PDA

View Full Version : keep goin thru o2 sensors?

sil80forme
06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
so my setup is, ka-t t25 bottom mount, runnin bout 14-16 psi.
saf2 stock injectors maxed out... wideband shows at idle 14-15, wide open full boost 11.5-13 car runs great but about every month i am putting in a new o2 why is this and what can i do t prevent it? thanx

4x4le
06-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Lets see, you have an engine that is meant to be N/A so its timing is setup for that, so then you throw an safc on there which is further screwing with your timing. Not to mention that you have stock injectors that are maxing out and causing you to run in the 13:1 afr range under boost at full throttle. Your turbo is far FAR out of its efficiency range at 16 psi on a ka so its throwing very hot air into your engine. There is no reason in the world to run more than 12 psi on a ka t25 setup.

So basically everything about your entire engine setup is screaming high cylinder pressure, high cylinder temps, lots of detention, high exhaust temps.
I think we all know why your burning through o2 sensors, but Im wondering why your not having to replace your engines just as often. Buddy you really need to change some shit fast your your going to start popping engines left and right.

Im not trying to be mean, but some people just need criticized like this in order to make them re think things.

sil80forme
06-30-2009, 07:22 AM
thanx i apprieciate it.

S14DB
06-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Do you got pics of the O2 sensors when you take them out? How do the plugs look?

sil80forme
06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
plugs like like new, no i do not have pics of the o2's

4x4le
06-30-2009, 07:54 PM
thanx i apprieciate it.

no problem, Im glad you took it right.

at least get a walbro 255lph fuel pump, z32 fuel filter and a fmu. and retard your dizzy 5*

I honestly cant believe I just gave that advice but im assuming your on a tight budet.

If you have cash but just thought you could get away with stock injectors ect. then that changes things.

I honestly dont know how your engine has put up with it, it must be a real champ!