PDA

View Full Version : Importing An R33

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Would i be able to drive it back over there border to get it here to register it?They are legally able to be registered in the states i've checked the DOT site but will they let me bring it back first.Has anybody imported one.For the price i can get this one another 10k would still be cheaper than ones already here

!Zar!
07-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Dream a dream, lover, take me in your dream
Take me anywhere you please, boy
You're making me scream
Dream a dream, lover, love is just a dream
If you wanna set me free, boy
You're making me scream

Ooh la la di la da da
You're making me scream
Ooh la la di la da da
You've gotta dream a little dream

Ho! One more time, I'm back with a new rhyme
Hey! Here we go again
Ha! Turn it up my friend
No! We don't stop
Ha! We rock the spot
No! We don't quit
Get ready, oh, this is it!

Do you like to dream?
Hey! I like to dream, baby
Do you like to dream?
Ho! I like to dream, mama
Do you like to scream?
Hey! I like to scream, baby
Do you like to scream?
Ho! So scream it out

You're making me scream
You're making me scream

Ooh la la di la da da
You're making me scream
Ooh la la di la da da

Uuh, party over here
Ha, bring it up from the rear
Uuh, party over there
Ha, hands in the air
No, we don't stop
Ha, we rock the spot
No, we don't quit
Get ready ya'll this is it

You're making me scream
You're making me scream

Ooh la la di la da da
You're making me scream
Ooh la la di la da da

You're making me scream
You're making me scream

Ooh la la di la da da

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Never heard that song but sure i wouldnt like it,lol.Are you having fun sir?

jdmdrft
ahahaha. ^ good shit.
to answer your question. I would suggest searching throught the 10000 other threads on legalizing these cars.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pBVmnBBQzA0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pBVmnBBQzA0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 03:01 PM
How do I start a business?

How do I import a really real skyline?

Too bad you never bothered to post a thread on how to insert a space between a period and the following sentence.

:duh:

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Ok this is a forum didnt know it was an english paper.If i wanted to be critiqued on my grammar in my posts i would ask my teachers thanks.Anyways,i've searched the threads on here but none answer my question.

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Yes, that's right. "It's just the internet"

However, since the only way you have to identify yourself is by what you type and how you type it, you're expected to to at least make an effort. Just keep making excuses though, those are much easier.

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 03:11 PM
So how does my internet typing identify me right now,lol?

sleep
07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
omg your lack of spaces after periods and commas is extremely annoying.

allturbotim
07-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Lol.......

StalinDrift123
07-11-2009, 03:37 PM
wow, u guys are more interested in making fun of each other, than giving answers to given questions. I hate the fact that ppl judge other ppl. Mind ur own fucking business!!! Worry about urselves and dont judge others otherwise others will judge u! fucking lame boring bastards! U have a question, if u can answer, that do so....but dont be a dick and start telling ppl how their writing is fucked up or the way of thinking. HOW about u take into concideration that we are not all born in this country, me for example, im from russia!!! what u gonna fucking clown on me??? u fucking idiots!!! so stop being fucking *SNIP* and help each other out! We are all Nissan fans, and tied together with our hobbies!!!

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry, who exactly are you talking to again?

I seem to be confused.

flip3d
07-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Short answer.

Don't waste your time unless you have tons and tons of $.

StalinDrift123
07-11-2009, 03:41 PM
im talking to ppl like u THATGUY. it seems like u have nothing more to life than to sit at the computer and talk about how ppl cant spell and shit. Are u a fucking teacher or english professor? no ur not, so stfu!!!

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh, you mean the people whose job it is to maintain some order around here? The people in charge of keeping things organized and running smoothly?

Just wondering if your attacking the staff of Zilvia.net, or if you're just upset and spewing ignorance.

S14DB
07-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Vehicle Importation Regulations (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPORT/)

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 03:47 PM
There is no way you found that on the Internet. This guy said he searched.

You must have that new "Magic Google" that gives you the secret answers.

