PDA

View Full Version : Front Suspension HELP!!!

drifted
06-11-2009, 08:18 PM
On my s13 my driver front wheel sticks out 1/2" to 1" farther than my passenger. I took all kinds of measurements and ended up getting the same thing on both sides. So I put the car on the ground and looked down the side On the passenger the front was pretty much in line with the rear, but the driver front stuck out farther than the rear. I do have coilovers with camber plates so I put a level on the hub on both sides and got the bubble in the same position ( like setting camber), well the lines on the camber plates were way off from passenger to driver side. But they were in the same position according to the bubble. I AM AT A LOSS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

GSXRJJordan
06-11-2009, 08:24 PM
It's not that hard to imagine - your S13, with a billion and a half miles and who knows how many fender benders, is not straight. That's been the case on every S-chassis I've EVER worked on/owned... same offset wheels stick out different amounts with same alignment specs/etc.

Get the car aligned, roll fenders to fit. /project.

drifted
06-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Well to go with my s14 control arm ? How different are the control arms and how can I tell the difference? By the way thanx for the response. I figured it was probably hit or something.

redsx13
06-13-2009, 12:24 PM
On my s13 my driver front wheel sticks out 1/2" to 1" farther than my passenger. I took all kinds of measurements and ended up getting the same thing on both sides. So I put the car on the ground and looked down the side On the passenger the front was pretty much in line with the rear, but the driver front stuck out farther than the rear. I do have coilovers with camber plates so I put a level on the hub on both sides and got the bubble in the same position ( like setting camber), well the lines on the camber plates were way off from passenger to driver side. But they were in the same position according to the bubble. I AM AT A LOSS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Its probably been in an accident