PDA

View Full Version : s14 front lower control arms on s13

Fricshon
06-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I've searched! and while you may say the answers are out there what I've found has not been conclusive. I have an s13 that has started to get some real track..... use. Anyways I love camber up front, I've maxed my places and am considering the strut tower mod but leaving the car for the summer so that can wait. Anyways to the real deal

are s14 front lower control arms a bolt on deal for s13s?

I've read that you need to change the ball joint? Is this true and is that the part closest to the chassis or the part closest to the knuckle? Is that only important if your going with the s14 knuckle as well? Anyways someone who loves camber help me out. No need for search jerks, if you have the knowledge then drop it and drop the bs. Thanks for the help, I want to lean like a cholo /--\

Propaganda
06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Ball joints are for the knuckles so S14 with S14 and S13 with S13. Control Arms are sort of a bolt on deal if you're not using S14 knuckles.

Ball joints are the ones near the wheels.

Search!! FSM!!! haha...

4x4le
06-18-2009, 08:46 PM
What coilovers/pillowballs do you have? You have already moved the screws to the other holes to allow for more camber and want more? Just making sure.

I run mine maxed out and thats exactly where I want it so I guess I could see some combinations not offering enough possibly.

Here is a 215-45 on a 17x9 +0 offset with 2* of camber. (my car)
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/4x4le/silvia/0613091621.jpg
I think you would need something pretty aggressive to pull off more camber than that honestly.

EDIT: you can see how bad the building in the background looks to be leaning in order to get the tire to look strait up and down in the pic.