PDA

View Full Version : need guidance w/ s13 and ls-1 swap.

Schwartzy
06-16-2009, 08:40 PM
i picked up a 1990 s13 that has been in storage for over ten years and i am in the process of sourcing an ls-1 and my buddy told me this was the site to come to for parts and help through the process. So far i know cross member needs modified need an oil sump pan off a trail blazer or a super shallow one. and that the wiring is gonna be super fun ;). If you have any links or have done this yourself feel free to school me.

Schwartzy
06-18-2009, 02:27 AM
nobody has anything to say??

GSXRJJordan
06-18-2009, 04:31 AM
1) Search, and use the V8 FAQ

2) Any front-sump pan will work, most people use GTO pan (like $150).

3) Wiring is the easiest part, LSx ECU takes power, ground, ignition - the rest goes to the motor. If you want your speedo to work, you'll need a Speedohealer or Dakota Digital box.

4) If you want power steering, you'll have to mod the spring (or get a pressure restrictor) because the stock GM pump flows too goddamned much

5) You'll need conversion headers, a bunch of people sell them, or you can make some.

There's more, that's just off the top of my head. Read the V8 FAQ, it's got TONS of info. Also, see Johny5's thread (My AN Ferrules blah blah blah) - it's got the most gangster S13/LS1 I've seen.

Schwartzy
06-18-2009, 07:00 PM
thanks a lot. just needed a little direction.