PDA

View Full Version : cop wrote wrong info on citation ticket

blitzsti22
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
alright well i was crusing on venice blvd and this cop decides to pull me over for speeding. i was only going about 45 on a 35. the cop tells me i was going 53 and i was like wtf. the funny thing is that the cop wasnt even facing in my direction his bike was facing north and i was going north. Doesnt make sense how he saw me speeding. When he pulled me over the only thing he asked for was my drivers license, NO proof of insurance or registration. On the citation he wrote down acura intengra 1995. i drive a 95 s14 And also wrote down my license plate wrong my plate is xESExxx, he put down xESFxxx. Do you guys think that the judge throw out this case because its not even the correct car or license plate on the citation. any help would be grateful. sorry for the format at work and they block internet

upstate240sx
07-15-2009, 05:20 PM
i would say maybe ive seen cases get thrown out for less

HyperTek
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah good chance, if he cant determine the car or the license plate, whos to say he measured your speed correctly.

maybe take some pics of ur car ,your license plate and insurance papers that state the plate number when u go to court.

If he would have popped ur hood, this would have been super stereotypical streetracer profiling if he thought u had a honda/acura lol

ThatGuy
07-15-2009, 05:22 PM
2 Things:

#1. Do the speed limit, and you never have to worry about speeding.

#2. Pick up the phone, and call the court house, or a lawyer. They will give you the information you seek.

barraza1984
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
jajajajaj the same to me he put 300zx
i have a sil80 jajajajajajajajaj

blitzsti22
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
yea thx guys imma call up the court house tmr on my day luck ill keep you guys posted. also srry for the format in the first post im at work and they block internet browsing, but i got a way to bypass that

!Zar!
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Probably doesn't matter what you are driving or what he puts down.

As long as he has your DL number.

Of course that's my speculation.

ronmcdon
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Seems pretty certain it'll get thrown out.
That officer was probably high off some confiscated substances.
I've never heard of any cop screw up that bad writing tickets.

Also, pls do tell exactly where in Venice Blvd this happened.
Usually, the whole Venice/Santa Monica/Culver area is pretty laid back.

HyperTek
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
well he got the make and model wrong.. but who knows he might scratch out and make corrections on his copy of the ticket, or even got the correct license plate on his but didnt appear on your copy.

id wait til you get it in the mail... calling tomarrow might have them put a note in the computer?

blitzsti22
07-15-2009, 05:37 PM
well he got the make and model wrong.. but who knows he might scratch out and make corrections on his copy of the ticket, or even got the correct license plate on his but didnt appear on your copy.

i read it clearly he put both pieces of information wrong. yea you right imma wait for the mail to come in.

!Zar!
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
You all are missing the fact that the cop didn't have the registration or insurance information for the OP's car.

That is what they go by when writing a citation.

So being as how they didn't have any information, he had to freeball it.

blitzsti22
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Seems pretty certain it'll get thrown out.
That officer was probably high off some confiscated substances.
I've never heard of any cop screw up that bad writing tickets.

Also, pls do tell exactly where in Venice Blvd this happened.
Usually, the whole Venice/Santa Monica/Culver area is pretty laid back.

i was on venice blvd before going onto san vicente blvd. crossing west pico blvd

HyperTek
07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
i always wondered about when u check your citiations that you havent recieved any mail on.. if when you call in or check online, if they copy down ur # so they can try to find out where that citation is.. like if the cop never turned it in etc..

ronmcdon
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM

id wait til you get it in the mail... calling tomarrow might have them put a note in the computer?

I don't think the 'scratching out' deal would work for the cop.
OP has a copy of the original paper-work that can be submitted to the judge & compared.
Scratching it up, would not only prove he messed up, but also that he attempted to cover up his mistakes unethically.

