PDA

View Full Version : 3 wheelin'

KOUKI KA-T
04-09-2003, 01:16 PM
So I've been waiting for my Volk GT-n's to come in at Eastern Autosports in NY. The wheels were ordered about 4 months ago since Volk only ships into the states every 90 days.
So last Friday I call the shop and they say that the wheels are finally in and they are shipping them to me, in Maine, on Monday...........
I call the shop on Monday for the tracking number and they say they haven't tagged them yet but they're still going out that afternoon.....
....And then the fun part. I call today since they're still not here and the guy says they weren't shipped and that he only has 3. He said Mackin, when sealing the crates the wheels are shipped in, managed to staple one of the wheels with a staple gun! Now I guess i have to wait another 90 days just to get my 4th wheel!!
I'm supposed to call him back tonight after he gets a hold of Mackin to find out how long I will have to wait and if they will pay for the new wheel!! This, obviously, blows!

I just needed to vent :(

andrave
04-09-2003, 02:19 PM
that sucks.. those rims kick total ass though. Its worth the wait!

CoasTek240
04-09-2003, 02:24 PM
That blows... sorry dude :(

but on another note where does everyone think the best place is to order Volks... I've been looking at getting some. i want some nice wheels w/ a perfect offset...
yes i know i should just buy some meshies.. but i dunno ill see how my money situation is.

timmybgood
04-09-2003, 03:41 PM
are they giving you any sort of discount? thats a pretty big screwup and thats alot of your time wasted...good luck!

andrave
04-09-2003, 03:59 PM
I found my dream rim, the volk nismo gt-4's or whatever they are called... only they are something like 570 bucks each before shipping.
*sigh*

KOUKI KA-T
04-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Alright I just got off the phone with the shop again, things aren't looking so bad now. The sizes I got are 17x8 +35 in the front and 17x9 +37 for the rear. Now I was told that the rears have to be ordered custom because of the offset. That's why it took 4 months for them to get here. The fronts are something that are shipped to the U.S. on a regular basis. It was one of the front wheels that was damaged so Volk found a dealer in Cali that had one and it's being shipped to me as soon as Eastern ships them the mangled one. The 2 rears and one decent front were shipped to me today and I got tracking numbers. So now I just gotta wait like 2 weeks for the other wheel to get shipped to me. Not so bad after all...sigh of relief.

andrave
04-09-2003, 05:50 PM
*tear*
I love happy endings!

Drifted off road
04-09-2003, 09:33 PM
thats good that everything turned out well. i cant wait to see them on ur car. make sure u post pics. BTW what tires r u gonna run on them?

Kookaburraz
04-10-2003, 01:14 AM
So they scratched the rim...not exactly mangled...I'd ask for a discount and keep it.

KOUKI KA-T
04-10-2003, 06:22 AM
I think I'm going to run Yok ES-100's. 225/45 in the front and 255/40 in the rear.
...And it was a little more than just a scratch. It got stapled not once but three times and one took a pretty deep gash outta the spoke. Why spend all that money and wait all that time to get a scratched wheel??? If I didn't care about scatches I'd buy used ones.

nrcooled
04-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Kookaburraz
So they scratched the rim...not exactly mangled...I'd ask for a discount and keep it.

I second that idea. But I don't mind used rims. Rims will be scratched....it's inevitable. But if I paid close to or more than $2000 for rims I would want them perfect also. Good luck on your Volks and welcome to the Volk club!:D

KOUKI KA-T
04-10-2003, 01:24 PM
If they were going to give some sort of discount I may have considered, but it was bad enough for him to say the wheel isn't worth keeping. I'm used to the wait though, this is my second set of Volk's, I had 18" TE-37's that took a couple months to get as well.
When you want the best you gotta wait I guess!!

Annoying Eric
04-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Eastern Autosports huh?! I live a couple of blocks from there, and i go to school even closer to them.. There use to be a guy who worked there named Reinhard that drives a 600 hp Mr2, the thing is soo crazy sexy...Well yeah, good luck with the rims...

http://www.tantrumracing.com/tr/members/images/rye/icon.jpg

here's Reinhards mr2.....Sexy ain't it.....

KOUKI KA-T
04-10-2003, 01:35 PM
[email protected] that things burly....

DMC
04-10-2003, 08:58 PM
that much money for rims that get damaged that much that easily....somethin isnt right.

andrave
04-10-2003, 09:52 PM
since when does the quality of a rim depend on its ability to withstand an industrial brad nailer?

Bliss
04-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by KOUKI KA-T
I think I'm going to run Yok ES-100's. 225/45 in the front and 255/40 in the rear.
...And it was a little more than just a scratch. It got stapled not once but three times and one took a pretty deep gash outta the spoke. Why spend all that money and wait all that time to get a scratched wheel??? If I didn't care about scatches I'd buy used ones.

Damn, that sucks. Atleast its not TOO bad. Are you going to put spacers on there? Or will it be flush, or do you not mind the sunkenness if it IS sunk in? (Just curious, don't know much about the offsets)

Good choice on tire, love the ES100.

