PDA

View Full Version : oil return line from turbo

halyoder
04-05-2003, 11:04 AM
ok i got a s15 turbo and i'm putting it on my s13 sr20det. the oil return line holes on the t25 does not match up on the t28 so i bought a t28 oil return line. but now i have a problem with the line running in to my steering shaft. my ? is, is there a lot of presure running in that line to were if i cut the oil return line (so it does not hit the shaft) and i double clamped the hoes to it would the presure blow the hoes off. i ask this cause the return line has a flare at the end and if i cut it i would no longer have that flare.

AceInHole
04-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by halyoder
ok i got a s15 turbo and i'm putting it on my s13 sr20det. the oil return line holes on the t25 does not match up on the t28 so i bought a t28 oil return line. but now i have a problem with the line running in to my steering shaft. my ? is, is there a lot of presure running in that line to were if i cut the oil return line (so it does not hit the shaft) and i double clamped the hoes to it would the presure blow the hoes off. i ask this cause the return line has a flare at the end and if i cut it i would no longer have that flare.

The oil return line ideally has no pressure in it. The only time it should really have pressure is if there's some restriction or of the line angles "up" at some point. It should be fine without the flare. The heat from the turbo will probably cake the hose onto the hardline from the turbo anyways. If in doubt, you could always get a hose flaring tool from NAPA or something.

halyoder
04-05-2003, 01:17 PM
cool thanks for the help man.:)