Unless the OP deals with some over-zealous asshole judge, he has a great chance.

blitzsti22
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
You all are missing the fact that the cop didn't have the registration or insurance information for the OP's car.

yea he didnt have it but he should of asked for it, also my car is not debaged so it clearly says nissan. lol kinda funny he put down acura integra

Taniguchi_Is_#1
07-15-2009, 05:43 PM

ding ding. we have a winner. also, you can be clocked driving towards or away from radar. how do i know? i've done speed studies at my old job, and we used to clock cars driving away from us. still plenty accurate.

ronmcdon
07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
i was on venice blvd before going onto san vicente blvd. crossing west pico blvd

thanks for the heads up!

s13 @ fullboost
07-15-2009, 05:58 PM
don't even worry about it.

!Zar!
07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
yea he didnt have it but he should of asked for it, also my car is not debaged so it clearly says nissan. lol kinda funny he put down acura integra

You all are trying to argue semantics.

It doesn't matter if he was on a fart powered turtle.

He was pulled over and cited for speeding.

zenki.life
07-15-2009, 06:06 PM
You all are trying to argue semantics.

It doesn't matter if he was on a fart powered turtle.

He was pulled over and cited for speeding.

yep yep yep

Future240
07-15-2009, 06:49 PM
2 Things:

#2. Pick up the phone, and call the court house, or a lawyer. They will give you the information you seek.

You forgot the one, about not posting what you did wrong on the internet where cops are known to troll and even post.

HYPNOTIK
07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I got a $400 ticket for passing a schoolbus, the cop put the wrong day and the wrong time on the ticket. I still payed the $400 ticket.

junbugs13
07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
hmm idk just say that the cops was in a really big hurry and had pulled over person before me and seem to have his hands full wit tryin to write two tickets at onc if that dont work idk you might just end up payin for it anyway

bardabe
07-15-2009, 07:13 PM
don't even worry about it.

what he said

!Zar!
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah.

Don't go to court.

Don't deal with the ticket.

Don't give a damn.

Just smoke a bowl of fuckit.

FrankDukes
07-15-2009, 07:26 PM
You win by default. California law: Dumbass V.C. 10011.

Law states that there are 89.9 dumbass cops.

blitzsti22
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
lmao guess i have to wait for it in the mail.

blasting_speed
07-15-2009, 09:17 PM
#1. Do the speed limit, and you never have to worry about speeding..............

Preach it brotha' preach it. Well i'm going to say you deserved it, and you're gonna get away with it.

God bless America.

kandyflip445
07-15-2009, 09:34 PM
hmm idk just say that the cops was in a really big hurry and had pulled over person before me and seem to have his hands full wit tryin to write two tickets at onc if that dont work idk you might just end up payin for it anyway

Don't lie, it just pisses people off. They aren't retarded.

You win by default. California law: Dumbass V.C. 10011.

Law states that there are 89.9 dumbass cops.

Do you mean 89.9 percent? :cj:

2 Things:

What Barry said. Like going 10 over is REALLY gonna get you anywhere quicker. You'd be at where you are going MAYBE a minute or two earlier. Not worth it.

You're probably going to get off though if he really messed up that bad.

Ricks15
07-15-2009, 09:58 PM
If the cop says he got you going 53 you should have told him to to prove to you that he got you on his radar at that speed. If he refuses then he is just fucking with you. Bottom line the judge isnt going to dismiss you're ticket cuz of the wrong info the cop put down. You're gona have to expain to the judge and prove to the judge that you were not going as fast as the cop put you down for. Bottom line if a motorcycle cop that pulls you over 99% of the time they will show up to court, Dont matter if its a regual PD cop on a bike or a CHP on bike they allways go to court. But its a 50/50 chance you got when you see the judge just have all youre facts ready when its you're turn to speak up. Good Luck.

druthafoo
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Man, maybe I shouldve challenged my ticket.

The cop wrote down I was Caucasian when I'm clearly asian (I'm of the dark filipino variety) and he bent down to get a good look at me. Whatever, it was only a 80 dollar ticket anyways.