PDA

View Full Version : Photography: What lenses to take on vacation?

i8yourfwd
07-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Sooo I'm heading to Disneyland next week, and I'm not quite sure what lenses to take. I know we have some photographers browsing the forums, so I'd figure I'd ask here.

I have the following lenses to bring:
18-55 kit lens
55-200 f4-5.6
35mm f1.8

I'm debating on just bringing the prime lens+sb-600 flash unit and calling it a day. But I don wanna be there wishing I had a lens with me. Of course the downside of bringing everything would be having to lug it around ALL DAY. Which is not fun either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Matej
07-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Vacation photos are more about capturing memories than the actual quality of the photograhs. But it sounds like you already know what you are doing, so no matter what lens you bring I am sure you will take great shots.
First and foremost, focus on enjoying your vacation. :)

kevmeistah21
07-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Vacation photos are more about capturing memories than the actual quality of the photograhs. But it sounds like you already know what you are doing, so no matter what lens you bring I am sure you will take great shots.
First and foremost, focus on enjoying your vacation. :)

he hit the spot

balmo
07-06-2009, 10:08 AM
ditch the 55-200 on a vication trip with the family. if it was me, id ditch the 35 as well. and bring the hotshoe flash instead

i8yourfwd
07-06-2009, 11:30 AM
ditch the 55-200 on a vication trip with the family. if it was me, id ditch the 35 as well. and bring the hotshoe flash instead
So just the 18-55 and the flash unit? Hmm, Thinking of that. I'd probably bring the 35mm for night shots that I won't use flash with.

Daniel.
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Are you kidding. Bring them allllllll.

Seriously. If you don't mind carrying them around I'd definitely lug it all around with me.

This is only if you really care about the photography. If you just care about having a good time and making memories. 18-55+flash is good enough.

i8yourfwd
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Are you kidding. Bring them allllllll.

Seriously. If you don't mind carrying them around I'd definitely lug it all around with me.

This is only if you really care about the photography. If you just care about having a good time and making memories. 18-55+flash is good enough.
Eff it.. I might as well bring them all....

The fat Nikon bag looks kinda cheesy though, so I'm probably just going to stuff it in a normal backback.. lol