PDA

View Full Version : egr/KA24DE

93nismo
07-03-2009, 07:13 PM
i picked up a header and when i went to put it on i couldn't get the egr pipe off. i don't want to cut/remove it if i don't have to because i don't want it throwing codes at me. i cant seem to find the right size wrench and an adjustable 1 is rounding the edges. any ideas?

i serched around on here and everything i found just said to cut it and plug the hole. but it also said it made it run richer, and id like to avoid that.

-mikey

surreybc
07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
i picked up a header and when i went to put it on i couldn't get the egr pipe off. i don't want to cut/remove it if i don't have to because i don't want it throwing codes at me. i cant seem to find the right size wrench and an adjustable 1 is rounding the edges. any ideas?

i serched around on here and everything i found just said to cut it and plug the hole. but it also said it made it run richer, and id like to avoid that.

-mikey

heat it with propane torch using mapp gas. try a pipe wrench. you might have to take exhaust manifold bolts off to move exhaust to get pipe wrench in. heating it breaks the rust bond.

i dont think it will run richer with egr plugged.

93nismo
07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
i thought about that after i posted it. i tried soaking it in pb blaster. but it was no help. ill try to heat it when i get some down time.

thanks surry:)