PDA

View Full Version : Tranny or shifter shaking at higher rpms...

manglobe01
06-20-2009, 10:08 PM
okay im pretty sure i had this problem before i installed my B +M shifter...and i know for sure i have this now post install.
Anyways if I were to go near rev limit in any gear mainly the lower 3 gears, my whole tranny shakes..(not to the point of vibrations in shifter but literally i can feel it shake)
I always thought this was a small problem but sitting in my friends camaro the other day(350hp)...while he was going from 1-2-3 near rev limit, his tranny and shifter doesnt SHAKE at all.....to the point in which its very smooth,.

Mine-even in a KA if i take it to higher rpms it feels like the tranny is about to rip in half....
What do i do, and does anyone have this problem?

Wake
06-21-2009, 02:59 PM
check your motor mounts, tranny mount bushing, and driveshaft carrier bushing, any of those being broken can attribute to shaking. not so much motor mounts but definitley the other two.
also if your driveshaft was ever taken apart (front and rear section) it going to need to be rebalanced, even if you mark it and bolt it back together in the same spots. You may also need your driveshaft to be balanced regardless.

Homer_Simpson
06-21-2009, 03:08 PM
^^^I changed all the mounts and it greatly reduces the shaking of the shifter in comparison to when I had the old worn out mounts.

manglobe01
06-22-2009, 01:22 AM
check your motor mounts, tranny mount bushing, and driveshaft carrier bushing, any of those being broken can attribute to shaking. not so much motor mounts but definitley the other two.
also if your driveshaft was ever taken apart (front and rear section) it going to need to be rebalanced, even if you mark it and bolt it back together in the same spots. You may also need your driveshaft to be balanced regardless.

thanks man!