PDA

View Full Version : anyone in the Air Force?

ChMiPr
04-05-2003, 09:00 AM
hey guys i'm 18 and planning on enlisting in the air force, just to get money for college if i want go, but i just don't want to waste money on studying something i'm going to change my mind on, so i'm so i can get money and hopefully get a job dealing with engineering, but anyway just wanted to know if anyone was or is in the air force, because after basic, then tech school ,i get stationed somewhere, i would love to get a 97 or 98 black 240sx, with sr20det, plus they promise you a job after you get out, don't know how good the job will be but then i can go on to college or whatever, so just wandering if any of you guys are in the air force

ca18guy
04-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Yeah I'm in the AF. I never heard of the USAF giving you a job after you seperate :confused: You sure you didn't misunderstand something?

96SEChick
04-05-2003, 09:29 AM
And please remember that if you want to enlist, be prepared to go to war, even if that isn't the reason you're enlisting. There are a lot of soldiers' parents right now saying "He/She joined to get help with college, not to go into battle." So, don't get pissed if you get called into duty. I think joining the military ONLY for help with school and to get a good job is wrong--you should join to serve your country--and education and employment should be 2nd & 3rd on your list of reasons for joining.

ChMiPr
04-05-2003, 10:11 AM
yes i know i could go to war, yes that is my #1 reason for signing up i would'nt be signing up, but remember, air force, i'm not a marine or army front liner, so don't talk like i'm a navy seal and i'm going to be on the front lines, and i would'nt mind kicking some ass

Jsquared
04-05-2003, 03:07 PM
USAF faces just as much danger as ground troops. ever see an airstrip get bombed? accidental crash? don't fool yourself, regardless of what you pick, you can still go into battle and still get killed. you know that Army girl that recently got rescued in Iraq? know what her job was? Supply clerk. not exactly front-line stuff. my ex-gf (still one of my best friends) is a USMC-R and is in supply. that hit home big time. anything can happen so don't enlist until you're prepared for it. i'm thinking about going USMC reserves (motor pool :D ), but I'm not going to until I know I'm completely ready for it mentally and psychologically.

logo20
04-05-2003, 04:44 PM
I don't see anything wrong with enlisting so you can have enough money to pay for college. that's how things work here, a lot of people wouldn't even consider the arm forces if it wasn't for the benefits. Just know that if you enlist the odds of you going to war are high this days.

ca18guy
04-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Thats true Logo. Myself, I came in to get an education/money for an education and also make some money while doing it. Add in the fact that military service can look good on a resume and I don't have to live at home (though I didn't want to live THIS far from home) and I saw it as a good deal. I didn't join at all to serve my country, that was just a nice by-product.

As for "going to war" USAF has it easy. Almost all my friends are gone right now, but I can't think of one that is anywhere close to the Iraqi border.

whateverjames
04-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ChMiPr
so don't talk like i'm a navy seal and i'm going to be on the front lines, and i would'nt mind kicking some ass

don't talk like you can't be shot down and become a POW

ChMiPr
04-05-2003, 09:25 PM
logo and caguy, thanks for seeing both sides in not being an ass about it, for the rest of you say what you want, i'm 18 and i am more then willing to serve my country while you sit on the couch something your weed and masturbating, when i'm going to be seeing the world and fighting, so don't get on my topic and start bitching at me when you don't have no room to talk, and if you have anything to say about it come over to central lock haven PA and say it to my face so i can knock you the **** out. PERIOD

whateverjames
04-05-2003, 09:48 PM
LOL

96SEChick
04-05-2003, 09:49 PM
logo and caguy, thanks for seeing both sides in not being an ass about it, for the rest of you say what you want, i'm 18 and i am more then willing to serve my country while you sit on the couch something your weed and masturbating, when i'm going to be seeing the world and fighting, so don't get on my topic and start bitching at me when you don't have no room to talk, and if you have anything to say about it come over to central lock haven PA and say it to my face so i can knock you the **** out. PERIOD

I apologize if it seemed that I jumped to conclusions. I hear a lot of people, especially lately with the war, saying they never want to go to war, they only enlisted for the benefits of education and employment. But you became very rude (much, much more rude than I was) about "sitting on the couch smoking weed and masturbating." I wasn't bitching at you, I was speaking my opinion. In this country--I am allowed to do so. If you weren't directing this statement to me, then I apologizing assuming part of it was. You didn't specify who it was to directly.

Right now, I feel helpless with everything going on--I wish I could serve my country. If I would have thought about people other than myself after high school, I'd probably be in the military right now, but I was too self-centered--I didn't care about serving anyone other than myself. But now, being away from my family is not an option.

I have read and seen some interviews with some of the parents of the current POWs (living and deceased) in Iraq, and some of them have said that their children were never expecting to have to go to war--they only enlisted for financial reasons. And in your first post, you stated that you wanted to enlist just to get money for college if I want goThat is why I made my first post.

I am glad you want to go to the Air Force. I pray that you get the education and financial support that you need to fulfill your goals. I pray that you never have to go to battle.

ca18guy--I'm glad you haven't had to go fly planes over Iraq. I thank you for being in the military, ready to battle if need be. I know you said you originally enlisted to get an education/money for an education and also make some money while doing it, you also said just a nice by-product

I thank every person in the military, regardless of what branch it is. All of you are willing to help make this world a better place, and I can never give enough thanks to everybody who are doing so.

Jeff240sx
04-05-2003, 11:20 PM
i'm 18 and i am more then willing to serve my country while you sit on the couch something your weed and masturbating, when i'm going to be seeing the world and fighting, so don't get on my topic and start bitching at me when you don't have no room to talk, and if you have anything to say about it come over to central lock haven PA and say it to my face so i can knock you the **** out. PERIOD

How about this? You don't come onto a forum, and make your 3rd post here swearing at and threatening people for answering your question. Check your attitude before you make a post, because things like this determine how long you will be a member of Zilvia.
LOCKED!
-Jeff