PDA

View Full Version : wtf is up with my rear brakes

battlescar
06-07-2009, 08:43 PM
my ebrake doesnt work good, even after i tighten the bolt, so i figure i need to replace the cable, but instead i got a hydro ebrake cus its cheaper. but the hydro brake dont work also. so i replaced both calipers, one from the junk yard, one from a buddy. the one from the junk yard looks decent, the piston spin pretty smooth, i can or almost spin it with my hand. the one from the buddy is not so smooth, so i took the piston out and clean it up a lil and then spray some wd40 and put it back, now it spin a lil better. i bled them, and then go try it out. still the same fucking thing. the pads and rotors are about a year old so they are still pretty fresh. sp how do i check if the calipers and the mc are in good working condition. oh and its a s13, stock brakes.

Questions
1. how to tell the calipers and the mc are in good working condition.
2. can i tell if the ebrake cables are strectch or when its outta the car?
3. which cables do people usually replace? the one hook to the brake handle or the 2 hook to the calipers?

redsx13
06-07-2009, 09:24 PM
my ebrake doesnt work good, even after i tighten the bolt, so i figure i need to replace the cable, but instead i got a hydro ebrake cus its cheaper.

wait? how is an hydraulic ebrake cheaper?

battlescar
06-07-2009, 10:02 PM
the hydro brake is around 100 and the cables are like 85 each side.