PDA

View Full Version : Passport

Sl3KA
07-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Anyone have experience with their less than 14 days appointment crap? I have to go to the LA hub at 730am cause I need my passport within 5 days... just wondering if I will receive my passport same day like I've been seeing on Google? I hope so... I was supposed to get this 3 months ago but had been busy with school :-/ Thanks in advance for any inputs...

and if anyone plans on being a dirty douche :mephfawk:cause there's a grip of you.:fruit:

Where's the guy with the Asian chick with her passport as his avatar when I need him LOL!

Oh I'm going to Costco for my photo cause I don't have time to shoot my own... I don't have a backdrop and I already have a crap load to do like pack and finish painting my car haha

I know there's a thread about the photos... (refer to above) ... yes about the douche.

Sil-Abc
07-09-2009, 07:12 AM
u can get ur photo done anywhere (costco, walgreens, longs). 5 days is really really short and u might be cutting it since it takes time for them to process and everything. Best way to do it from what ive learned is go in tell them ur situation and show documentation of your departure. Prove to them that ur leaving in 5 days and u need it desperately. If there is no way u can change ur flight or make it seem like its very important they will rush it for u but generally it takes a few days. I think i rushed mine and got it back within a week i believe (this was in SF). Iuno if that helps but i suggest bring all ur paperwork, documentation (old passport, plane tickets, itinerary, letters, whatever to show them the urgency), and a checkbook/cash/card. Good luck

Also the guy with the chick with the passport in his avatar is driftfreaq aka dave.

slider2828
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
You can overnight it. Expedite rush I think... cause you around 250 though... Just go and ask, they have these things....

Sl3KA
07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
LOL Thanks... I'm actually on military orders but my command is anal about it I can actually travel just with my military id and orders but they're so stupid they want me to email them my front page... which I don't feel safe doing either... fucking assholes.

BustedS13
07-09-2009, 03:15 PM
this thread is now about Radar Detectors.

i'm thinking about buying a Valentine One. is the new Passport better? or can i cheap out and get an older x50?

Sl3KA
07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes sir,

Radar detectors it is... the only one I actually considered getting was the Valentine One... any inputs would be great...

99maxgtr
07-09-2009, 05:55 PM
i had the valentine one until it got stolen from my car :(
it was good and it points out wherever the pigs are hiding with a gun.

bigOdom1
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
valentine 1 FTW all other radar detectors are noise boxes with blinking lights

BustedS13
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
fair enough. when the 240 emerges from the ashes, like a shitty old phoenix, it will get a V1.
successful threadjack

Sl3KA
07-10-2009, 04:20 AM
V1 it is! FTP. and I took my pic at Costco $5 for 2 pictures... now to get up in like 2-2.5 hours to get my passport done and hook up with driftfreaq's avatar girl.

SimpleS14
07-10-2009, 07:24 AM
I think that girl in his avatar is actually his girl....

Anyways, too bad you're not over here close to D.C. There is an office in D.C. you can go to and get your passport the same day with exceptions like this. Is there a passport office in SoCal ? For some reason, I doubt there is.

In the future, don't slack on this..you will have to eventually renew it. I applied for mine at the post office and got it in two weeks (10 business days).

slider2828
07-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I don't think she lives here? Still back in Okinawa?

kingkilburn
07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
LOL Thanks... I'm actually on military orders but my command is anal about it I can actually travel just with my military id and orders but they're so stupid they want me to email them my front page... which I don't feel safe doing either... fucking assholes.

Dude your active duty id IS a valid passport. Why waste your money to get another. You don't need your orders usually either.

Sl3KA
07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I've always used my Military ID reason why I don't have a passport, when I flew into Singapore I was asked for my orders... my new chain of command is being a douche "in case of an emergency" blah blah blah I just wasted an extra 80$ or what not in fees and have to go back down to LA on Monday LOL... so for future reference... call their toll free number... make an appointment show up on time... there will be a line :/ I was pissed after not sleeping all night but I was out of there in an hour. Anyways bring all your shit pay them... if you need the passport same day they'll give it to you if not you'll probably have to come back... I'm leaving the 14th and I have to go back on the 13th for it... Time to catch some zZzZz thanks for the input and hope this may help someone in the future! Good day!

kingkilburn
07-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I would be sending my bill to the post commander.

Sl3KA
07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Well they have no fee passport for government employees which have to to be surrendered upon discharge... but you have to go through your employer and I'm on leave... Also I have no idea where I'm going I'm leaving to Hawaii on the 14 and who knows where after I get there... If it's not Africa I'll be Happy :)

kingkilburn
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Maybe you'll get lucky and end up at Schofield Barracks.