PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland 2010

jonnybonds84
07-09-2009, 09:53 AM
So, I couldn't find a thread on this. I've been wondering why nobody has ever decided to redo this movie but thank god it's Tim Burton making it. This shit is gona be CRRRRASY, check it out. Oh yeah my bad if it's a repost. Johnny Depp is the Mad Hatter and Anne Hathaway will probably show her boobs again.:w00t::w00t:

First Look: Tim Burton Takes Alice to Weird, Wild Wonderland | Underwire | Wired.com (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/06/first-look-tim-burton-takes-alice-to-weird-wild-wonderland/)

ThatGuy
07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
You will not discuss illegal substances on Zilvia.net.

Thread Title changed.

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Nice. can't wait. I hope it's the sick and twisted version. AIW is cooler when you know all the underlaying stories, like Alice was really a 9 year old girl who the author had an infatuation with and possibly raped. The mad hatter was from the old coal workers hats had iron in it and made them insane and all the "cakes" were opiates. When I found out about these as a kid it really blew my mind man.

LeftNutOfGowd
07-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I dont think she will be showing anything its a kids movie lol but i still cant wait

ThatGuy
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I dont think she will be showing anything its a kids movie lol but i still cant wait

Yeah, it's a Disney Movie.

Nudity is only from disgruntled animators, not from scripts.

exitspeed
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Does his left eye look crooked? Is it supposed to be?
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2009/06/madhatter_1700-670x1053.jpg

Either way the concept art for this makes me really excited for the film.

jonnybonds84
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Nice. can't wait. I hope it's the sick and twisted version. AIW is cooler when you know all the underlaying stories, like Alice was really a 9 year old girl who the author had an infatuation with and possibly raped. The mad hatter was from the old coal workers hats had iron in it and made them insane and all the "cakes" were opiates. When I found out about these as a kid it really blew my mind man.

Damn, gonna have to research those stories. My son does like bedtime stories.

s13.dark1
07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
the perfict man 4 the job!! go timmy

Daniel.
07-09-2009, 10:25 AM
That concept art is superb.

This makes me all tingly and excited.

cserrano86
07-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I really like Helena Bonham Carter... but she's just not doing it for me in this...

Harry Potter next week... Jeeeeah!!

blueshark123
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
this actually looks good i cant wait

0wn3r
07-09-2009, 12:08 PM
yeah i can't wait for this. if you youtube Alice in Wonderland, check out one of the top videos that has like Remix in it. Cool stuff.

ronmcdon
07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Undecided about this one.

I don't care for Tim Burton's style in general (Batman, Edward Scissor-hands etc).
Elements of his direction (intentional over-acting, flamboyant visuals, cartoonish camera movements) are a too dramatic to be taken even semi-seriously.
I get the impression they're films custom tailored for 6 yr olds w/ low attention spans and no appreciation for subtlety.
It either works for you (in a serious or comedic way), or it simply doesn't.

Guillermo Del Toro would have been my first choice, but it could have been much worse too.
In any case, I hope & pray Burton will do a good job here.
I always wanted to see a well made X-rated 'Alice' for adults with a darker/horror-like world w/ more adult themes, more along the lines of 'Pan's Labyrinthe')
I guess this is close enough.

Hopefully 'Winnie The Pooh' will be next to the treatment it deserves.

Matej
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
What demographic is this marketed to?
Do kids want to watch this?
Do adults want to watch this?
This seems like one of those movies that's 'really zany and authentic' and if I do not like it, it's because I 'just don't get it.'

ronmcdon
07-09-2009, 12:38 PM
It's going to appeal to a large demographic for sure,
but it probably has more to do with whether or not Burton's style of film-making appeals to you.
TBH - I enjoy his art direction, even though I'm not a fan of his films overall.

It's not unfathomable that anything as stylized as his work is going to get mixed opinions.
More like a 'love it, or hate it' affair.

There's little 'not to get' (unless you see some highly secretive cryptic messages somewhere).
Burton's films are VERY straightforward.

