PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who knows anything about B5 Audi's

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes, I know this is a S Chasis forum but Audi forums are full of obnoxious asses so I'm bringing my questions here.

Well, here's my problem: I have a 96 a4 where someone slightly bumped my front end last year. Didn't notice any difference at the time and, like an idiot, I didn't get her contact info because it was only a nudge. Well, my bumper started to crack and eventually cracked all the way through. Bought a new bumper and didn't fit correctly so took it to my buddies shop where he had to slightly straiten the twin I's because a small bump bent the fram a bit. Yeah, my bad.
But that's not the problem. Since then my ac controller/display has been flickering and when it's on it doesn't EVER blow cold air. I had it recharged and checked for leaks but nothing.
So, I checked the fuses for the ac but the fuses were fine. I just don't understand what it's doing. If there was a problem with the unit then it'll be blinking error codes, but it's not.
Does anyone have any experience with Audi's? particularly the b5's?

Thanks in advance.

bshotts
06-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Have you tried VW vortex forum? My buddy has a Mark4 GTI and swears by that forum for help of all kinds....good luck no A/C at this time of year is a shame!

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Have you tried VW vortex forum? My buddy has a Mark4 GTI and swears by that forum for help of all kinds....good luck no A/C at this time of year is a shame!
And while living in the Ca desert. i'm no stranger to 120 degrees.

And I've tried some VWAudiforum.com or something. Mainly euro's on there but they were literally no help.

blownmotor
06-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Most likely it's the head unit itself or there's a blend door inside the dash that's not working. Have an A/c specific shop look at it. With those cars, it can be very finicky.

Def
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
I know they're absolutely the biggest POS's ever... Sorry, I had to try to diagnose what was wrong with my sister's '00 B5 A4 for a few years. Repairs in warranty = about $15-20k. Repairs out of warranty = at least a few grand before she got rid of it.

I think most electrical things in the car went out at one time or another, and the only solution was to replace them(at great cost, they made BMW parts seem cheap most times!).

Flicktitty
06-10-2009, 08:36 PM
www.audizine.com (http://www.audizine.com)

super helpful.