StalinDrift123
07-11-2009, 03:51 PM
im really upset that there always has to be some kind of a "put down". i dont think u should be making fun of ppl, thats not ur job! and yea everything was running smoothly till YOU!!! starting to butt in, not with an answer to the guys question, but by judging how he typed it! did u understand what he wrote? than why correct it? "oh there is no spaces or cammas or whateve"r....who cares, thats all im saying. Dont judge other ppl!

ILoveMyRHS13
07-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Dude, it's ThatGuy, he owns the internet. I would just quit while you're behind, dude. You're lucky you're not pink already.

Helghast
07-11-2009, 03:56 PM
im really upset that there always has to be some kind of a "put down". i dont think u should be making fun of ppl, thats not ur job! and yea everything was running smoothly till YOU!!! starting to butt in, not with an answer to the guys question, but by judging how he typed it! did u understand what he wrote? than why correct it? "oh there is no spaces or cammas or whateve"r....who cares, thats all im saying. Dont judge other ppl!

Oh shut up.
Christ.

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 03:56 PM
This is not some new, never-before-discussed question.

Neither is attempting to start an internet business.

Both of which have PLENTY of information all over the internet for someone who is willing to look. The fact that he has only started two threads since he signed up, and both of them are questions of this nature raises a few flags. Especially for someone that works here. He is either A. a troll of some sort, or B. just plain lazy.

His typing style reinforces choice B.

Edit: I retract my comment about you being nice enough to change your tone. It IS my job to judge.

StalinDrift123
07-11-2009, 03:58 PM
he is not doing his job right, and i dont have to explain myself to u. i was talking to ThatGuy and if he throws me off Zilvia then he is more in the wrong because he knows he cant judge ppl, thats just not right! no one needs to be judged upon.

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Like i said i already have the dot website and all that.I was more asking the price if someone has done it and if they would let you drive a non registered car across the border.Thatguy yea your a dick I even know this already.And i will continue not put spaces after sentences because I choose to do so.Dont like it tough shit huh.

StalinDrift123
07-11-2009, 04:00 PM
anyways i dont need this today! have a nice day eveyone. sorry if I raised any negativity today on Zilvia.

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Tough shit?

No, not really. But if you chose not to utilize our website in the way we ask you to, you won't be allowed to utilize it any longer.

Oh, and YES Stalin, I am a teacher of sorts. Just not English or Grammar.

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Its funny i serve this country to protect people that cant answer one question. I will admit it i am being lazy right now,know why because i can be.I am not a troll there isnt enough time in the day for all that. If you dont have the answer stfu simple as that. Let me repeat this i have the website for the regulations i didnt ask that. If you read the post it says i have it already

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:04 PM
And yes thatguy tough shit.I didnt see any rule that said i have to have proper punctuation in my spelling.

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow, you defend our country? Good for you. You must be the ONLY one to ever do that, so you deserve special treatment.

You have been asked, by the staff, to change the way you post. It doesn't have to be engraved in stone in the Rules and Guidelines.

Helghast
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I think it's harder to NOT put a space after any punctuation, rather than actually putting one.

S14DB
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
You're lucky you're not pink already.
He was lucky ThatGuy missed the racial slur in the clusterfuck of a paragraph.

I didn't...

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I am not special in any way just like the rest of the people i work with and for. I find it hilarious that people like you find the time to worry about things of such little importance sir. So that means if you said jump off a bridge i would be implied to follow considering that is not engraved in a set of said rules sir. I didn't come here to argue i came here to ask questions that is what i do sir,is there a problem with that? For this post i guess i will put some spaces in there for you :),happy i hope you are. It was simply a question i wanted to know. There is a skyline in Texas for sell right now but i dont wanna buy anything that cant be registered and driven legally on the street.

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I think it's harder to NOT put a space after any punctuation, rather than actually putting one.

not really you should try it sometime,lol :wiggle:

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes, because telling you to jump off a bridge, and telling you to be more clear in your post is PRECISELY the same.

That was an amazing argument.

