PDA

View Full Version : Boost problems

topher_s13
06-18-2009, 04:35 PM
i have a 92 180sx with a sr20det red top motor and some how the boost gets turned up by its self. im not to sure how need some advice. This only happens on a hot day tho it doesnt matter if im driving it on a hot day or it sits on a hot day the boost gets turned up from 5psi to 10 to 15psi, not sure how. I have a electronic blitz boost controller/turbo timer and i thought that could be the problem but i disconnected the vaccuum lines and it still running high boost and now i have a exhaust leak and im pretty sure that come from after the turbo because i still have full spool but i can hear the leak its kinda loud and really annoying it sounds like its come from near the turbo but i havnt had it on a hoist to get a closer look yet. im doing that on saturday. ANY ADVICE?

godsmack
06-18-2009, 07:13 PM
maybe you're actuator is starting to go.

TheGrim
06-19-2009, 05:38 AM
sounds like boost creep. bad actuator, vacuum lines, or exhaust problems

nissanfreak317
06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
for your exhaust leak, check around where the mani bolts to the turbo. if for some reason you don't have the oem tabs that keep those nuts in place, they will undo themselves all day, and cause headaches.

topher_s13
06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
well your right about the exhaust leak thats where it is coming from (manifold to turbo connection) and i think it is the actuator but im gonna fix the exhaust leak first then go from there