PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back, Camppain!

mrmephistopheles
04-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Congratulations on becoming a US Marine. Was boot camp as hard as you expected it to be? What MOS school will you be attending & for how long? Also, what rank are you? Pvt? PFC? LCpl?

-Kevin
(AKA Cpl Pratt)

fodive
04-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Congrats man!

-E-
04-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Welcome Back :)

KiDyNomiTe
04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
How long are you here for, or are you going back?

camppain
04-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Heh, your right I didn't notice this topic and I didn't even notice the provate message cause it seems like you still don't get pop up boxes when you recieve them.

Boot camp was hard at times not like I thought, but if yoour mentally prepared you'll be fine. I came out meritoriously promoted to Pfc for graduating as ssquad leader. Everyone wanted me to be the guide cause I was pure moto and lighting fire and takin names, but we were to close to final drill for me to learn all the drill moves. But ay its still gravy.

I'm back on boot leave for 10 days and 14 days of recruiters assistance. Then to MCT at Camp Pendelton and then to Pensacola Fl. for Aviation mechanic for 1 year of MOS schooling.

The best feeling wasn't getting the eagle globe and anchor it was when you reached the top of the "reaper". That was the best feeling.

Again thanks Mr Meph., and eberywung else!

nrcooled
04-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Boot camp is truely the longest shortest three months of your life. Welcome back and congrats on the Meritorious Promotion. Hopefully there will be more of those in your career (Watch out for WMs on the boards though) Anywho congrats and welcome to the biggest Fraternity on earth.

Ooh Rah,
Cpl Cowart
Headquarters Marine Corps Washington DC

DSC
04-15-2003, 12:34 AM
:D grats man. I'm glad you do it, cauz I sure couldn't.
It's nice to see you back!

Jsquared
04-15-2003, 04:01 PM
Congrats!

i know some Marines and i'm seriously considering going USMC-R. congratulations on getting Pfc!

camppain
04-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Jsquared
Congrats!

i know some Marines and i'm seriously considering going USMC-R. congratulations on getting Pfc!

Ohh man if you go reserves your DI's will hate you. hey can't stand reservists. Whatever you choose its the best branch to go to IMHO no matter what ca18guy thinks :p.

mrmephistopheles
04-15-2003, 07:17 PM
BTW, Lourans, meritorious promotions are the easiest way to get paid more. Order up some MCIs right now, and the day you become a LCpl, submit them & order more. Do a 2nd set & mail them in, or go ahead and order your 8000 series (Sgts course) and sumbit them when you become Cpl.
Keep your PFT high, and shoot well when you go to the range, and you'll be promoted in no time.
If you get the chance to stand a meritorious promotion board, take it!

-Kevin

mrmephistopheles
04-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Also, if you ever want any advice or tips or whatever, just drop me an email or get with me on AIM.

whateverjames
04-16-2003, 07:22 PM
good job man. glad to hear you're doing good. http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/icons/icon14.gif

gohan_senshi
04-16-2003, 07:50 PM
I would have to disagree with you about the "Reaper." I was honored when the DI gave me the Eagle Globe and Anchor. I think that was due to the fact or what he said to me and because my family was there. You'll have fun in FL. Welcome to the Marines.

LCpl Rice

ca18guy
04-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by camppain
Ohh man if you go reserves your DI's will hate you. hey can't stand reservists. Whatever you choose its the best branch to go to IMHO no matter what ca18guy thinks :p.

You had to drag me into this thread :mad: :D You'll learn though :o Seriously, congrats, I would have probably broke in 2 pieces if I joined the Marines.