PDA

View Full Version : Initial D game at Gameworks

Goodsx
04-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Just saw the Initial D arcade game at Gameworks in Ontario Mills. (Ontario, CA .............for those outside of So Cal) Just thought I would throw that out there.

KiDyNomiTe
04-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Goodsx
Just saw the Initial D arcade game at Gameworks in Ontario Mills. (Ontario, CA .............for those outside of So Cal) Just thought I would throw that out there.

aww you bums, no Initial D game at the Game Works by me. The closest thing tot he intial d game is some racing game that has some ****ty physics, but has S13s in it :D. Best game we got is Ferrari 355 challenge (i think thats the name), its very realistic, even got paddle shifting and a printout of your performance.

I need to find this game, its gotta be at one of these arcades around here, anyone ever been to dave n busters in chicago?

Cthulhu
04-06-2003, 09:18 PM
As far as I know, there isn't an Initial D machine in illinois. Not yet at least. The last time I was on break from school I looked around, but to no avail. Anyone ever play Battle Gear 3? There's one of those around here (MA). It's not nearly as realistic as F355 challenge, but the physics are much better than initial d, and you can choose from the same sorts of cars (nissan/mazda/mitsu/toyota/etc.). It has an ebrake, too, which is pretty unique.

DarkRaptor42
04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
HAHAHAHA Stocktons Initial D count is up to 3!!! hahahaha

Valleys expensive but ya gotta love it. Beer, Cars and Arcades. Bring on the women :)

I love that game.

RearWheel
04-08-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm from Richmond, VA, but I drive to Petersburg,VA, which is about a 30-40 minute drive. Best racing arcade game ever. I've spent 5 hours and 35 dollars on the game. Best Saturday afternoon ever!!!! I heard Stage 2 will be here in another year or so. My friend Ken has already played Stage 2 in Japan, and he says that's there are much more cars. He also told me that the Japs turn into psychos when they play it.

Cthulhu
04-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Well, version two, if that's what you mean, has been out for a couple of months, and there are a few places in the usa, in California I believe, that have it. Can't say I've every played it though.

kurissuS13
04-08-2003, 09:30 PM
i've seen version 2 in Lil Tokyo in Downtown LA, and it's quite different compared to the first one. first off, there's only 4 new cars: AE85 (Levin), SXE-10 (Altezza), the new Celica (i think), and the Suzuki Cappucino. there are 2 new stages: Akagi & Irohazaka. u can choose from dry or wet (rain) conditions on all courses. there's a new racing option, Race Bunta. not too sure on the race conditions, as i cannot read kanji for shit. lastly, the biggest change is the fact that u now must counter-steer in order to correctly slide.

and for those obssesive ppl, when u beat the game, the map in the lwr left hand corner turns into a cup of water! it never spills, tho. how ghey is that?!?

derekg
04-11-2003, 10:46 PM
anyone know where i could find an arcade list or something for this game? or if anyone knows where one is in pittsburgh....

HaLo
04-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Damn... I count at least 5 in the Montreal area... all between 0.50$-1.00$CDN a game.

KiDyNomiTe
04-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Well in chicago there aparently is one in Cyberstation at Golf Mill, oh how I hate that place. Haven't seen it myself but my friend said he saw, he also said its a dollar, can it really be worth a dollar.

If it were at gameworks it would be better cuz of the cards

Cthulhu
04-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Ugh.... not Golf Mill...
Well, at least there is a machine now. I'd say it's worth a dollar. For the most part, all the games I play when I go to an arcade cost that much. It depends on the place, of course, but it seems like a dollar is the average price for anything that isn't just a stick and buttons.

kurissuS13
04-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by HaLo
Damn... I count at least 5 in the Montreal area... all between 0.50$-1.00$CDN a game.

ha, that's nothing! i know of at least 8 in the SoCal area. thur's prolly at least 15 out in SoCal. no arcade is an arcade if it doesn't have Initial D & DDR. :D

strangely enough, most places charge about $1 for a play on Initial D. Vers. 2 in Downtown is only $.75. how weird...

HaLo
04-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by kurissuS13
ha, that's nothing! i know of at least 8 in the SoCal area. thur's prolly at least 15 out in SoCal. no arcade is an arcade if it doesn't have Initial D & DDR. :D

strangely enough, most places charge about $1 for a play on Initial D. Vers. 2 in Downtown is only $.75. how weird...

Well, considering that the Montreal area is only 3 mil people, it's pretty good. You have what? 30 mil in the Socal area? You'd have to have 50 initial d games around to impress me. :p