SimpleS14
07-09-2009, 03:13 PM

It's suppose to be...it's the Mad Hatter. I think Johnny Depp is perfect for that role.

I will probably check this out.

exitspeed
07-09-2009, 03:50 PM
It's suppose to be...it's the Mad Hatter. I think Johnny Depp is perfect for that role.

I will probably check this out.

I've never seen the movie so I wasn't sure. Fuckin eye is trippin me out though.

jonnybonds84
07-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Go watch it, it's animated but quite interesting.

DALAZ_68
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
timmy sounds like a great choice for this movie...

johnny for mad hatter = win

who will be the queen- Kristie alley ?

ohhh to soon?

Dirty Habit
07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2009/06/madhatter_1700-670x1053.jpg

Either way the concept art for this makes me really excited for the film.

Holy shit! Madonna signed on for this film?!

Like the doormouse said: Feed your Head.

PRADOgy
07-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Im going to scramble my receptors and view this movie front row

SochBAT
07-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Undecided about this one.

I don't care for Tim Burton's style in general (Batman, Edward Scissor-hands etc).
Elements of his direction (intentional over-acting, flamboyant visuals, cartoonish camera movements) are a too dramatic to be taken even semi-seriously.
I get the impression they're films custom tailored for 6 yr olds w/ low attention spans and no appreciation for subtlety.
It either works for you (in a serious or comedic way), or it simply doesn't.

Guillermo Del Toro would have been my first choice, but it could have been much worse too.
In any case, I hope & pray Burton will do a good job here.
I always wanted to see a well made X-rated 'Alice' for adults with a darker/horror-like world w/ more adult themes, more along the lines of 'Pan's Labyrinthe')
I guess this is close enough.

Hopefully 'Winnie The Pooh' will be next to the treatment it deserves.

QFT.

The only Burton film I liked was Batman.

Everything else is shit.

Bubbles
07-09-2009, 08:05 PM
AIW is cooler when you know all the underlaying stories, like Alice was really a 9 year old girl who the author had an infatuation with and possibly raped.

If you ever post in the Michael Jackson thread again, I'm coming through the screen and hitting you with my ignorance beaters.

kingkilburn
07-09-2009, 11:57 PM
The mad hatter was from the old coal workers hats had iron in it and made them insane.

That is so far from the truth.
Why would iron make you insane? Your blood is made of the stuff unless you are actually a horse shoe crab.

The saying "Mad as a hater" is from the mercury used in the felting process of hat making in the Georgian and Victorian period of England.

"Mad as a hatter"

Although the name 'Mad Hatter' was undoubtedly inspired by the phrase "as mad as a hatter," there is some uncertainty as to the origins of this phrase. As mercury was used in the process of curing felt used in some hats, it was impossible for hatters to avoid inhaling the mercury fumes given off during the hat making process. Hatters and mill workers often suffered mercury poisoning as residual mercury vapor caused neurological damage including confused speech and distorted vision. It was not unusual then for hatters to appear disturbed or mentally confused, many died early as a result of mercury poisoning. However, the Mad Hatter does not exhibit the symptoms of mercury poisoning. Principal symptoms of mercury poisoning are "excessive timidity, diffidence, increasing shyness, loss of self-confidence, anxiety, and a desire to remain unobserved and unobtrusive.

Fries
07-10-2009, 12:33 AM
I like this. Seems pretty cool. Kind of the version you think of when you watch the animated movie.

exitspeed
07-22-2009, 12:26 PM
First trailer for the film!

IGN Video: Alice in Wonderland Movie Trailer - Teaser Trailer (http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14219277/alice-in-wonderland/videos/alice_wondr_tease1_072209.html)

TheWolf
07-22-2009, 12:33 PM
This is the only alice I'm interested in a remake of..

http://threetreesstudios.com/andscifi/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sarah-michelle-gellar-alice-movie-video-game-artwork-gq-456db.jpg

what a giant trip fest...

murda-c
07-22-2009, 12:48 PM
great, i get to go back to my childhood Cheshire cat nightmares.

