PDA

View Full Version : Auto to 5 speed conversion

honda66
07-06-2009, 11:24 AM
quick question, i have a 98 240 and i'm looking to convert it over to 5sp. the question is can i use all the petals and lines off of a s13? It might be a stupid question but i'm slacking when it comes to nissans haha

thanks for the help!

Donny1298
07-07-2009, 12:19 AM
according to what i know, everything will work except the driveshaft and ecu..and for the clutch pedal you'll need more washers to line it up correctly to fit...But am sure if you searched you'll find your answer..

drift freaq
07-07-2009, 12:44 AM
according to what i know, everything will work except the driveshaft and ecu..and for the clutch pedal you'll need more washers to line it up correctly to fit...But am sure if you searched you'll find your answer..

This is not quite true. though the pedals will bolt in they will hang different in relation to where the proper s14 pedals would hang.

The things that are basically the same are engine to trans bolts, engine backing plate, clutch, throwout bearing and pilot bearing, flywheel, slave cylinder and master clyinder, the line running between you can use a s13 but the bends are a bit different and it won't look factory.

The trans crossmembers are the same. the lower shift boot with clamp ring is the same as well. transmissions are the same but the S14 trans has a flywheel sensor on the top for OBDII.

The rest of the parts are specific for the chassis. like upper shift boots, trans wiring, speed sensors, driveshaft, ecu.