Wow, a Texas R33 for "sell". That's awesome. Good luck with that.

cIutchkick
07-11-2009, 04:14 PM
maybe he lacks thumbs? lol (even tho thats not funny)

Killa_D
Its funny i serve this country to protect people that cant answer one question. I will admit it i am being lazy right now,know why because i can be.I am not a troll there isnt enough time in the day for all that. If you dont have the answer stfu simple as that. Let me repeat this i have the website for the regulations i didnt ask that. If you read the post it says i have it already
You should know that zilvia is known for flaming/bashing anyone with a retarded ass questions. This same question has been asked i dono, 10000000000000000000000000000000000 times a day lol.. Usually the person who always asks about importing any car usually 99% of times wont ever do it. So i don't blame the guys for the flaming, shit i usually lol when i see someone ask the same retarded ass question (how do i get a bad ass jdm skyline) lol. So i know its not hard but do a search next time and you can avoid all the shit people will give you just for asking the most asked question in any import forum.

By the way not bashing :drama:

ILoveMyRHS13
He was lucky ThatGuy missed the racial slur in the clusterfuck of a paragraph.
Yeah, I was surprised, hahah.

S14DB
07-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Like i said i already have the dot website and all that.
Well fucking read it. It's all laid out there for you.

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Yes, because telling you to jump off a bridge, and telling you to be more clear in your post is PRECISELY the same.

That was an amazing argument.

Wow, a Texas R33 for "sell". That's awesome. Good luck with that.

I wasn't saying they were the same thing and you know it ;) i was just simply using your method and implying it to something else. But anyways yes there is a guy selling his 33 for 15k. I sent him a message on one of the local forums to see if its able to be registered considering it has temp tags in every picture

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Well fucking read it. It's all laid out there for you.

I didnt see a thing about driving a car over the border sir

ThatGuy
07-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Well then, Danny, read the information provided on the website to see what you need to do.

What border are you worried about?

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:20 PM
You should know that zilvia is known for flaming/bashing anyone with a retarded ass questions. This same question has been asked i dono, 10000000000000000000000000000000000 times a day lol.. Usually the person who always asks about importing any car usually 99% of times wont ever do it. So i don't blame the guys for the flaming, shit i usually lol when i see someone ask the same retarded ass question (how do i get a bad ass jdm skyline) lol. So i know its not hard but do a search next time and you can avoid all the shit people will give you just for asking the most asked question in any import forum.

By the way not bashing :drama:

I didn't know you were on this site killa d. Yea most people will never do it but i'm not most people,lol. You never pm'd back on H240 about doing the RB25 swap.

Killa_D
07-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I didn't know you were on this site killa d. Yea most people will never do it but i'm not most people,lol. You never pm'd back on H240 about doing the RB25 swap.
lol dude never got a pm, pm me again and yeah dude im a member everywhere lol on every forum lol..

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I've been on here a lil while but never really posted so i didn't know what to expect but i can see what you mean. I'm sure the same questions have been asked a billion times but that doesnt need to lead to bashing,flaming or any arguments.I used the search and i've checked the website i was simply asking had anybody done it. That is all,period.

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
lol dude never got a pm, pm me again and yeah dude im a member everywhere lol on every forum lol..

lol me too ha ha.i'm going to pm you on there right now since i'm on there too,lol

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Well then, Danny, read the information provided on the website to see what you need to do.

What border are you worried about?

The Canadian border coming from Vancouver into Washington

Taniguchi_Is_#1
07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
That is all,period.

That is all, period.

handinpants
07-11-2009, 06:11 PM
there is no way you found that on the internet. This guy said he searched.

You must have that new "magic google" that gives you the secret answers.

that guy, where have you been all weekend, i've been going through "thatguy" withdrawls. Yay glad to see your back

Phlip
07-11-2009, 06:13 PM
anyways i dont need this today! have a nice day eveyone. sorry if I raised any negativity today on Zilvia.

