PDA

View Full Version : rb into an AE86 anyone

epics13
07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
just wanted to noe if anyone on here has ever did this before or new someone that did this, i would really like to know about all the problems incountered, thanks for any info.

timlush
07-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Probably weighs twice what the stock engine does. Ruin everything good about the car.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
God. i hope not.

Slammed180
07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Wouldn't you know it? Google is worth something.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x289/Slammed180/RB26DETPoweredAE86.jpg

ZenkiKid
07-17-2009, 12:30 AM
judging by that rear end sunk i assume that car was built for zeroyon/drag

silly_13
07-17-2009, 01:30 AM
just put 20b in it... lol

junbugs13
07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
yea thats alot of weight for that car but man its would be fast tho if you could do it if you could make it happen i say do it but dont get into something then back out of it cuz i have a rb20 in ma fastback and i like the way it feels wit it its not as bouncy when drifting

touge monster
07-17-2009, 03:04 AM
yea thats alot of weight for that car but man its would be fast tho if you could do it if you could make it happen i say do it but dont get into something then back out of it cuz i have a rb20 in ma fastback and i like the way it feels wit it its not as bouncy when drifting

How old are you?

240creep
07-17-2009, 03:29 AM
seen one with an sr...
but no rb, seems like it wouldnt have any traction with that power

meteorite_flo
07-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Well there's a guy on here that's building one with a V8 in it.

TheWolf
07-17-2009, 07:55 AM
I think being a toyota there are more 1JZ and 2JZ swaps than nissan ones. Either one of those motors is as good or better than the RB series from nissan.

Future240
07-17-2009, 08:11 AM
I think being a toyota there are more 1JZ and 2JZ swaps than nissan ones. Either one of those motors is as good or better than the RB series from nissan.

Agreed it makes a lot more sense to swap in a Jz than an RB. It is common, therefore lots of info, it isn't a crossover so the swap would probably be easier. And stock vs stock the JZ can reliably hold more hp due to the stronger internals.

ManoNegra
07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
From what I understand, chassis would need a lot of work to be able
to hold that much power
custom rear end with a different diff too
seems something a kid would do to take pics and brag on the internet
but anything is possible if your throw enough $$$$ at it

Black Guy
07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I fit a 1jz in my corolla so im sure you can fit an RB
http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu137/Corollacoaster/BG/cc2.jpg?t=1247840951

epics13
07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
thanks a lot for all the information the reason i asked was one of my friends is picking up one for cheap and we were wondering wat to do with it, since the 1j&2j swaps are very common, we wanted something completed different thats when the rb came up. We did realized that there would be a lot of mod needs to strength the body (especially the rear end for all the power). And fyi im not one of those guys that be on the internet 24/7 talking about how my car is this and that, its just not me.

Again thanks alot i guess after we firgure out the cost and rethink all the other options we will noe wat to do.

ManoNegra
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
What do you intend to do with the car?
seems to me that 1/2JZ or RB would take the fun out of the Corolla

Slammed180
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
It's all about being different.
Fuck function/practicality.

TheWolf
07-17-2009, 11:10 AM
since the 1j&2j swaps are very common, we wanted something completed different thats when the rb came up.

Totally... I wouldn't be seen dead in a AE86 with a 1Jz cause the there is like 3 in town already. :rofl:

By the time you get a rear end to hold all that power, and mod the chassis to support that rear end. You're not going to have any toyota parts left.

I would love to see someone put in an aluminum winters quick change rear end and set one up right like a race car instead of all the stupid ford 9" or supra rear bodge jobs people do.

Bobadrift
07-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Just do a 1uz. Lexus aluminum V8. Weighs less then a 2JZ-GTE and since it's 4 liter you get better torque. It's been done before. Just look it up on youtube. They even have ITB kits for it.

!Zar!
07-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Or just an SR.

That's already more than enough.

XenoVibe
07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I agree with the guy who said drop in a 20B. Lightweight rotory engines ftw.

HyperTek
07-17-2009, 12:30 PM
a KA would be killer in that car as is.

Black Guy
07-17-2009, 01:16 PM
What do you intend to do with the car?
seems to me that 1/2JZ or RB would take the fun out of the Corolla
My main intention is drift, but i'd like to have some fun at the strip with my drag racing friends occasionally.
It's all about being different.
Fuck function/practicality.
So you're saying if the car doesn't have a little motor, it'll perform like shit? Yea im different, thats definitely why I'm doing it. Not. But you're right, fuck practicality. Who needs that shit, I do what I feel like doing.

If you said wasn't pure sarcasm, then disregard my reply lol.

Totally... I wouldn't be seen dead in a AE86 with a 1Jz cause the there is like 3 in town already. :rofl:

By the time you get a rear end to hold all that power, and mod the chassis to support that rear end. You're not going to have any toyota parts left.

I would love to see someone put in an aluminum winters quick change rear end and set one up right like a race car instead of all the stupid ford 9" or supra rear bodge jobs people do.

I've already got a ford 8.8 built for the car, only cost me 400$. Bolts right into the stock location with no problems. So thats one toyota part gone, I still have the rest. I still have to order my Techno Lateral Bar/4link set/traction brackets, along with an S&W 10pt cage. I think i'll be alright with that set up as far as the chassis goes.

I mean if Josh Young can run a 1uz corolla in multiple events making a sweet amount of power, I think i'll be alright.I don't imagine the 1uz weighing THAT much less than a 1jz, but i'll compensate.

And my buddy(the white car next to mine) Paid 1500$ for a GTS rear end built with bigger axles and a spool. No thanks haha. I'll live with my heavy motor and diff. Im just doing it because I feel like it, if it works well awesome, if not i'll sell it to some drag racer for a good amount of money and build a 'practical' drift car :D

Black Guy
07-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I agree with the guy who said drop in a 20B. Lightweight rotory engines ftw.
I would do that over anything if I had the cash.
a KA would be killer in that car as is.
There is a KA-T AE86 here in florida, it belongs to the owner of Side-Run Garage. Good dude, he's the guy who built my rear.

Slammed180
07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
It was pure sarcasm. Hahaha.
Sometimes hard to pass it off on the interwebz.

TheWolf
07-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I've already got a ford 8.8 built for the car, only cost me 400$. Bolts right into the stock location with no problems. So thats one toyota part gone, I still have the rest. I still have to order my Techno Lateral Bar/4link set/traction brackets, along with an S&W 10pt cage. I think i'll be alright with that set up as far as the chassis goes.

And my buddy(the white car next to mine) Paid 1500$ for a GTS rear end built with bigger axles and a spool. No thanks haha. I'll live with my heavy motor and diff. Im just doing it because I feel like it, if it works well awesome, if not i'll sell it to some drag racer for a good amount of money and build a 'practical' drift car :D

See this is what I'm saying. "order a 4 link"... get a tape measure and set it up. Then order the links out of any sprint car/stock car catalog. If you wanted to roadrace it you could run the 4 links upto the drivers seat and when you got on the gas the car would squat and take off like a bandit.

A winters quick change rear is basically like a magnesium pumpkin 9" ford with aluminum axle tubes and a set of gears on the back that are quick swapable for +-20% on your rear gear ratio. So instead of adding 30-40lbs to the heavy toyota diff with the ford, you could be much lighter and stronger. Looks so much better as well.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/RS/SR/Product/802247S_L.jpg

dmragecm
07-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Or just an SR.

That's already more than enough.

truth be spoken