PDA

View Full Version : man im so pissed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

battlescar
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
got back from hong kong, bought a set of kei office coilovers and a set of corner lights from the junk yard over there, i put 3 struts in one bag and 1 in one bag, i checked them at the airport. and when i got home i noticed the one strut thats alone is gone but all the wraping is still in, and both bags have a piece of TSA paper in it saying that my bags was searched.
so i called them from the toll free number on the paper and all they said was car parts are not allowed to carry across borders, but they didnt know why they didnt take the 3 struts also, i asked them if i can pay a fine to get the one strut back and they said no.
my bags were searched at the luggage claim in front of me and i told them there are car parts in them and they looked at them and didnt say anything about them at all. there are no notices saying that they took my stuff outta my luggage just that lil piece of paper saying my bags were searched. so right now im pissed and confused. it makes me feel like the gov can do whatever they fuck they want and we cant do jack shit about it.
oh and who wanna buy 3 coilvers? one kei office in front and 2 jics in back. or where can i find one front kei office coilover?

Koopa Troopa
07-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Hmm? That's horseshit. They should have told you that when they scanned them. They're at fault for not saying you had prohibited items in your bags when they x-rayed them. You need to talk to a higher up or write a congressman or something. They stole your belongings.

battlescar
07-01-2009, 08:01 AM
well even if i call them again all they need to say is car parts are not allow, what else can i say after that? that they shoulda take the 3 struts also?

sub9lulu
07-01-2009, 09:57 AM
i still could not find where in here u can or cannot bring car parts onboard

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

http://www.airsafe.com/issues/security/tsalist.pdf

blueshark123
07-01-2009, 10:00 AM
i think thats bullshit why wouldnt car parts be allowed. Im guessing as long as its not for resale their shouldnt be any problems

battlescar
07-01-2009, 10:17 AM
yea im just confused over this bs, i got 3 knifes in my bag and they didnt take but took my coilover, and yea on the site they didnt say anything about car parts at all. what i dont understand is that the people who searched my bags in front of me at the baggage claim didnt say anything about the 3 coilovers that they looked at. it just makes me wonder if car parts are really not allowed or not. and whats the best way to bitch?

lainardisboss
07-01-2009, 12:19 PM
i think they just took it for personal use. MAYBE. might be being dicks because my friend had put kei office coilovers from japan and they let him bring it all the way in 2 bags.. so maybe just maybe they fucked u over. good luck tho

Koopa Troopa
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Seriously, you might want to contact someone higher up in the food chain at TSA next time instead of listening to what Clara at the front desk tells you.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
yup after some complaining they should reinverse u..especially if rules were not mentioned

airsoft
07-01-2009, 10:15 PM
^^ My brother is a contractor and constantly checks in tool bags on airlines.

Lets just say they take pieces here and there, tools scattered in hsi bag etc. You don't notice what is missing until you reorganize your crap.

it sucks.... but there is nearly nothing you can do about it.

Matej
07-01-2009, 10:18 PM
TSA is doing such a horrible job. If they keep operating as they are, they are just another waste of taxpayer money.

Whenever I am at an airport, I like to amuse myself by thinking up ways of sneaking things past them, and how easy it would be, if a person was serious about it.

All they do is make the airport experience unpleasant for regular people who are trying to get from point A to point B.

nisco
07-06-2009, 12:13 AM
same shit happened to me when I was bringing my KTSs back from japan...

svensko
07-06-2009, 05:45 AM
[quote=I LUV MY S13;2892641they should reinverse u[/quote]

Sounds painful. :hs:

imotion s14
07-06-2009, 07:36 AM
TSA is doing such a horrible job. If they keep operating as they are, they are just another waste of taxpayer money.

Whenever I am at an airport, I like to amuse myself by thinking up ways of sneaking things past them, and how easy it would be, if a person was serious about it.

All they do is make the airport experience unpleasant for regular people who are trying to get from point A to point B.

Security theater.

Anyone remember the days when you use to be able to a company a friend to their gate before this bullshit? Now I dread going to the airport even when I'm not flying.

BDMs14
07-06-2009, 11:24 PM
I work for the airlines and I watch some of these guys help themselves to whatever they want out of ppls luggage on a daily basis. They indeed are a complete waste of taxpayer funds. As far as airport security is concerned, we are just "sitting ducks"! The sad part is, nothing can really be done.They (TSA,Homeland security inspectors and TSOs) have the final say.

ronmcdon
07-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Seriously, you might want to contact someone higher up in the food chain at TSA next time instead of listening to what Clara at the front desk tells you.

That really is just about the only thing you can do.
Don't forget to write down the full name of the unhelpful rep you spoke to as well.

touge monster
07-06-2009, 11:31 PM
I work for the airlines and I watch some of these guys help themselves to whatever they want out of ppls luggage on a daily basis. They indeed are a complete waste of taxpayer funds. As far as airport security is concerned, we are just "sitting ducks"! The sad part is, nothing can really be done.They (TSA,Homeland security inspectors and TSOs) have the final say.

Sounds too good to be true... can they really do that? What a waste....

BDMs14
07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Sounds too good to be true... can they really do that? What a waste....
You better believe it! Not all TSA workers are crooked, though. Most are honest, hardworking ppl just like the rest of us. They just lack proper management and get their trainning from a "text book". To give you an example, Homeland Security Inspectors use entrapment tactics against airport workers (like myself). They might piggy back behind me when I'm accessing a secured door or room in the airport but they wont piggy back behind TSA/TSO workers. There screening area is offlimits to airport workers, there suppervisors are not always around that area. Airport security cameras are not always in those areas either so pretty much is like letting some kids loose in a candy store all to themselves.