Yeah, you did...
Got yourself pinked, and then banned for starting a new name:
http://zilvia.net/f/members/Driftinurass1.html

Nice try, homie... You are now persona non grata in this neighborhood.

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Mods you can close this thread i found someone in this state that can do it for me

gunmetalr32
07-11-2009, 11:26 PM

By the way not bashing :drama:i never asked a question on skyline stuff i just looked everything up... its all there online .. your right this question is asked 1 million times a day... just do your research ... even i got one

jdmlovechild
07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
i never asked a question on skyline stuff i just looked everything up... its all there online .. your right this question is asked 1 million times a day... just do your research ... even i got one

You like most the people that posted here missed the point of the question. I asked about bringing it back across the border not legalizing it or anything of that sort. I have for the most part the info needed to legalize it i was wanting to know about crossing borders. I have found somebody that does this on the regular so he is going to help me.

gunmetalr32
07-12-2009, 12:04 AM
i googled it for you and people are saying they crush it if you try to bring it over ... i say cover it with a car cover and tow it back. maybe take some body panels off so it looks like a junk car (for parts) .... idk try it and let us know how it goes ... but 15K for a r33 thats already here, that doesn't sound like a bad price to me...

sleep
07-12-2009, 03:44 PM
wow, u guys are more interested in making fun of each other, than giving answers to given questions. I hate the fact that ppl judge other ppl. Mind ur own fucking business!!! Worry about urselves and dont judge others otherwise others will judge u! fucking lame boring bastards! U have a question, if u can answer, that do so....but dont be a dick and start telling ppl how their writing is fucked up or the way of thinking. HOW about u take into concideration that we are not all born in this country, me for example, im from russia!!! what u gonna fucking clown on me??? u fucking idiots!!! so stop being fucking *SNIP* and help each other out! We are all Nissan fans, and tied together with our hobbies!!!

I think you mean.... Consideration, i won't bother picking apart the rest of that text message you call a post.

http://thisaintnews.com/images/pics/1246400112-for_mmateri.jpg

olah.inc
07-13-2009, 02:10 AM
soon i`m gettin my r33, complete stock car
tax and registration in germany is a pain in the arse...

for example, if you buy a car from japan for 8k, till the car stands in your driveway you pay about 18 - 20k...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4140/2009031844.jpg

325irollin
07-13-2009, 02:27 AM
It says you are 22 and by the sound of it you are an idiot. This means you probably don't have enough money to afford to import a car. Unless of course your parents are rich, then you can have anything you want.

CAPoweredS14
07-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Why would anyone want to have an R33 as a daily or even street legal for that matter? If I got one I wouldn't waste anymore money than needed since it would only be for track use. Either way if I got one, I would do it by buying from someone that's already been through all the BS. And I've never read any importing laws, I was born with that knowledge.. Or as mature folk say, common sense.

P.S.. Buy my RB25 S14 and close your eyes while you drive and pretend it's an R33..

Sil-Abc
07-14-2009, 03:07 AM
YES ITS POSSIBLE! I have one in my garage as we speak! All i did was go to vancouver and drive it over to the states. I registered it in oregon and have oregon plates even though i live in sf. I have us papers for it! Its definately possible!!!!!!!!! (http://asdsdf)

dmragecm
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
If you want one bad enough, were smart enough and really have the money for it, you wouldn't be posting this question. You'd search the internet for the answer, its out there. I could search the internet and find a motorex car in less than 5 minutes. Did you really think you weren't going to get shit posting this on Zilvia.

!Zar!
07-14-2009, 02:14 PM
lolmotorexlol

dmragecm
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM
whats so funny about that lol

highwaystar22
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
you might want to google the motorex saga..... it too, has been covered in substantial detail here.

dmragecm
07-14-2009, 05:04 PM
dumbasses i know what happen to motorex. my 2 year old cousin knows what happens to motorex. but the motorex cars are in the states and legal. if he wanted to get one, he could get one of those.

