PDA

View Full Version : why steal my $50,00 AIWA CD player?

Pedrinho85
04-13-2003, 04:47 PM
what are the motives? what drives a person to have the trouble and danger of getting caught, to open my car, carefully, not to damage anything (no damage at ALL), and steal my 1 year old AIWA cd player which i payed $75.00 for, and you can still buy it today for $49,50 online!? anybody have any clue?

yes, my stereo got stolen today while I was at work. $49.50 worth stereo! why? im not mad... im curious!

Later

uiuc240
04-13-2003, 05:05 PM
because punks are punks and thieves generally have no idea the value of the stereo before they steal it. i bet when he finds out it's only worth $50, he's gonna be ****ed. so then he'll probably steal more. dumb thieves.

Eric

blog
04-13-2003, 05:11 PM
:( wow, after i read that my head hurts and im now utterly confused.:( to try to respond to your question, human nature is a bitch. some people are good and some are bad.

Potatoskins02
04-13-2003, 05:14 PM
one of my friends s13 got broken into at work the other day as well... and to tell you how dumb thieves can be sometimes they attempted to take the whole cd player but ended up just stealing her face plate, linkin park CD, and some change.

crioten
04-13-2003, 05:30 PM
ok, why would you bother with the change? maybe they needed a snickers b/c they overworked their brain and got famished?

KiDyNomiTe
04-13-2003, 05:57 PM
same reason they stole my brother $300 aiwa cd player, cuz its free, and they are dickheads.

logo20
04-13-2003, 08:53 PM
I kinda afraid that they try to steal my $180 pioneer cd player(mostly because of the damage they'd make). My friend got robbed a few days ago, they broke the window to get in, then they took the cd's and only the face of the cd player because the couldn't get the cd player out(I guess my friend put extra bolts on it and the thieves didn't have the tools to get it out). this was a $50 cd player too. I don't get it.

russian
04-13-2003, 08:58 PM
that thief gotta be bad ass motha****a since he didnt break nothin :) your lucky in a way dude. :)

sanmiam
04-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Yeah, one of my buddies has a pair of subs chillin the back of his expedition, and a couple of dickheads must have seen it, broke not one, but two windows to get into the car, and ganked the subs, amp, head unit, and a TON of CDs. all in all about 1200 worth of damage/stolen stuff. I hope people like that die in a freak outhouse accident, I would imagine drowning in a tipped over outhouse would the be the worst way to go.

s13chica
04-14-2003, 02:54 AM
That's lame...sorry to hear your car got broken into...but like everyone else said, people are just idiots sometimes. If you look on the good side though...it was just 50 bucks...it could have been much worse. I don't know why someone would go through all the trouble...but people always want what they can't have...so maybe that was the motive.

M.Piedlourde
04-14-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Pedrinho85
what are the motives? what drives a person to have the trouble and danger of getting caught, to open my car, carefully, not to damage anything (no damage at ALL), and steal my 1 year old AIWA cd player which i payed $75.00 for, and you can still buy it today for $49,50 online!? anybody have any clue?

yes, my stereo got stolen today while I was at work. $49.50 worth stereo! why? im not mad... im curious!

Later

It seriously sucks, I sympathize. I've had my cars broken into on 3 different occasions, 2 of those times a side window was smashed. I've always found the broken window to be more irritating than my missing items, because it's such a PITA to clean out all the glass and go and have the window replaced. At least you got lucky and you got to skip that part.

If it makes you feel any better, your thief probably got all of $10 for your stereo at the local pawn shop.