PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations on PC graphics tablets

HyperTek
06-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone got any recommendations? Im wanting to try one out to see if it will better my graphics. Not sure if I want to spend like $400 on a wiacom as my first one.

Pank
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM
the intuos is pretty much the hot shit these days

maybe try the bamboo?
Bamboo - Product Overview (http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboo.php)

I've got some old no-name tablet i could send you if i could ever find the fucking pen for it

HyperTek
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
how greatly does the tablet size affect detail in lets say digital coloring/drawing? I been curious as to know if sometimes id run out of room on the tablet or is it just having to zoom in on my canvas in whatever program im using to do fine detail?

SochBAT
06-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Bamboo is shit. Its a step down from the Graphire IMHO.

Intuos2 is the "newer" version of Wacoms, I'm sure they're making more updates.

Bamboo < Graphire < Intuos < Wacom MONITER

The pressure sensitivity, the sheer amounts of pressure points per inch are the big differences. I've had teh bamboo, and the Graphire personally. Graphire was much better than Bamboo. I've used the intuos pretty damn often, and I gotta say, if i were to get another tablet, it'd be that fucking intuos. So damn nice.

Size does matter too. Nothing sucks harder than drawing on a 4x5 area scaled to your screen.

PS. Don't try that Addesso bullshit. Sucks so damn much. it jumps all over the place if you even twitch. Hated using that shit at my old work.

Pank
06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Wait, they still sell the Graphire? I didn't see that on the site. I used to have a graphire and it was pretty ok. I've used the old Intuos and it was pretty goddamned nice. the Intuos2 looks to be about a thousand times better, though

also, the actual drawing surface on the Wacoms is SO much better than the Adesso "Cyber surface" or whatever they're calling it now

I need to find the pen for my old tablet

BustedS13
06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
i have a Graphire i'll sell you for like $40. no box but i have the tablet, the pen, the shitty mouse. it's white and i want all black stuff. i'm not sure what size it is, but it's a great tool. i'll get the details later, and you'll give me money. yes.

SochBAT
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds awesome.

Seriously, the build quality of other competitor's tablets do not come close to Wacom's. The Addesso started to creak and split in the lower right corner within a week of using it.

Get the Intuos2, be happy as fuck, get laid.

Pank
06-04-2009, 06:44 PM
hah, my adesso's pen broke, and then the mouse broke, and then the case cracked.
at least it was free. (thanks work!)

Om1kron
06-04-2009, 07:42 PM
wacom is the only way to go. I want to buy the sintiq

Pank
06-25-2009, 09:21 PM
annoying bump to the top to show you jerks the junk i bought today:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1382/bambootablet.jpg

about 70 bucks at best buy (which was cheaper than online, oddly enough).

HyperTek
06-25-2009, 09:32 PM
oOo what section did u find it in? i wouldnt mind grabbin one to see if i like em
didnt realize they had em at BB

Pank
06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
it wasn't in the computer section, weirdly enough, it was behind the little camera area, across from it was like laptop bags, camera bags, uhhh, digital photo frames, shit like that. It didn't have its own display either, there were like 2 just sitting on a shelf. near the videogame section

SochBAT
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Get the intuos2!!!