PDA

View Full Version : Skyline Spotted!

drifties151
04-10-2003, 10:58 PM
it happened as i was on my way to the arcade w. a friend to play the new initial D game we FINALLY got around by us... while sitting at a light i noticed an odd shape coming towards us a few car lengths ahead... low and behold it was a R33 skyline GTR! now i dunno how many are over here on the east coast... so this was def once in a lifetime for me (maybe). look left, look right, no cars so we hook a u turn and follow the beast into a gas station. this car was beautiful, it was purple (i dunno the exact name). we pull up behind him and jump out of the car. (he must have thought we were insane). we said whats up to the dude, who was mad chill, and asked hima few Q's and if we could snap a few pics... he knew the "situation" and let us shoot away... Motorex license plate frame w. no plates either, not even temps?? big 3" exhaust, front mount, blitz rims, it was the most beautiful thing. So just to let everyone know, add a purple R33 GTR to the slowly growing list of skylines over here on the east side... im sure there isnt too many and this was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for me at least. pics will be up as soon as we get them developed. its time for me go go clean myself up yet again after seeing that beautiful car :D

NiteKids
04-10-2003, 11:02 PM
I see one (or the same one) a few times a week. R33 in specific with gold volks. What's the big deal? :confused:

Anubis
04-10-2003, 11:03 PM
there are 3 on my street. :D

NiteKids
04-10-2003, 11:08 PM
I guess living out here spoils us. GTRs now seem (atleast to me) to not *WOW me anymore. They are definetly something I would like to have but since seeing them all the time at the arcade, shows', event etcs it's not quite as *Bam it's a GTR anymore. It's almost like I expect to see one now. (One in my garge would be even better! :D)

Bliss
04-10-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by NiteKids
I see one (or the same one) a few times a week. R33 in specific with gold volks. What's the big deal? :confused:

:rolleyes: sorry dude, I've never seen one, so it'd be pretty cool for me too. Why you trying to rain on his parade?

Can we have some pics of it??

nismoflip
04-10-2003, 11:30 PM
there are about four in the Diamond Plaza every weekend. towland heights California. Im used to it.

revat619
04-11-2003, 02:51 AM
i dont really care too much about the R34's and the R33's. You guys are right, those are everywhere...well atleast here in SoCal. But i have to say, if i saw a really clean R32 gt-r, i'd probably be pretty excited. Those are my favorite! :D What's cool is the fact that all those JDM BLING BLING idiots dont care about the R32 so for me the 32 still has some mystique. All those morons want to see is the infamous blue R34 GT-R.....figures. Thanks alot Stupid Street. :rolleyes:

Dousan_PG
04-11-2003, 07:11 AM
werd
see them alot here
then again, i live 10 mins away from Apex and they have 3 over there (maybe more?) so see them on the freeway at times

Dunkee
04-11-2003, 07:15 AM
I just saw a white one yesterday in Jersey. There nicely made cars. You just have to stop, look and appreciate them.

Johny5
04-11-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by revat619
i dont really care too much about the R34's and the R33's. You guys are right, those are everywhere...well atleast here in SoCal. But i have to say, if i saw a really clean R32 gt-r, i'd probably be pretty excited. Those are my favorite! :D What's cool is the fact that all those JDM BLING BLING idiots dont care about the R32 so for me the 32 still has some mystique. All those morons want to see is the infamous blue R34 GT-R.....figures. Thanks alot Stupid Street. :rolleyes:

couldn't have said it better myself. 32 has such un-interrupted bodylines, gorgeous.

s13silvia03
04-11-2003, 08:33 AM
i live in harrisburg, pa and i never seen a skyline in person, i think if i seen one id be pretty damn excited

hookedup240
04-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Dunkee
I just saw a white one yesterday in Jersey. There nicely made cars. You just have to stop, look and appreciate them.
Hey where at in Jersey? I've never seen one on the streets i would be so excited if i did see one though. I always keep my digital camera in my car.

blatch
04-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Well, here in the midwest there are 0 skylines. I don't understand why, because you can drive anything with wheels here. I don't know of any law having to do with restricting a car.

sykikchimp
04-11-2003, 09:32 AM
I've never seen one either :(

nrcooled
04-11-2003, 09:33 AM
I am not even gonna front! I would be like a little school girl if I saw one. heheeheh ::look away bashfully:: hehehehehe! There badas$ and I have never seen one in person so the excitement to see one would be pretty darn high. From what I here there is a R33 TommyKaira (or Mines?) in Fairfax VA but I have never seen it.

There was one close call where my wife comes home and said she saw a Skyline parked and I was all geeked up so we swung by to see it but it was just a damn Accord w/ a body kit:mad: :rolleyes:

sykikchimp
04-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by James
I wonder how it would feel to be the skyline owner and have kids chase you around asking to see under the hood or take pictures.
That would suck.

Some people get off on that kind of thing.. It's a big ego booster for people.

