PDA

View Full Version : Coilover Hits Toe Arm bolt

Shadowhunter
06-21-2009, 03:57 AM
I am trying to install Stance GR+ Pro coilovers on my s14. Every time I bolt up the coilover to the drivers side it hits the Toe arm bolt in the front of the car, I got the other side to go on with just a little bit of clearance room but it still seems sketchy. I need to mention that I have all the arms just re-bolted because I just rebolted my rear subframe I just replaced the diff and subframe bushings. I have tried unbolting them and moving them still to no avail. I am getting spl rear suspension arms soon as well but Don't know how much difference it will make to my situation.I am wondering if all the arms being crazy out of alignment may have something to do with it. If anyone has any insight on what I am missing it would be much appreciated. Pic attached:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Shadowhuntr/IMGP0600.jpg

GSXRJJordan
06-21-2009, 05:17 AM
You're gonna feel dumb...

... ready?

Flip the bolt around, so the 'head' is towards the coilover, and the nut sticks out. You'll have to slide the coilover off it's perch on the lower control arm to do this.

Shadowhunter
06-21-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm confused, which bolt do I need to turn around? Are you talking about the bottom bushing of the coilover which connects to the stud on the spindle? If you mean the toe arm I never disconnected that bolt so I am sure it is facing the right way. The way I have the coilover on the longer part of the bushing touches the stud first and then I connect the bolt through the shorter side of the bushing. Thanks again for your help.

DreamN
06-21-2009, 06:21 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow.

moss13
06-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Your missing a brain,lol!

Do what GSXRJJordan said.

Shadowhunter
06-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Your missing a brain,lol!

Do what GSXRJJordan said.

Wow asshole, you are so fucking helpful thanks so much for the insight. Or how about don't post in any of my threads again. My point is that I never unbolted the bolt that is touching the shock, so I know it's facing the right way. With that being said I don't see which bolt is on backwards.

Wake
06-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Wow asshole, you are so fucking helpful thanks so much for the insight. Or how about don't post in any of my threads again. My point is that I never unbolted the bolt that is touching the shock, so I know it's facing the right way. With that being said I don't see which bolt is on backwards.

dude ive never once worked on s14 suspension and i understood exactly what he said. He didnt say "if you took that bolt off" he said.....

Flip the bolt around, so the 'head' is towards the coilover, and the nut sticks out.

dont get all fucking huffy because you dont want to listen. Take the coil off, take the bolt off, turn it around, put the nut back on, put the coil back on, tighten everything, shut the fuck up and drive.

fucking premies LOL

ms!3
06-21-2009, 02:45 PM
lmao dude, flip the bolt around. doesn't matter if you didn't unbolt it o w/e.

skazat
06-21-2009, 03:02 PM
dude just because YOU didnt move it doesnt mean someone before you didnt. if the bolt in question is the problem and someone offers a solution, dont question it just do it.

Wake
06-21-2009, 03:03 PM

Wow.

I second that, nevermind dude your on your own.

EDz s14
06-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Just turn that shit around and see if it still hits...

my problem is that sometimes the bolt still hits the coilovers after I switched the bolt around. anybody got a solution for this?

Shadowhunter
06-21-2009, 03:56 PM
dude just because YOU didnt move it doesnt mean someone before you didnt. if the bolt in question is the problem and someone offers a solution, dont question it just do it.

Just because someone offers a solution does not mean that it's the right one. It was not the solution but the fact that I did not understand which bolt I needed to turn around as I never unbolted that bolt from the stock location. I saw no reason to have to turn it around. I am guessing that the bolt needs to be switched because the new shock body is bigger than the Stock shocks. But how are you supposed to know that? Personally I assumed because the bolt is in the stock location there would be no need to flip it since the shocks should bolt right up. Hence I thought I was doing something wrong. I am not trying to be an ass nor difficult. But if I don't understand something or don't see a reason for doing it I will ask for clarification or want to know why it needs to be done. You guys act like everyone who has ever installed coilovers on an s14 should automatically know this shit when in fact it makes more sense that I would would not have to flip it and shit should bolt on in stock locations. No need to flame like a bunch of 13 year olds. Thanks to everyone who has offered help and not just criticize for no reason.

DreamN
06-21-2009, 04:01 PM

Wow.

Once again because it fits so well. :keke: