PDA

View Full Version : Good bye and goodnight...

DSC
04-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Well, as many of you know by now, my car is for sale.

I doubt many even noticed but I was gone for a good month or two before I put my car up for sale. I actually just came back to sell it and bull**** around a bit.
Well, once its sold I doubt most of you will ever see me again.
I will be leaving the forums for good, and not only that but the nissan "scene".

I'm actually tired of everything associated with this forum, and talk of modding cars in general. The retarded hosts of people asking stuipd questions every day w/out opposition. The stunnas, street racers, ricers, "dr1fters" (not to be confused with the very few drifters here) and everybody else who has been slowly ruining this forum for the past coulple years.

My website ( http://www.steamymirror.com/dsc240sx ) has been down for a while, but instead of building up a new one I have decided not to continue work on a site at all.
Not because I'm lazy but because I don't care about helping the above listed people anymore, and I won't waste my time or money doing so any longer.

For those who have an interest in the matter...I'll still be building a race car but it won't be a 240 and I won't be posting about it here...if you need to contact me, you already know how.

So I may be around in the FS and MS section till the car sells but I'll consider this the offical "good bye" to everybody here that I've come to somewhat know.

Funny, I opposed the creation of this section back in the day...

SilviaDriver
04-16-2003, 11:25 PM
Nooooooooooooooo! Tai Saooooo!!! [why!!!!]

well i know u dont know me [of course..not many people do] but Stay! ive been reading ur stuff uve been of great help to people. yea i understand u dont wanna help out the following people but there are people who would like to have u help them! i mean ur write ups have been awsome! esp ur front and rear sway bar ones..help me put them on rather than going to a shop and do them! if u are to leave..at least come back once in a while!

AKADriver
04-16-2003, 11:32 PM
bah, get the hell outta here :p

see ya on H-T and, hopefully, at the track!

SilviaDriver
04-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by AKADriver
bah, get the hell outta here :p

see ya on H-T and, hopefully, at the track!

in that case..ill see u both on H-T!! haha im a member there too.

Steeles
04-17-2003, 08:36 AM
good luck with the new race car man.

fodive
04-17-2003, 08:43 AM
Sorry to see you go Dave, take care man...

Dousan_PG
04-17-2003, 08:44 AM
sucks but i feel your pain. im getting to the same point, almost picking up another car. but.....soon ;)

anyways, best of luck w/ your track car, have fun and be safe.

what keeps me from the board getting to me is the track.

hehe..going again tomorrow all day woot woot! :)

nrcooled
04-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Dave,

I feel your pain. Anyway good luck w/ your future car venture and I wish you all the best;)

Take care bro,
Bakari

PS you can drive my car anytime:D

keepitmovin
04-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Best of wishes Dave. Sorry to see you go, thanks for all the help. Good luck on your new car..keep whoring the track.

DSC
04-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by James
I know how you feel. After a couple years owning a car (or multiples of the same car) and swapping engines and learning all there is to do.......you get bored real fast.
Hanging out on a message board doesn't help this process.

But hey that's life- deal with it.
+It's pretty retarded to sell a car just because you have a grudge/annoyed by some message forum with people you don't even know.
If you like the car keep it and be happy.
So if you're selling the car/calling it quits- no one to blame but yourself (you're a big boy).

Wow james...
It'd be hard to imagine selling a car because of a message board :eek:
Maybe my post wasn't clear but I initally left a couple months ago...long before I decided to sell my car. I'm back on now, just to sell the car. Only relation between leaving the forum and selling the car is that once the car is gone I'll have no reason to be here.

All goes well I'll be at summit point june 21-22 with the new car...hope to see some of you there.

Bbandit
04-17-2003, 01:25 PM
good luck dave
hope everything will turn out great for you
:)

SR240DET
04-17-2003, 01:56 PM
what kinda car you getting dave?

DMC
04-17-2003, 02:09 PM
damn dude its been nice talkin to you and knowing you, but im glad your elavin your a jackass and i dont ever wanna talk to you again TUCK YOUR DAMN BALLS IN

Foxcolt
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SR240DET
what kinda car you getting dave?

yes yes...inquiring minds would like to know:D

Sorry to hear you go, being that were in the same state it sucks to lose someone from our small but growing community.

G'luck on your ventures though!

HaLo
04-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey Dave. I never actually talked to you much but I always found your posts and your website very informative. I wish you best of luck with your new car and new projects! :)

SR240DET
04-17-2003, 04:47 PM
hey dave.. can i buy your sway bars? im sure the next owner wont mind.... ill give you my stock front sway bar also just to be even...

if you want.. ill drive my happy ass from florida to your state for s/b... i like road trips...

oh.. and can i buy your LSD... stock wheels.. and 5 lug hubs, rotors, calipers and junk to?... ill give you my base modle stuff for free.... my tires are new...

logo20
04-17-2003, 05:49 PM
so you're leaving the nissan "scene", let us know what your getting into.
bye DSC.

DSC
04-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Something like this is what I plan to build
http://www.240motorsports.com/sm.jpg

And btw, the s14 is selling as is with all the mods :p
Also, you can find everything from my site at http://www.midatlantic240sx.com so it's not going away for good.
Should be up in a week or so...

SR240DET
04-17-2003, 07:32 PM
they do make good race cars....

hey Dave... are you sure we cant work somthin out?.. just the sway bars? ill pay shipping... and give you the front sway bar off my base... oh.. and BTW... mods lessen the value.. ;)

whateverjames
04-17-2003, 08:52 PM
See ya, DSC.
It's been fun.

KiDyNomiTe
04-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DSC
Something like this is what I plan to build
http://www.240motorsports.com/sm.jpg

And btw, the s14 is selling as is with all the mods :p
Also, you can find everything from my site at http://www.midatlantic240sx.com so it's not going away for good.
Should be up in a week or so...

At least your not going down to a ****ty car, have fun with the miata, they are very sexy cars.

Glad to see that you will at least keep some of those things on some site.

Good luck with selling your car and your new car life :D

AceInHole
04-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Hello Dave.
How are you doing Dave?
I'm sorry but I do not understand Dave.
Would you like your coffee Dave?

Sounds like... a bad movie.... hah.

I take it you're not gonna come to the next big ONE meet to go karting eh?? Well, maybe sometime we'll meet at a track.... and may the better driver win :p

Nismos14
04-17-2003, 10:42 PM
i was gone for quite a while too no one noticed of course, then got back on and realized pretty much the same as dsc its pointless to be on here..... plus i got me a new car :D

HippoSleek
04-18-2003, 07:28 AM
As one of the original 300, I feel Dave's pain -- I have avoided everything here except petty bickering in OT and some actual topics in MS for a while now. Everyone I've enjoyed talking to here has pretty much left. With the absence of people like Dave and Travis, this place just isn't worth the time. The inmates are running the asylum. I'll see most of the people I liked here elsewhere and wish the rest of you the best of luck with your cars.

adieu

Mark - who owned a 240 before Non's was on the cover of SCC and will see some of you in June...

Foxcolt
04-18-2003, 11:04 AM
I think part of the reason is because this board has changed focus from a mainly track oriented board to your average 240/silvia bling blingy board.

The addition of the motorsports section was to try and correct this problem, unfortunatly it didn't seem to help.

Track whores:D Aren't interested in the same stuff others are. And naturally since this board is not "special" like that anymore most of em are moving on to bigger and better things.

Bbandit
04-18-2003, 12:00 PM
i love talking about motorsport(as you all can see, im an autoX freak) but it doesnt hurt to talk about something else once in a while..
besides its fun just to meet new people.. i've met some of the members and actually become a close friend with one of them..
i love cars but that doesnt mean i have to talk about events and all that all of the time..
its true that zilvia has changed but for some reason.. i still feel at home
i consider every member in this board as my brothers

04-18-2003, 12:26 PM
really sorry to see you go dave. like a lot of people on this board, i really valued whatever you had to say. when searching, there always seems something interesting you had to say. i'm gonna try to make it to summit point this summer, so hopefully i'll see ya there, even though i don't know you, haha.

good luck with the miata

logo20
04-18-2003, 12:41 PM
As one of the original 300, I feel Dave's pain -- I have avoided everything here except petty bickering in OT and some actual topics in MS for a while now. Everyone I've enjoyed talking to here has pretty much left. With the absence of people like Dave and Travis, this place just isn't worth the time. The inmates are running the asylum. I'll see most of the people I liked here elsewhere and wish the rest of you the best of luck with your cars.
are you leaving too? I remember a year ago when i came to zilvia.net the forum was different, I was learning a lot of stuff about cars. I don't remember the names of the other people but I learn a lot of stuff from your posts.

BadMoJo
04-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Peace out man!

I was here when this forum was small as well. It has changed alot, some good, some bad. About 7 months ago or more when the 240 hit the rice mags the forum was flooded with noobs and ricers. That made alot of the original people leave, it sucks but thats how it goes. :(

Just ignore the BS and stick it out, there are still alot of cool people here and some good info.

I know I plan on hanging around. :D

negular
04-20-2003, 02:46 AM
Take care, and good luck... or is it, good luck and take care?... either way... take it easy man.

adey
04-20-2003, 04:38 AM
Good bye! Enjoy the NA8C/NA6C (?) lifestyle. It's much more mainstream than the S14lifestyle, but a lifestuyle nonetheless. If you ever venture out to Socal for events later on, maybe we'll see you at the tracks.
Drive safely!

Roly
04-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Sorry to hear that you're going. I also considered the Miata thing a couple of months ago as well. I put my car up for sale, and it didn't, so I'm sticking it out learning more about it. And if it helps, thanx again for selling me your rear OEM swaybar. Just do as I do and take the things you read hear with a grain of salt. Who cares if a dumb question was asked? or if even a worse answer is given and you know the correct answer. I don't want to let the secret out.... but "It's Just a Board!" But if you're still going Miata, I hope it kicks ass!;)

boro240
04-20-2003, 06:28 AM
All I can say is I wish you the best man. I supose we all gotta move on sometime, sad to see you go though. Bigger and better things eh? I'd say that I hope to see you around sometime (I would hope to actually), but thats not really likely at all. Ya never know though.

Good luck, and God speed.

coolerow2
04-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by BadMoJo
Peace out man!

I was here when this forum was small as well. It has changed alot, some good, some bad. About 7 months ago or more when the 240 hit the rice mags the forum was flooded with noobs and ricers. That made alot of the original people leave, it sucks but thats how it goes. :(

yea, what he said.