PDA

View Full Version : NE1 Know a Good Body Shop in NJ?!

240SX21
04-12-2003, 12:30 PM
hey guys. do any of you know a good affordable body shop in NJ? i just put my kit on recently and really want to get it molded. ive only went to one shop so far and they told me that they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't crack after they molded it. its a fiberglass kit, which im told by some people will always crack if molded. is this neccessarily true? do i have any other options other than getting it molded to make it look good? the kits on alright, but the front bumper and skirts arent perfectly flush, so i would really like to get it molded. any help is appreciated, thanks!

four
04-12-2003, 01:32 PM
In Bound Brook, NJ there's a shop there called finishline. He's pretty reasonable considering other shops charged me 350-500 to put my trust front lip and re-paint my front bumper. he;s only charging $300.

His number is 732-598-6804 ask for joe. Told him Noel the guy with the green 240sx sent ya. He's open today if you want to call him now.

four
04-12-2003, 01:39 PM
as far as your molding questions,

i wouldnt mold fiberglass. i had a blitz kit molded on my eclipse and it cracked the front bumper. Just leave it as it is.

240SX21
04-13-2003, 09:44 PM
but if i leave it as it is, it wont look right. i have a few gaps on my front bumper, and i have the bomex side skirts which come up onto the rear fenders, so that definetly needs to be molded to look right. isnt there anything else i could do?

four
04-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 240SX21
but if i leave it as it is, it wont look right. i have a few gaps on my front bumper, and i have the bomex side skirts which come up onto the rear fenders, so that definetly needs to be molded to look right. isnt there anything else i could do?

why dont you give him a call. he'll tell you what he thinks, and you go on from there. He works pretty fast too, but still does a quality job. Go call em!