PDA

View Full Version : flex downpipe...need it?

joe3180
07-15-2009, 04:23 AM
i was just wondering does a flex downpipe help that much? if so what is a good quality one is out there? im anti megan racing btw. im just finishing up my large install and got a tomei exhust mani and i sure would like it to last as long as i can. so if the flex pipe really helps that much then i guess ill sale my old rsr one....thanks for any comments.

projectRDM
07-15-2009, 08:32 AM
It does. Keeping the weight of the exhaust from swinging around under the car is a huge benefit to keeping the manifold from cracking. But more important is actually using all the exhaust hangers (the one to the transmission mainly) and making sure they're not worn out. Just doing that eliminates most of the exhaust flex.

murda-c
07-15-2009, 08:36 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-specials-sales/254313-parts-shop-max-exhaust-flex-cobra-downpipe-w-t25-t28-dump-elbow.html

joe3180
07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
yea the one to my tranny is pretty much melted together....im thinking ur talking about the little bump stopper from the downpipe to the tranny correct? i was kinda wondering if that is a good or bad thing....on one hand i know the exhuast isnt swinging but on the other hand some of the flex is being directly transfered....so im torn.

fliprayzin240sx
07-16-2009, 08:41 AM
That and stiffer engine mounts to keep the engine from torquing sideways.

joe3180
07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
i got that covered. got some cusco soild mounts. hopefully that will be enough for the time being, was just bout to buy the powered by max one but 2 week wait on it and i cant be out of this car for that long i gotta get it running and tuned sometime soon. i think i sould be safe for the time being, gotta drive slow and careful while my clutch breaks in and by that time i should have the flex pipe.