DMC
04-11-2003, 06:01 AM
not sure i have never done any research on rims, just didnt seem right

KOUKI KA-T
04-11-2003, 06:13 AM
If you can find a wheel that can withstand a nail gun let me know! The wheels are one of the strongest you can buy, when used as a wheel and not as tack board for a nail gun.:D
And as i said before it was probably still structually fine. but i'm all set paying 500$ for a wheel with some major scratches on it.
I shouldn't need spacers to clear my brakes (z32) and it should mount flush. That was the idea with those offsets. I haven't tried the ES-100 yet but have heard good things, so I'm anxious to try them.

KOUKI KA-T
04-11-2003, 10:22 AM
The 3 good ones just showed up. Very nice.:D One of the rear ones is scratched as well, like 9 scratches on the lip, but oh well. How they managed to mess up the spokes on the other wheel I have no idea...I'm wondering if the shop messed it up by dropping it on something, it looks like someone set one of my rears face down on rocks or something from the scratched that are on the lip. Hopefully the 4th one shows up soon so I can put them on!

KOUKI KA-T
05-05-2003, 03:37 PM
So the nightmare is not even close to over and I'm sending out a warning to all. Do not deal with Eastern Autosports in New york. It has been another month and i still have no 4th wheel. I've called several times, and a different story everytime. Last Friday one guy told me that Volk would not send them the 4th wheel because they say Eastern is the one who messed it up to begin with (which i believe to be true since one of the 3 i actually did recieve was scratched from them stapling the lip) The guy told me he had no idea when I'd get a new one and it was a waiting game until they decide to just end it and send them a new wheel. I told him i didn't want to wait and that I paid for a wheel months ago and I want it. He said he was calling the manager again on monday and to call then....
......so I just got off the phone with them again. I asked what was going on and he told me they hadn't heard from volk yet and that my wheels should be on the way....I was like what?!!! I've got 3, the 4th was scratched and a new one was supposed to be shipped express to me a month ago. He asked who told me that......on and on......then he copped an attitude and said i need to speak to chris and he's not there. I asked why I get a different story every time and the guy on the phone flipped out. He told me to come down there right now and see for myself who's there and then hung up on me.
So basically don't deal with these guys, until today I have been more than polite with them and thanking them for their help on every call. I wasn't even rude with this guy and he tweaked out and hung up on me. So now here i am stuck with only 3 wheels, one of which is scratched, an empty wallet and a huge headache. Sorry so long, It's either rant on here or punch things......

hookedup240
05-05-2003, 03:57 PM
Damn man that sux you haven't gotten it yet, i know how you feel, i had to wait a while for my rims too because of backorder.

But if they keep jerking you around, its time to stop being polite and do something especially if the guy is giving you sh it, if it was me i would probably call every day seeing what the problem is, and keep bothering them.

Is there any other place you can get the rims from, get your money back from them and get them somewhere else.

240silvia
05-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Damn, that sucks! Sorry bro. Be sure to take pics when you get them on.

KOUKI KA-T
06-17-2003, 06:27 PM
It's now June 17th, and I finally got a tracking number!! Turns out the whole time they told me they were arguing with "volk" it was actually there supplier, none other than carisma. I have had major issues with carisma with other things as well. But i tracked the wheel and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that they didn't just get annoyed with me and send me back the beat up one......

hookedup240
06-17-2003, 06:29 PM
congrats, make sure you post some pics when there all on.

KOUKI KA-T
06-17-2003, 06:35 PM
i will....that is, as soon as it gets out of the bodyshop from my recent crash 2 weeks ago:rolleyes: But it'll also have a k's aero spoiler and gp sports rear bumper as well.;)

KOUKI KA-T
06-18-2003, 04:13 PM
YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! The tracking number i was given for my wheel was a fraud. It was for a different order that was shipped to someone in Massachusettes!!!! I Waited for the wheel all day and it never showed up. So i tracked it again, stated delivered to destination, Revere Massachusettes. signed for by francois. So again they screwed me. I don't know what else to do now...... This has gone on for 6 months, I'm ready to go over to Eastern and start swingin'...

KOUKI KA-T
06-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Alright, I can finally let this thread die. I got the fourth wheel yesterday. They ended up sanding and polishing the lip and shipping it back to me covered in dust and compound, looks used and dirty. There are 2 chips in the gold spokes as well. But I don't care anymore, it's been long enough and I just want 4 wheels. So beware of Eastern Autosports in New York, as well as Carisma. They are shady and will lie to you and hang up on you, (and give you false tracking numbers for other packages). My car goes to the shop on the 7th to fix the dent I put in it, I will post pics after with the new bumper and wheels.

Dousan_PG
06-26-2003, 04:59 PM
crappy deal man

but im glad u still got them. could be worse
but shouldnt be in that condition!
:(

KOUKI KA-T
06-26-2003, 05:13 PM
The best part is i paid an extra 150$ for them to ship them to me with insurance on them. But insurance does me no good if they friggin damage the wheel before even shipping them to me. go figure.