PDA

View Full Version : clutch master cylinder question

GunmetalSR
06-22-2009, 04:32 PM
hey i just had an idea but i dont know if it would work or even if its worth it
could a clutch master cylinder from a 300zx fit on a 240sx and wouldnt it increase peddle feel and wouldnt a clutch grab aloy harder
plz no flaming if its a stupid question:hide:

djsilver
06-22-2009, 05:55 PM
OK, no flames here, just tech.

It's about the ratio of areas of the master to the slave cylinders. If the 300zx master cylinder is larger, it will be harder to push but won't need to move as far. If it's smaller, the pedal will be easier to push but will need to move farther to release the clutch. You can do the same thing by changing the slave cylinder diameter.

The clutch grip is determined by the clutch plate/ springs/ pressure plate design.

GunmetalSR
06-22-2009, 06:28 PM
OK, no flames here, just tech.

It's about the ratio of areas of the master to the slave cylinders. If the 300zx master cylinder is larger, it will be harder to push but won't need to move as far. If it's smaller, the pedal will be easier to push but will need to move farther to release the clutch. You can do the same thing by changing the slave cylinder diameter.

The clutch grip is determined by the clutch plate/ springs/ pressure plate design.
thanx for the info but i thought it would increase pressure and the clutch would grip harder

GunmetalSR
06-22-2009, 06:50 PM
o and which one has to do with actual pressure of the clutch
the master or slave cylinder that has to do with hydraulic pressure
the reason i thought of this was bc i hav z32 brakes and a z32 master cylinder(or slave i dont know lol) and i know that increases brake feel