PDA

View Full Version : Aem ems 30-1601 plus uego controller guage vs 30-1601u

BoostinBen
06-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I was wondering if there was any difference in getting the 30-1601u with built in uego and getting the 30-1601 w/o the uego and buying the uego seperate ... seems to me they both wire up together and work the same you just get a guage also if you get them seperate... can anyone confirm this??

thanks

<---:naw:--->

BoostinBen
06-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Well I figured Id answer my own question here in case anyone was interested in the same info ... I sent a mail to AEM and this is the response I got ... which is pretty much what I figured but just thought Id double check..

From AEM:

"Using the UEGO gauge as your wideband to input into the 30-1601 EMS will be fine. You won’t loose any functionality over the 30-1601u. Plus having the gauge is also very helpful when tuning or driving because you can monitor your AF at all times instead of needing to have your laptop hooked up to view AF if you have the U model EMS"

so the 30-1601 plus the uego gauge controller and the 30-160u have the exact same functionality from the EMS side when connected together.. Plus if you get them seperare its cheaper ... as well as you get a bad ass AF gauge...

So thats what I got .. and it just arived yesterday .. .cant wait to hook it all up.

ho1ywars
06-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Well I figured Id answer my own question here in case anyone was interested in the same info ... I sent a mail to AEM and this is the response I got ... which is pretty much what I figured but just thought Id double check..

From AEM:

"Using the UEGO gauge as your wideband to input into the 30-1601 EMS will be fine. You won’t loose any functionality over the 30-1601u. Plus having the gauge is also very helpful when tuning or driving because you can monitor your AF at all times instead of needing to have your laptop hooked up to view AF if you have the U model EMS"

so the 30-1601 plus the uego gauge controller and the 30-160u have the exact same functionality from the EMS side when connected together.. Plus if you get them seperare its cheaper ... as well as you get a bad ass AF gauge...

So thats what I got .. and it just arived yesterday .. .cant wait to hook it all up.

+
only advantage is you have an extra o2 sensor if one takes a shit. i have uego built into my 30 1601 and a gauge and uego seperate.