PDA

View Full Version : Shifter feel - ka vs sr tranny

vbundi
06-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Had a chance to play with my car post swap, shifter feels a lot rougher than before. With the KA one I had the shifter felt smooth and like the tranny fluid was quite viscous, whereas the SR is not-so. I am assuming this is mostly due to different types of fluid used in the transmission. But if the KA just feels different than the SR that might be good to know.

I live in Canada where it gets quite cold and will be driving my car during the winter, can anyone recommend a type of tranny fluid that will be good for cold weather too? I've heard a lot of things about changing the stuff and a lot of people actually don't recommend it.. any insight would be appreciated.

Souljahzs13
06-09-2009, 11:30 PM
The shift feeling should feel the same on both trannys if the were new. One tranny might be in better condition with less grinds. The only difference in the trannys are the bell housings and the fifth gear. I have a KA tranny, recently did a switch from Lucas oil to amsoil and noticed smoother shifting off the bat even before the car is warmed up.

vbundi
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Drove the car more today, can feel heat coming from the shifter... maybe my tranny fluid is low/bad... yipee.

supratt1001
06-11-2009, 10:18 AM
i can only guess maby heavier weighted tranny oil? also think about goin B&M short shifter youll love the feel after that.