PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issue tailights on all the time

CityHunt3R
06-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I recently had my battery die due to my tailights not turnig off even then the keys are out the ignition I checked the switch and its turn in off position only thing i can think of is shortage. any idea how I should go about checking for shortages where to start kinda new to this but Im hoping with a little advice i can get this thing fixed without sheding out $$$$$$ any advice or suggestions on how to fix this thing on my own are greatly appreciated. Yeah i could just take it in for somone to look at but like i said im here cause i wanted to try to fix it on my own thanks again.
:faint:

projectRDM
06-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Speak English, it helps.

Tailights refers to the entire parking light circuit. Is this the case? If not, and it's just the brake lights that are on, the brake light switch is bad. Replace it. If all the lights are staying on, unplug each one individually. You've got a short across a bulb somewhere.

devnull
06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
If it's the brake lights, it could be that the little piece of plastic that touches the brake light switch has broken off.

CityHunt3R
06-12-2009, 03:19 AM
yeah its the break lights i tried using a diferent switch same problem i unlplugged each bulb one by one no change brake lights are aslways on even when i have key out ignition /car completely turned off ill try a new switch see if it makes a difference. i used a old one the sitch is right up on top of of the brake pedal bracket right? looks like theres 2 of them one has red wires the other has blue can anyone confirm witch one is the brake switch? thank asgain

sorry about the poor english
it must be my accent.

jdmanthony
06-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I just had this happen to me this past week and spent an hour trying to figure it out. I check all the bulbs and fuses. Swapped out the switch and still nothing. Turns out it was what devnull said. That little plastic bump stop that makes contact with the switch broke in half and was just chilling in the floor.

CityHunt3R
06-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah i just figured that out too lol just put electrical tape and a penny on there it should fix it DUN DUN DUN!
thanks for all the help guys.
*hi Five*

jdm2191
06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
This is happening to my car...what switch & bump are we talking about here?

jdm2191
06-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Ok got it there is 2 switches the brake pedal connects/pushes on for the brake lights to light up and the the blue connector is the one that needs the penny/tape technique

ryandriftingfat
06-27-2011, 10:05 AM
This is happening to my car...what switch & bump are we talking about here?

Here is my explanation and some pics:
Brakelights don’t work – why? (http://givemeshred.com/brakelights-dont-work-why/)

s13fay92
07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
when this happened to me i was SO confused, thank god for google haha

anonomousdrift
07-17-2011, 08:39 PM
i just fixed this in my s13. i used a bolt and nut. Turning on the car helped since the brake pedal was easier to depress for anyone else that ends up having to do this.