PDA

View Full Version : Its Ok

mekiela
04-12-2003, 03:44 AM
ONE THING THAT I DO LIKE ABOUT THE MILITARY IS THAT MOST OF US DO HAVE NICE CARS, HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT?

mrmephistopheles
04-12-2003, 05:01 AM
Whoah, killer, ease down with that CAPS lock. In my brief 4+ years in the military, I've found that many servicemembers get their kicks from owning classic or modified cars. Some pull it off well, while others.. just pull it.

ca18guy
04-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Younger servicemen= Raging Ricers
Older servicemen= Classic Car people or V8 lovers

Thats my generalizations.

mrmephistopheles
04-12-2003, 08:11 AM
I don't find that to be true.. I find that there are quite a few younger guys into older cars, and a few older guys into newer cars. They tend to buy stuff like S2000, though..

nrcooled
04-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Here's the run down of my millitary friends:

-A friend of mine has a Levin conversion w/ the 20v
-another has a modded z28 (that whoops my ass).
-Another has a modded Spec-V
-Another has a s14 blacktop (civickilla)
-Another has a turbo teg

So yeah millitary men have hot rides. "Why?" you ask because they have nothing better to spend their money on. You live in the barracks for free you eat at the chow hall for free so all your money is "your money".

Foxcolt
04-12-2003, 11:58 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy mucka Fooka!!!

Why didn't you tell me about this!! Is he around our area? I HAVE to see this car!! I gotta I gotta!

Edit: I've never seen a levin in real life..Always wanted too.

nrcooled
04-12-2003, 12:36 PM
yeah, I posted pics of his ride a while back. It's a wide body Levin conversion w/ coilovers and Longchamps. Bride seats and the whole nine.

He is really into the supa dorifto action. I can put you in touch w/ him. I think he is still trying to get a drift team together. He wanted me to get into drifting w/ him but I can't afford to drift.

xS1LV1Ax
04-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by nrcooled

This guy i know with a 86 (levin conv) in NoVA knew this guy. I think i met this guy about 2 weeks ago at his place. He owns like a bunch of 86's and a FC and an MR2 rite??? Well i was bout to buy that corolla Sr5 that he had, but after taking a look at it, i didnt think it would be worth the investment cause i still need to work on my car. But that flat black 86 with the Levin cov looked sick. It had some 9" wide rims. That car was awesome.

Foxcolt
04-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by S1LV1A
This guy i know with a 86 (levin conv) in NoVA knew this guy. I think i met this guy about 2 weeks ago at his place. He owns like a bunch of 86's and a FC and an MR2 rite??? Well i was bout to buy that corolla Sr5 that he had, but after taking a look at it, i didnt think it would be worth the investment cause i still need to work on my car. But that flat black 86 with the Levin cov looked sick. It had some 9" wide rims. That car was awesome.

Jeezus fookin christ...you guys really need to start telling me about this kinda stuff:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll buy the SR5:D

mekiela
04-12-2003, 06:50 PM
wow! thats all i have to say

Phlip
04-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Foxcolt
Jeezus fookin christ...you guys really need to start telling me about this kinda stuff:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll buy the SR5:D
And here I am, I bought an SR5 in 98 for 400 bucks, it ran and had no rust, I needed a "6 month car" and drove the sumbitch for a year and a half... Sold it the end of 2001 for 300 bucks in need of a clutch and NOW you guys tell me it was worth more. Nah, but seriously, I found out what I had let slip thru my hands and have been trying to get it back ever since so I can do the 20v 4AG swap, eternally will I be pissed at myself if I can't get it back.