PDA

View Full Version : how do u make nissan consult work w/ sohc-dohc swap?

sil80forme
06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
so i have done the sohc to dohc swap a few times but never needed to use nissans consult, now i do! but i know that there are a few wires that have to be wired up for it to work... so does anyone know which wire i need to do so.
thanx

projectRDM
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
We all do. I've typed how to do it a dozen times on here at least.

You could search for it.

sil80forme
07-01-2009, 07:55 AM
i have and the only answer i got is that i need a dohc body harness, but that isnt good enough for me... i have access to a consult plug, and need to wire it in useing what i have in the car already. but i cant find the wireing and colors for doing so.

projectRDM
07-01-2009, 08:17 AM
You're lying. I hate liars.

Common sense would dictate the plug comes from the ECU anyway, so the source is there, not in any harness, and certainly not required to swap an entire harness. But common sense is thrown out the window on here.

There's five wires (if indeed you have a plug, you know this).

Ignition
Ground
TX
RX
CLK

The three signal wires match color to color with the ECU's leads, green, green/white, and green/black, same as doing any other Nissan engine swap. Ground is obvious, ignition is too. Done.

sil80forme
07-01-2009, 09:02 AM
I have an unpined consult plug...... that i want to pin and wire into my harness.

NewKleer
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
easier just to wire it to the ecu (depends which harness u have whether there will even be a place on it to wire into).

(didnt realise this thread was a month old, havent been here for a while :))