JDMFLCL
07-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Actually they've released the NHTSA documents for how to make the R33's road legal

Its going to cost ALOT of money but this is what you do

1.) Get a Registered Importer's License
2.) Get a shop that can do the modifications to make it street compliant (these mods have been released fairly easy, a crossbar+padding and rebadging MPH)
3.) import car and don't deal with emissions hopefully
4.) realize that a STI or Evo or especially a swapped gc8 is faster and better and lighter in the first place and realized you wasted a shitload of money for a front heavy POS Grand tourer and most importantly UGLY car.
5.) /self

i mean seriously for a mid90's turbo AWD is this REALLY that ugly to you? it is miles easier and even has a 6 cylinder boer swap that unlike the unreliable rb26, can make 1000whp with just pistons and rods...Ask me how i know on swapped GC8 ownership ;)

http://liveimages.redbook.com.au/redbook/car/spec/SUBA0173.jpg

Sil-Abc
07-15-2009, 12:16 AM
dumbasses i know what happen to motorex. my 2 year old cousin knows what happens to motorex. but the motorex cars are in the states and legal. if he wanted to get one, he could get one of those.

if u kno about the whole situation then u would kno that not all the cars are legal at all. IF anything, maybe a handful are ACTUALLY DOT approved and the rest are either hiding, impounded, crushed, or somewhere.

zenki.life
07-15-2009, 12:29 AM
ugh. sooooo many fucking stupid threads this week.

3 240s stolen and a random occurrence of dumb threads....the apocalypse is upon us.

!Zar!
07-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Why do you all keep insist on importing this shit.

WHY?

yokotas13
07-15-2009, 03:37 AM
idiot
msglength

ronmcdon
07-15-2009, 04:54 AM
i mean seriously for a mid90's turbo AWD is this REALLY that ugly to you? it is miles easier and even has a 6 cylinder boer swap that unlike the unreliable rb26, can make 1000whp with just pistons and rods...Ask me how i know on swapped GC8 ownership ;)

http://liveimages.redbook.com.au/redbook/car/spec/SUBA0173.jpg

GC8's aren't exactly cheap either.
You figure a lower mileage 2.5RS (under 100k mi) go for around 10k.
EJ20 swap maybe for 3k.
That doesn't even include the cooling, electronics, & other hardware to make it run right.
You figure after all the suspension & brake work, a well built, swapped GC8 will end up costing close to 20k.

Might as well just get a used GD8 wrx or sti.

I agree with what you say about the R33 though.
imo, really can't think of any japanese cars that are worth bringing over to the US.
well, 'maybe' I can understand the appeal of a R32 & R34,
but I'd just rather opt out the hassle, get a new or used evo/wrx & call it a day.

Now if I lived in say England, Hong Kong, or some place where's it's relatively hassle free & cheap to import stuff, then sure.
In the US, it's not such a great value.

yokotas13
07-15-2009, 05:12 AM
id rather have a ford falcon than a gtr

JDMFLCL
07-15-2009, 08:04 AM
GC8's aren't exactly cheap either.
You figure a lower mileage 2.5RS (under 100k mi) go for around 10k.
EJ20 swap maybe for 3k.
That doesn't even include the cooling, electronics, & other hardware to make it run right.
You figure after all the suspension & brake work, a well built, swapped GC8 will end up costing close to 20k.

Might as well just get a used GD8 wrx or sti.

I agree with what you say about the R33 though.
imo, really can't think of any japanese cars that are worth bringing over to the US.
well, 'maybe' I can understand the appeal of a R32 & R34,
but I'd just rather opt out the hassle, get a new or used evo/wrx & call it a day.

Now if I lived in say England, Hong Kong, or some place where's it's relatively hassle free & cheap to import stuff, then sure.
In the US, it's not such a great value.

eh not really, my GC8 @ 300whp, full suspension ,repaint+new jdm exterior bodyparts,brembos AND a RS shell single owner with a JDM swap cost me 12.5k on the dot. And i basically bought it with the swap done and everything including it bone stock. And that is a pretty built up GC8, a barebones L with a WRX swap goes for 5.5-6k. RS's have crashed in value.