PDA

View Full Version : Downey Ca Shop

270R
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey dudes I just want to see the responce.. I wanted to know If I started A small shop in downey Ca would any of u guys visit? Well do your basic maintinance, brakes, belts, oil changes, coil over installs, and eventually maybe even custom piping for exhaust and intakes... just cheking to see if theres a market for this.. what me and my buddies want is a nissan and toyota shop...

any input will be appreciated... thanks

adrians_s13
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
I usually do most of my own work on my car...

BUT... my office is located in Downey, and if you opened a shop, I'd be down to support / loiter / gawk at other cool 240s!

:D

but japanese motor swaps is where the business is at.

I LUV MY S13
07-14-2009, 08:09 PM
yea all that is a do it yourself kind of stuff..if u offered anything else i'd be dwn

270R
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
like what kind of stuff r u looking for?

I LUV MY S13
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
electrical/wiring, body, alignment, idk things more technical

S14Cuhh
07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
yessir. just not like the thieves on lakewood blvd across from downey landing.

but yes you should :] i need some help with removing hicas solenoid now that a have the subframe changed out

first customer right here

ellisonrox
07-14-2009, 09:07 PM
yessir. just not like the thieves on lakewood blvd across from downey landing.

but yes you should :] i need some help with removing hicas solenoid now that a have the subframe changed out

first customer right here

are those guys really thieves? i just saw that place and wondered what their deal was. they didn't even seem to be open for business despite it being in the middle of the day, and they just have a ton of 240s. what's the deal over there?

junn
07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
are those guys really thieves? i just saw that place and wondered what their deal was. they didn't even seem to be open for business despite it being in the middle of the day, and they just have a ton of 240s. what's the deal over there?

i know rite!!...their parking lot is like a 240 galore! haha

but yea dude you should...nice local spot for 240s

Noree
07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
that would be a great since its local from where I work lol

I LUV MY S13
07-14-2009, 09:45 PM
i know rite!!...their parking lot is like a 240 galore! haha

but yea dude you should...nice local spot for 240s

where is this shop?? ive never seen 240s on that street

junn
07-14-2009, 09:56 PM
where is this shop?? ive never seen 240s on that street

lakewood blvd....between imperial and firestone.....infront of best buy....if your going north its on your left hand side

ellisonrox
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
yeah you wouldn't miss it.. it's just a shit ton of 240s.. and it does look somewhat shady lol

adrians_s13
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
haha I know exactly what you guys are talking about. their lot is full of overpriced bandwagon cars.... ae86's to s14 koukis galore.

illxs14
07-14-2009, 10:19 PM
they seem real shady,
my friend bought a 95 240 there. it was a piece, they told her it was a good deal, they even offered some kind of warrenty to her, when we called to talk to them to call them on the stuff we found/didn't find they were always "busy" and they'd "call her back"

anyways.

if you were to open a shop that would be cool, a spot to go hang out. get some work done if needed, meets, bbq's, ect.. i'd support.

how soon were you looking to get it?

270R
07-14-2009, 11:17 PM
they seem real shady,
my friend bought a 95 240 there. it was a piece, they told her it was a good deal, they even offered some kind of warrenty to her, when we called to talk to them to call them on the stuff we found/didn't find they were always "busy" and they'd "call her back"

anyways.

if you were to open a shop that would be cool, a spot to go hang out. get some work done if needed, meets, bbq's, ect.. i'd support.

how soon were you looking to get it?

lol I appreciate the responses but it seems like u guys want a hang out more than u need work done lol althogh it would be cool to have that as a hang out.. im gonna wait for more responses then talk to my buddies see what they think if worste comes to worst maybe well just sell parts...

well we need to get a business license then find a supplier which want like 1 years worth of business it takes time

dOMEmE
07-15-2009, 03:48 AM
WOW! im not the only one that thinks that place is super sketchy!!! that place has sketch written all over it!!!

anyways as far as your shop, i agree with everyone, you should do more "custom" or technical stuff that your average joe cant do....just my 2cents...

I LUV MY S13
07-15-2009, 04:04 AM
lakewood blvd....between imperial and firestone.....infront of best buy....if your going north its on your left hand side

DAMN..i have never noticed this spot before..and i drive out there often ha

open a shop that does swaps..arent too many reliable ones in the area

jspeedm
07-15-2009, 01:15 PM
if you do open one, and you need a diagnostic, suspension, alignment tech. let me know.

t15
07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
dude every single time ive driven by that shop its been closed, i thought it was a chop shop of some sort, shit looked mad sketchy just drivin by made me not trust that place...

as for your shop, what if you just got a shit ton of lifts and charged people to use them since so many people fix their own cars
Then open like 1 or 2 lifts for yourself, so that people that dont want to work on their cars you can work on them and charge them.....just a thought, thats what i would do

270R
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
if you do open one, and you need a diagnostic, suspension, alignment tech. let me know.

ya will do..

that lift suggestion seemed like good idea..

jspeedm
07-16-2009, 09:36 PM
as for your shop, what if you just got a shit ton of lifts and charged people to use them since so many people fix their own cars
Then open like 1 or 2 lifts for yourself, so that people that dont want to work on their cars you can work on them and charge them.....just a thought, thats what i would do

there used to be a shop in the IE that did that. they rented out their lifts by the hour, and you had to bring your own tools. it's actually a really good idea. it cuts down on employee costs, but the liability is also very high. even with a signed wavier.

jayrawr
07-19-2009, 11:39 PM
open one !! i need a shop closer to me haha.

270R
07-20-2009, 09:44 AM
open one !! i need a shop closer to me haha.

lol we r workin on it..

VROOOM
07-20-2009, 01:28 PM
if you do, let me know.the place i work may be able to give ya work.

S14Cuhh
07-20-2009, 01:36 PM
^JSPEEDM is the guy to have in your shop!

he's tha MASTAAH