PDA

View Full Version : NEED SOME LEGAL HELP: release of liability

repda916
06-05-2009, 06:47 PM
pretty much sold a car (240) Took the car off insurance but never did release of liability b.c. new owner said he was moving and didnt know the address:mrmeph:
So 4 months later i get a letter saying the car was "stolen" and now in the tow yard. Trying to make me pay the fees. :wtc: Im 17 dont have that money.
would the records of me taking the car off the insurance be enough to get me out of this? what am i to do?

WagDatto
06-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Typically when you sell a car, you should print out a Bill of Sale and have them sign it. That way you have a record of the sale and the new owner's signature for the same thing.

repda916
06-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Typically when you sell a car, you should print out a Bill of Sale and have them sign it. That way you have a record of the sale and the new owner's signature for the same thing.
i know i have a bill of sale somewhere but its not the official one from dmv website....will that work?

Okinawandrifter87
06-05-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah it will if it has his signature I think... dont quote me on it tho...

mrflip69
06-07-2009, 12:06 AM
LOL just tell the tow company to toss off and sell the car. After all, it's not YOURS anymore, is it??? The fuck are they gonna do if you don't pay up?

NISMO_tuner
06-07-2009, 12:25 AM
LOL just tell the tow company to toss off and sell the car. After all, it's not YOURS anymore, is it??? The fuck are they gonna do if you don't pay up?

Yup just tell them that it's no longer your car and they can go ahead and do a lien sale on it if they want. But still try to get together all of the paperwork showing that you sold the car and show them.

s13boy89
06-07-2009, 12:58 AM
wait is the car better than when you got it if it is buy it back lol

FRpilot
06-07-2009, 02:08 PM

will this affect your credit score?