I wouldn't think it would be any different than owning a Lambo, or really high end ferrari...

honestly.. I WISH I had that problem. lol

s13silvia03
04-11-2003, 09:49 AM
I wonder how it would feel to be the skyline owner and have kids chase you around asking to see under the hood or take pictures.
That would suck.

it wouldnt be that bad around here:) most people dont know it if it aint a honduh

Dousan_PG
04-11-2003, 10:06 AM
That would suck.

thats why a lot of GTR owners HATE going out. i know of some who get followed ALL over by people even to their homes.
marco vargas has people take pics at night so you see little flashes sometimes from other drivers, its cool for a bit, but when people start following you and googling over your car, it goes to the point of annoying/dangerous.

jealousy makes people do stupid things

Dunkee
04-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by hookedup240
Hey where at in Jersey? I've never seen one on the streets i would be so excited if i did see one though. I always keep my digital camera in my car.
It was actually right down the street from my house. I live in Fords (by Woodbridge). It had Motorex stickers on the sides, nice rims and exhaust. The guy told me that it wasn't really modded, he only used it for shows. I asked him how much he paid and he said he couldn't say because Motorex was sponsoring him...:confused:

Stee Flo
04-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
thats why a lot of GTR owners HATE going out. i know of some who get followed ALL over by people even to their homes.
marco vargas has people take pics at night so you see little flashes sometimes from other drivers, its cool for a bit, but when people start following you and googling over your car, it goes to the point of annoying/dangerous.

jealousy makes people do stupid things Unfortunately that is something you would have to live with. Its kinda like the price celebrities pay for being famous. Sure you are rich and famous, but you have to constantly sign autographs and be chased by the media. Kinda the same senario. You get to drive a skyline around, but have to deal with tons of fans that will never stop bothering you.

Stee Flo
04-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Johny5
couldn't have said it better myself. 32 has such un-interrupted bodylines, gorgeous.
Yeah recently Ive started liking r32s better than the rest. I wouldnt mind even having a gs-t skyline. Seen some nice drift action from those in options vids!

Dousan_PG
04-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Stee Flo
Unfortunately that is something you would have to live with. Its kinda like the price celebrities pay for being famous. Sure you are rich and famous, but you have to constantly sign autographs and be chased by the media. Kinda the same senario. You get to drive a skyline around, but have to deal with tons of fans that will never stop bothering you.

i dont think so!

here's an example:

your telling me if you drive a skyline you dont mind if 16+ year old kids follow you around the city all the way home and get out of their car when you arrive to your home with your wife and kids?

yeah that's reeeeeal comforting.

no i dont think so.
its just a car. its a skyline. whoppiedeedoo. people who get all wet over it is pretty sad. the first time i saw one i didnt get all excited and take pics. maybe that's just me.

edit: think of it this way:

how comfortable are YOU when you go to your car outside the supermarket and there is a group of kids checking it out and talking about it?

me? no sir, i dont like it. even though my car is ass (imho) i still will walk out to my car to find people looking at it, examining the inside, one tiem even taking pictures!!!

Stee Flo
04-11-2003, 02:43 PM
i dont think so!

here's an example:

your telling me if you drive a skyline you dont mind if 16+ year old kids follow you around the city all the way home and get out of their car when you arrive to your home with your wife and kids?

yeah that's reeeeeal comforting.

no i dont think so.
its just a car. its a skyline. whoppiedeedoo. people who get all wet over it is pretty sad. the first time i saw one i didnt get all excited and take pics. maybe that's just me.
What the hell crawled up your butt? First off im not even condoning it. I was just stating the fact that people DO follow and bother skyline owners! I wouldnt want it. When you buy such a car, expect to get bothered. Dang you act like im telling these people to hound the skyline owners!:rolleyes: Maybe if you read my post instead of skiming it, you wouldnt be such a smartass!

Dousan_PG
04-11-2003, 02:46 PM
no need to be so rude, im giving an example of what some people do.
you are condoning it, you yourself said:

Unfortunately that is something you would have to live with. Its kinda like the price celebrities pay for being famous. Sure you are rich and famous, but you have to constantly sign autographs and be chased by the media. Kinda the same senario. You get to drive a skyline around, but have to deal with tons of fans that will never stop bothering you.

im just disagreeing and stating why i disagree.

Stee Flo
04-11-2003, 02:51 PM
no need to be so rude, im giving an example of what some people do.
you are condoning it, you yourself said:

im just disagreeing and stating why i disagree.
No i am not condoning, hence the word "Unfortunately". Here is a definition of the word.
un·for·tu·nate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-fôrch-nt)
adj.
1.Characterized by undeserved bad luck; unlucky.
2.Causing misfortune; disastrous.
3.Regrettable; deplorable: an unfortunate lack of good manners.

Dousan_PG
04-11-2003, 02:57 PM
im saying it snot something that is expected or have to live with
if people understood its just another car, rare in the USA as well (like any high end import car-diable, ferrari, lotus, etc), and wouldnt get all excited "oh i saw a gtr in my hometown, and i took pics!! oooh" gtr owners wouldnt be so paranoid about taking their cars out to the market or mall.

i know a few GTR owners and i know what happens. im saying it shouldnt be excepted or something they should have to live with

before Gran Turismo no one knew what a GTR was and they had no worries, since then and the 'explosion' of the GTR popularity, its a different story.

