope you didn't sign the title.

If you did, that might be trouble.
There would be legal complications there, as it might constitute as a legal contract.

If you didn't sign title, and the dude doesn't give it back to you, contact the DMV asap.
Just say you lost it, or be honest.
edit...nvm.

You don't owe him anything.
If anything, he's the one that's taken your $$$ and wasted your time.

HyperTek
07-18-2009, 12:52 AM
well at least trade for a good running car. Sounds like you just want to avoid the hassle of fixing up your car, that DSM is gonna be another project car always requesting wrench time, trust me... i never had one, but any old car your gonna be wrenching on, its just the nature of it. Unless you get a late 90s toyota or something.

aznpoopy
07-18-2009, 12:58 AM
jb weld anything engine related = run like fucking hell.

letting him keep all the repair cost shit for free is a sweet deal for him. should be okay.

urmyhero4now
07-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Yea you are an idiot for even taking that deal in the first place. Makes no sense to me at any angle that you look at it. I would give him his POS back, ask for my money since he was giving you garbage and go get yourself a new motor for your 240....done.

driftphenom
07-18-2009, 10:25 AM
when i finally looked under the car today in the daylight, to see where the oil was leaking from, the fucking drain plug was gone. last night i was scared, now im pissed.

i havent signed anything, but he does have physical posession of both titles. but i have physical posession of both cars, and keys

Dirty Habit
07-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....we're supposed to sign tiltes tomorow, and i think im getting screwed bigtime. as long as the car still runs i can re-nig out, right?

Renegotiate:
To revise the terms of (a contract) so as to limit or regain excess profits gained by the contractor.

Renege:
To fail to carry out a promise or commitment: reneged on the contract at the last minute.
Games. To fail to follow suit in cards when able and required by the rules to do so.

That shit drives me crazy.

HyperTek
07-18-2009, 01:03 PM
i know our responses may be harsh, but we are jus tryin to help you out so you dont get a bad deal! good luck with it dude and keep us posted.

altalti
07-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I have a solution. Get your title back or go to DMV and get one. Then PM me where in NC you live. I get in my truck in Va. Beach with a uhaul trailer and come buy it for a few hundred bucks. Then I proceed to DD it for years to come. If this solves your conundrum please feel free to contact me. Then I can lose a truck payment you can lose a lawn ornament and gain some cash and we both leave somewhat happy.

Charlie
07-18-2009, 02:47 PM
ok, so i had this 95 240 that jumped time and didnt run
All I read was this and I stopped, your 240 can travel through time? Sorry seriously though paragraphs would make it easier for everyone to read.

Nismology
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Well he seems like a douche bag but maybe he didnt' know say you dont want to trade after all, if he's understand than you can see he was honest. If he gets pist, get your angry black neighbour in the mix.

Haha but seriously your only issue have is retarding the timing? and instead of paying a shop to reset it you go sell it for a box of shit? Bad idea.

driftphenom
07-18-2009, 02:56 PM
i called him today, and told him to bring me the title (to the 240) and he needs to bring an oil plug and 4 quarts of oil to get this pos out of here. he came over with nothing and starts looking at the car, and asking me what happened. im like" i dont fucking know, i drove it less than 25 miles". under no circumstances should that ever happen, he kept telling me that he would get all the stuff fixed and he was trying to keep the deal going but i had had enough. i was like "no. go get my title NOW. and make sure you get some oil and a plug this time. " he leaves comes back like 15-20 min later, with oil and stuff this time. i ask him for the title and he says that hes not going to give it to me until he knows his cars not fucked up. he puts the plug and the oil in it, and its starts up.

then he starts finger fucking all the belts and shit. saying "i dont know what you did to the timing belt, but it wasnt like this when i dropped it off" whatever...I DROVE IT 25 MILES!!!

then one of his buddies starts runnin his mouth about the valves being bent. he hasnt come over with less than 3 people everytime. im a small guy 5'5" 130. these guys are huge, and to be honest i was a little intimidated. but i would not break.

after it was all said and done i got the title back, and he took his piece of shit back. as long as its out of my driveway, i dont give a fuck.

i also told him i wanted half the money back for the windshield, but i seriously doubt i'll ever see a dime of it. live and learn.

the only other thing im worried about is that these kids live close by, and they are young(dumb). i really hope that they dont come back in the middle of the night and try to fuck some shit up around here. i have his address too, but i dont think he knows it. i guess i'll have to go on night watch for a while with the nine and the ak. he was PISSED, but so was i.
i thought it was reasonable to nullify the agreement given the circumstances.

thanks for reading my story, and let this be a lesson to you all: NEVER let yourself get talked into something your not %100 about. it cost me $200 and alot of paranoia.

FRpilot
07-18-2009, 03:13 PM
you never know.. he can come by any time and fuck your shit up.

there was a small story of a lady in my area who got murdered by her ex-bf recently. apparently this guy was a penniless gambler and they had a daughter together. she left him with their daughter and he's been stalking her since 2003, and he killed her in 2009. police think he's been plotting this since back then.

Phlip
07-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Now that you have the title back to your car, I have checked your IP address and you're somewhere close to me...
Greensboro, High Point, McLeansville?
Any fucking way, let me know and I know at least one small shop 2 people personally who may be able to help you for less than 3 fucking thousand dollars.

... I'm going to get food and beer now, PM me or email me [email protected]

ronmcdon
07-18-2009, 03:42 PM
glad to hear it worked out for you.
got the impression that guy was trying to take advantage of your generosity.
aside from getting pissed (I always strive to part on diplomatic terms in any situation), I think you handled that well.
Going forward on future transactions, I hope you'll consider doing things a little differently to avoid similar situations.

As for your car's safety, there really is only so much you can do about it without parking it in your garage.
personally, when it comes to buying & selling cars, I prefer not to work with ppl I get questionable vibes from.
They will know where you live.
There are things far more valuable than the sale of a car.

SochBAT
07-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Your first post was seriously a cluster fuck. I could not tell where a sentence started and where one ended. Well, the periods did give it away, but you need to type better. Its much less of a headache for people trying to grasp your situation.

Glad you got your car back, and now, with whatever cash you have left, invest in an Infrared/Nightshot camera to watch your car/house/whatever.

driftphenom
07-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I apologize for my poor grammar previously.
however, I was nervous/pissed/scared etc. And again, i thank everyone for thier advice. I have made the decision to keep the 240 and get it fixed.

Phlip, i emailed you about you offer/advice. I am in Kernersville.

As fas as protecting my property goes, I dont go to sleep until 3 or 4. Hopefully they got the hint that this property is not to be fucked with.

Thank you all again!

P.S. Is my grammar better now?

TheWolf
07-19-2009, 06:52 AM
trades never work.. never.. anyone who wants to trade is an idiot.. what is acceptable to one is half ass held together crap to another.. dependable to one is worthless to another...

Phlip
07-19-2009, 07:18 AM
trades never work.. never.. anyone who wants to trade is an idiot.. what is acceptable to one is half ass held together crap to another.. dependable to one is worthless to another...

Thanks, but the issue has been resolved, he has returned the DSM and gotten the title back for his S14...
Sure, the OP may be out a couple hundred, but that is a lot less than a potential workable car that he knows compared to a potential timebomb that he does not. I have steered him in the direction of getting his car properly running without having to break the bank. If all goes according to snuff, there should be no further issue.

SochBAT
07-19-2009, 01:57 PM
A lot better. Thanks =]