PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with panasonic 2003 headunits?

rancid240
04-03-2003, 07:38 PM
DAmn they look nice. You can get MP3 support for under $150 (thanks ebay). has anyone bought/had experience with these?

andrave
04-06-2003, 11:28 PM
I have the 2002 model, non flip down face.
It kicks total ass. the MP3 feature is friggin amazing, 260 songs per disc!
its easy to use, intuitive, tough as nails, and plays everything I ask it to.
overall the shop owners I know say panasonic builds tough units that rarely get sent back.
I think they are a very good company to buy audio equipment from, especially for the prices they ask.
I also use a panasonic 10" sub.
After the way these products perform, I've been looking for a panasonic amp to go with them.

the head
04-07-2003, 07:12 PM
the company I work for is a distributor for Panasonic car audio they are very reliable and have very few problems the companie's QC is hardcore

blatch
04-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Pay extra. Get Alpine. There are reasons they cost more. I call one reason "quality."

the head
04-07-2003, 10:25 PM
1. panasonic parts are excellent for the money and sound great too if you haven't used it then no need to bad mouth the product

2. If you have money for alpine then buy eclipse by far some of the best audio equipment on the market

3. Panasonic's sound car took SQ champion at a few shows last year using all off the shelf parts... gee i guess they suck because thier **** is not overpriced

peace

blatch
04-08-2003, 06:28 AM
There are reasons why Circuit City doesn't offer any specials with their alpine head units. They sell themselves, and they have the largest car-audio enthusiast backing. Just a thought.

the head
04-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Yes and Eclipse is the same way exept they also only market through good specialty stores plus standard alpine markup is between 75 and 100% of dealer cost so yes it sells it self and yes it is overpriced
look at manufacturers like arc audio mcintosh and rainbow sound none of them even advertise but they make the best equipment on the market for car audio and there is no such thing as a sale on thier equipment not a huge following but they are the best
Hondas and Chevy 350's have a large enthusiest backing also go buy one of them and get out of here
Booya
just a thought

rancid240
04-08-2003, 05:14 PM
to each his own. Someone will always be an alpine/rockford/kicker guy, i.e. it is the **** nothing else compares, blah blah blah. just how it is. I have a panasonic 2002 model and no complaints, just want to go mp3 (which you can do with panasonic for under $150, now show me an alpine that can match that price)