PDA

View Full Version : acceleration problem!!! motor or tranny???

touge_420sx
06-04-2009, 05:29 PM
first of all, thanks for checkin this thread and for helpin me out in advance. k, so up until a few days ago, s14 has been runnin great until recently ive had a minor problem (i hope) accelerating. Whenever I accelerate the car begins to kind of "choke" as i hit around 2800 - 3400 RPM. I mean it feels as if the car is struggling to push when i hit those revs. idle is fine, and i get no problems before 2800 or after 3400. im pretty (not 100%) sure that its engine trouble, since my tranny has no problems shifting, downshifting...like i said, its only when i go. motor is in great condition too, i baby the hell out of it!!! fluids are topped off, wires are all connected, no broken hoses, no leaks, and it starts without a hitch.......................any ideas would be well appreciated guys!!!! thanks again, hope its not the beginning of something major.

HYPNOTIK
06-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Probly MAF related, I'd start there. If that's no go, then maybe the coilpacks.

Bigsyke
06-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Knock sensor

DDDsquad_s13panda
06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
check your:

clean your MAF
TB.
and vacuum lines
check your grounds on the motor, manifold and injectors. i had the same problem with my SR. i just added a thicker ground wire and problem went away, but ofcourse i unplug the positive first then pump the brakes to restart the ECU. then turn the car on after i put everything baq together.. give it about 5 mins on idle so the ECU will restart and whatnot.. good luck

touge_420sx
06-05-2009, 09:31 AM
ha, i didnt even think about the MAF. i had a similar problem in the past with my s13 and cleaning the MAF was the solution. guess i was kinda freakin out since i had driven the car in months due to a license suspension...thanks for the help all, i'll see whats up when i check it out today