PDA

View Full Version : Car has been miss firing- pulled out spark plug #4 and no change in idle?

SuicidnS13
06-18-2009, 08:28 PM
So guys our car has been idling pretty rough since the other day. It ran great for like 2 weeks after a recent tune up. I changed out all the spark plugs and cleaned out the IACV recently. Woke up one day and bam the idle was rough. Feels almost like a motor mount is out. You can rev it up pretty freely and it does have a lack in power. I have spark and and all my injectors are firing. I pull out the sparkplug wires 1 at a time and with everyone the idle gets worse from cylinders 1-3. When I pull out #4 the idle does not change. There is definately spark going to the sparkplug wire. Do you think maybe my fuel injector is clogged? I definately here it clicking during idle. Or do you think the cylinder could be dead. The car is my wifes car and is never driven hard. It was driven to the store the night before and then parked in the garage. Went to start her up the next day and the idle was crappy.

JamesS
06-18-2009, 08:39 PM
What motor is this? Is it a KA?

specialk2003
06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Do a compression test, that will tell you if the cylinder is dead, or if the injector isn't working properly. And make sure that you do have spark in #4.

frankist
06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
fuel injector or loss of compression. do use a noid light and do a compression check to see whats going on.

silviaguy240
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
does it sound like a wrx?

SuicidnS13
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Yup its a ka24de. Just did a compression check and compression is like 165 across the board on a cold engine. Im going to get a spare injector to replace it with. The 4th spark plug was still looked brand new so I know the cylinder never fired. While the others all looked normal. Could anything else cause this? Also no smell of fuel on the spark plug at all.

SuicidnS13
06-18-2009, 09:29 PM
does it sound like a wrx?

My exhaust its still stock so its silent. But Im sure if it wasnt it would sound like a wrx.

krisdeezy
06-18-2009, 09:38 PM
^ it doesnt matter. you can still hear the difference. try switching sparkplug wire 3 and 4. It could also be the rotor cap and rotor so check that out. so you already changed the injector correct ? Still no change ?

adam s
06-18-2009, 09:51 PM
I had that problem, try switching injectors 3 and 4, and see if the bad cylinder jumps.

Thats how I did mine, it jumped, I replaced the bad injector and BOOM! It worked great for a week or two until a new problem came up haha.

Best of luck.