PDA

View Full Version : power steering leak in 240 w/ SR20

bowflex
06-13-2009, 12:02 AM
my power steering line has a small leak (considering the pressure) in the high pressure hose. the metal lines are all good so i don't want to have to replace those for no reason. i haven't been able to find fittings for just the hose portion to connect to an SR20 motor. i did for a KA though. is there any way i could patch it? i know it would be hard since it is high pressure, but any ideas? otherwise i might just fill the reservoir and let it slowly leak, giving it more of a manual steering feel. also would it be bad for the steering system to do that (let it run super low on steering fluid)? or would there be enough in there to lubricate the gears?

tire_machine
06-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes, letting your pump run dry is a dumbass move. You can use ATF instead of PS fluid as well, just FYI.

angelom88
06-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Wat are u worried about the power steering for rip that shit out of there duhhh.

s13silvia123
06-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Wat are u worried about the power steering for rip that shit out of there duhhh.

you have speech impairment please fix your problems

bowflex
06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
i can't just rip it out, taking the power steering pump off won't make it a normal manual steering system, it'll just be a power steering system minus the pressure which wouldn't be good for it. plus the gears need to be lubed up with the PS fluid.