BustedS13
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
wasn't there supposed to be an American Mcgee's Alice movie? what happened to that? :(

Brian
07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
great, i get to go back to my childhood Cheshire cat nightmares.

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19383.jpg
faaaaaaaaaaaabulous.

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-22-2009, 01:12 PM
That is so far from the truth.
Why would iron make you insane? Your blood is made of the stuff unless you are actually a horse shoe crab.

The saying "Mad as a hater" is from the mercury used in the felting process of hat making in the Georgian and Victorian period of England.
there ya go. Mercury, not iron. by bizad

If you ever post in the Michael Jackson thread again, I'm coming through the screen and hitting you with my ignorance beaters.
this goes into the most useless post folder for the year. And if you honestly believe that I'm ignorant because I truthfully believe that the guy touched some kids then you're sad. Maybe you should turn the ignorance beater to yourself. So next time stay on topic.

Bubbles
07-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Are you that dense?

I'll feed you baby bird.

You're the person who was bitching in the MJ thread saying his music didn't matter because of his alleged kid touching.

However, AIW is actually COOLER because of the possible rape.

You don't see any correlation, you're a hypocrite, and you belittled Jackson's music.

Seriously, ban this guy.

zenki.life
07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Are you that dense?

I'll feed you baby bird.

You're the person who was bitching in the MJ thread saying his music didn't matter because of his alleged kid touching.

However, AIW is actually COOLER because of the possible rape.

You don't see any correlation, you're a hypocrite, and you belittled Jackson's music.

Seriously, ban this guy.

possible rape in AIW. what am i missing? explain plz

soreballz
07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
This is the only alice I'm interested in a remake of..

http://threetreesstudios.com/andscifi/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sarah-michelle-gellar-alice-movie-video-game-artwork-gq-456db.jpg

what a giant trip fest...
SRSLY!!

wasn't there supposed to be an American Mcgee's Alice movie? what happened to that? :(
Yeah, its been bounced around through several studies. It was supposed to be released last year, but it keeps getting delayed.

jonnybonds84
07-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Where is that pic from, I've never heard of that "version" before.

BustedS13
07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
SRSLY!!

Yeah, its been bounced around through several studies. It was supposed to be released last year, but it keeps getting delayed.

so it's going to suck :(

soreballz
07-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Where is that pic from, I've never heard of that "version" before.
Its artwork from the PC game "American McGee's Alice".

so it's going to suck :(
Boy I hope not.

Antihero983
07-25-2009, 10:53 AM
I cannot wait for this movie!

im a huge tim burton fan, and I think he'll do a great job.

although, it'd be cooler in claymation lol

anthony240
07-25-2009, 02:43 PM
possible rape in AIW. what am i missing? explain plz

AIW is cooler when you know all the underlaying stories, like Alice was really a 9 year old girl who the author had an infatuation with and possibly raped.

and

Michael Jackson loved little boys more than Catholic priests. RIP

So according to "Mi Beardo es Loco" pedofilia is cool as long as it involves girls, not boys........ dense is an understatement

But to stay on topic, this is supposed to be a sequel where Alice returns to Wonderland?

SlideWell
07-26-2009, 03:32 AM
i dont doubt any movie with depp. i only hope this will be a more adult version of the old disney classic.

TheWolf
07-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Its artwork from the PC game "American McGee's Alice".

That was one of the best trippiest PC games of it's time.. you didn't actually have weapons.. cept the butchers knife pictures.. more like demonic toys... croquet mallet.. dice.. jacks.. cards (gambit style).. etc..

The queen has gone mad and has ordered alice to be killed.. you fight everything from the caterpillar to the mad hatter to eventually the queen. Characters were fantastic..

it's worth going back for a replay but vista compatibility is edgy..

jonnybonds84
07-26-2009, 07:21 PM
MIght have to play it, I like the idea of fighting the Mad Hatter.

Bubbles
07-27-2009, 11:51 AM
dense is an understatement

I thought I was the only one who saw that.

Congratulations sir, welcome to the common sense club.

I just wish it was more common.