PDA

View Full Version : lean, not enough fuel?

turbo101
06-30-2009, 03:15 PM
my redtop sr20det isnt getting enough fuel or something, i have Searched plenty!
ok so i just put in some 550cc injectors, sent my ecu to scott, (enthalpy).
he tuned it for my z32 maf, 550 injectors, gt2871r. thats basically it. i plugged it in right when i got it, and right away it runs like crap. the weird thing is it sounds like a subaru motor. like an sti. you know the distinctive sound they make, that sr's dont.
i dont know whats going on. i thought it was missing so i checked and replaced all the spark plugs, nothing changed.
when it idles it jumps up and down the will settle at like 400-500 rpm.
when i drove the car it was really hesitant, and when i got into some boost my wideband read as lean as it goes, and didnt move,
i thought it was going to blow up.
does anyone have any clue whats going on here?
is it the fuel maps? pressure?
also the car ran Perfect before all of this.
i know scott rules and rom tunes, i think a mistake was made or what am i doing wrong. please help!
thanks

4x4le
07-01-2009, 12:59 AM
If its sounds like a subi, you might have a fried ignitor chip. Your tune can fry them too if the dwell setting on your coils was altered.

550cc injectors are kind of small for your turbo too.

Mikester
07-05-2009, 01:06 AM
If it ran fine before you sent your ecu off, then it could be that your ecu mistakenly wasn't tuned properly. But it sounds to me like the guy who tuned it knows what he's doing... From what you're describing though, it sounds like it may not be running on all 4 cyl, You can check to see if one of your injectors isn't firing- pretty easy to tell- did you notice any of your plug electrodes looking really pale grey when you changed them? If you did, then chances are that injector isn't working. An SR sounds like a Subie when it runs on 3cyl.

Did you put in a higher volume fuel pump to compensate for the demand of the 550's? Did you buy the injectors new or used? If used, did you have them flow checked before you installed them? Fuel filter clogged?

Was the Z32 MAF already previously installed? If you did it in conjunction with installing the 550's, you might double check your wiring. If it's not wired properly, it could very well run like that too. Good luck!