PDA

View Full Version : KA24E Motor acting funny help

nurvcom
06-19-2009, 01:32 AM
ok I have 1989 240sx with KA24E

I got car and timing chain needed done bad it was acting funny and dint what to start

well i did Compression check and it was 170 or better from all cylinders

So i popped head off send it to get check it was ok so i cleaned it and got all new gaskets and timing chain

i lined everything up as oem setup and new dizzy cap + rotor new plugs and wires fresh gas and repaird all broken and bad wires on sensors checked all Smog (SH1T) and i started it and head sound kinda noisy and it hesitate and doesnt what to idel down to 800 it stays above 1200 or higher so i check TPS and ajusted idel screw and got it down to 900 but it BOGGS bad and GOT NO CEL or anything i check CEL and ECU to make shur it was working

Could anyone help

i dont what to drive it if wont work right and i dont what to damage it

s13boy89
06-19-2009, 01:35 AM
timing..........

nurvcom
06-19-2009, 01:41 AM
well how can i redo timing with out taking the motor apart?

I know i did the timing chain Correct it was TDC and i got the colored links on the dots when installed

Infamax
06-19-2009, 05:51 AM
It could be your timing at the distributor and oil pump.

When you installed your oil pump and distributor did you line them up properly.

There is 3 steps to setting your timing.
First you have to set your crank at TDC and set the cam accordingly.
Second, when you install the oil pump and distributor, you have to stab the oil pump shaft properly.
Third is when you adjust the time with the timing light.

Set your engine at TDC and pull of your valve cover, make sure your cam sprocket is aligned properly. If it's aligned properly, then remove your distributor and look down the hole and look at how your oil pump shaft is positioned. The end of the oil pump shaft looks sort of like a upper case D (do you know what I mean?). Looking down the hole, the shaft should look like this "(\". Once you stab the distributor back in, the rotor should point at the 4 O'clock position. That should set your mechanical timing and allow you to start the car. If it cranks but doesnt want to start, twist the distributor a bit to either direction and see if it helps. After you get it started get a timing gun and set your timing to the second mark from the right. Once you finish that you should have your timing set.

Also, make sure you have your firing order on your spark plug wires on correctly.

It goes: Starting from the 11o'clock position clockwise 4 3 1 2

And make sur.e you gap your plugs right too, they're supposed to be .44

nurvcom
06-19-2009, 08:49 AM
ok

well when i stab oil pump/dizzy the rotor was facing at 4 o'clock and

when i turn dizzy towards car revs more and higher idle more responsive and turn it other why idle go down and car acts laggy spark plug are gap correctly

Could some of the sensors on motor be bad? or still dizzy timing

Infamax
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
See if you can rent or borrow a timing gun from autozone. Then adjust your timing.