Keisuke
04-11-2003, 03:05 PM
wow, ya'll are cool. . . im with you drifties151, and everyone else that would be excited. hell, i get excited when i see good looking 240's, wrx's, i even saw a ugly ass evo today. . .i got excited. i love seeing good looking cars, anyhow drifties151, im jealous

Jesse

Stee Flo
04-11-2003, 03:12 PM
im saying it snot something that is expected or have to live with
if people understood its just another car.
True, but thats what im saying, people dont realize that its just another car. Its reputation has been charged up due to superstreet and all the other mags out there. Oh well, we cant really do anything about it.:o

Dousan_PG
04-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Oh well, we cant really do anything about it

very true!

hookedup240
04-11-2003, 04:02 PM

how comfortable are YOU when you go to your car outside the supermarket and there is a group of kids checking it out and talking about it?

I find that kinda funny any time i see anybody near my car when i come out of a store i press the panic button on my alarm and scare the shi t out of them.

sykikchimp
04-11-2003, 04:04 PM
It's one thing to oogle as it goes by, and stare in your mirrors till it fades away. It's a completely different thing (stalking?) when you follow them to their house..

It's called respect. do unto others...

Fortunately, I would think most GTR owners understand the enthusiest attitude (we're ENTHUSIASTIC DAMNIT!).. so they can understand when someone might be checking out their car in a parking lot, or people wave to them on the street, etc..

But following someone around is just wrong...

Stee Flo
04-11-2003, 04:11 PM
My apologies for my rudeness dousan. Im just tired right now, at work and in a bad mood.:o
Originally posted by Keisuke
wow, ya'll are cool. . . im with you drifties151, and everyone else that would be excited. hell, i get excited when i see good looking 240's, wrx's, i even saw a ugly ass evo today. . .i got excited. i love seeing good looking cars, anyhow drifties151, im jealous

Jesse Dont get me wrong, i love seeing sweet cars as much as the next man!;) It just wouldt be cool to envade someones personal space just for a glimps.

Dousan_PG
04-11-2003, 04:24 PM
no worries
im at work too!! my day here always is crumby!

dont get me wrong, i love skylines, i go for rides when i can! just i dont find it cool to invade someone's life so you can ask a few qs or take pic

leave that crap for the import shows!

240silvia
04-11-2003, 05:31 PM

jealousy makes people do stupid things

Then step on the gas, what are ppl going to do??? Catch you??? Honestly, I live in Wilmington NC, and I would probably pee myself if I saw one. They are really nice on Gran Turismo 3, lol, I'd love to see one in person. However, I agree with a lot of you, if there were a R32, R33, and a R34 in the street, the R32 would have my attention.

deviousKA
04-11-2003, 06:17 PM
lol i havent even seen another s13 within 100 miles of where i live. a s14 drove by my house one time, that was cool. and one time i seen a hachi-homo going by on a trailer. pre-fd rx7's are plentiful, i wish i had wankel experience

240Stilo
04-11-2003, 10:50 PM
I see the common link winth people that see the skyline in socal are mostly near the San Diego area. AKA higher living standard. I have yet to see a skyline on the streets in San Gabriel Valley or L.A. MOst out of ordinary car I've ran into would be a Lambo on the freeway and a Prowler out on the streets. The Lambo was looking sweet.

wizdom98117
04-12-2003, 08:14 AM
i was getting some work done on my s14 w/redtop sr...at BALANCED PERFORMANCE(they do great work), and someone from motorex trailored their car from FL to their shop. Allen(the manager) told me to open one of the backdoors. ***droool****a silver r33 w/extra wide gold VOLK gtn's w/a silverlip, was staring and smiling at me with it's bright shining teeth(blitz FMIC)....this was my first time seeing a skyline in person. It was such a great feeling to actually be in the presence of such a beautiful and powerful car. Plus, it also felt honorable to know that my car has been worked on by people who work on skylines.

PARAD0X
04-12-2003, 04:52 PM
gee, when was that. i go up there every couple weeks, just to see whats going on. it also helps that balanced performance is about a mile from my girlfriends house. but i've never seen any skylines. seen chris may's car once or twice though

ISTOTOSAO
04-12-2003, 07:00 PM
honestly it is very exiting to finally see something that you have heard so much about for so long. I saw a clean R32 at california speed way. I got exited. everyones view points have to do with the deminishing law of supply and damand. the more you have of something the less the urge to get it is.(exception; addictions)

wizdom98117
04-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Yea, usually chris may's car is over there. A lot of the times it's that black s14 turbo they're working on as well. I guess the skyline was a one time deal. You missed it man.

nrcooled
04-13-2003, 02:59 PM
I got a chance to see a very clean silver R32 at Rockville (MD) last night and it was sexy as hell. First Skyline spotting for me:D

NZO
04-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by drifties151
Motorex license plate frame w. no plates either, not even temps?? big 3" exhaust, front mount, blitz rims

Sounds like you met Irving. Hes a really nice guy, plus he gave me a great deal on his stock wheels :D