PDA

View Full Version : wheel fitting question please??

zachariah
05-30-2009, 03:21 PM
alright im going to sound like a newb but thats fine with me, i have a 89 coupe that im fitting my 9.5 wheels in the front i rolled the fenders and everything they fit fine but hit the inside of the wheel well and can only turn wheel like 2 inches do i just need to cut it out so i can turn them or is there a different way any help is appreciated thanks!

s14_mike
05-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Did you take the dust shields off yet? If not remove them asap possibly relocate harness.

zachariah
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Did you take the dust shields off yet? If not remove them asap possibly relocate harness.

yeah there is no plastic dust sheilds anymore i took em out its hitting on the metal part of the wheel well closest to the fire wall when i turn it hits and stops it from turning any more.

zachariah
05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
any other ideas on how to do this?

soreballz
05-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Big fucking hammers work wonders.

zachariah
05-30-2009, 10:59 PM
yeah i suppose i might just try that all though i have taken hammers to itmany times, if not il just take saw to it and cut that stuff out of there

4x4le
05-31-2009, 01:30 AM
alright im going to sound like a newb but thats fine with me, i have a 89 coupe that im fitting my 9.5 wheels in the front i rolled the fenders and everything they fit fine but hit the inside of the wheel well and can only turn wheel like 2 inches do i just need to cut it out so i can turn them or is there a different way any help is appreciated thanks!

Ok so no one can help you unless you provide us with more information. We need to know the rim diamiter and what size tire your running for starters. How low are you? And stuff like that.

I have 17x9 0 offset wheels all the way around on my car and I was having rubbing issues with 225 45s. I could fix all of them except where it was rubbing on the front of the fender well. I pounded that in as much as I could but it was no good. I had great success with a 205 40 streached on there but even though I didnt get noticible push it just wasnt enough tire for the speeds and track I was drifting on and I ended up ruining a set of front tires in 1 day of drifting (and my alinment is perfect). They were also streached so bad you had to be really cautious driving around in the city because a pot hole or lip in the pavement will kill your wheels streached like that.
Im soon going to try a 215-45 and see how that works out but I have a feeling that it might be too tall still.
If that dont work Ill try a 225-40 and if that ends up being too wide Ill settle for a 215- 40.

Yes, it sounds expensive trying out all of these tires but its not if you can get used tires for free or cheap for the purpouses of test fitting them to make an educated purchase.

And dont let any one tell you its hard to streach a tire, I have had the best luck mounting and removing streached tires over properly fitting ones (no kidding!). I really was wondering how hard it was goign to be my first time and had a blow torch ready and ratchet straps and other stuff, they go right on and come right off! (I mount my own tires myself).

zachariah
05-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok so no one can help you unless you provide us with more information. We need to know the rim diamiter and what size tire your running for starters. How low are you? And stuff like that.

I have 17x9 0 offset wheels all the way around on my car and I was having rubbing issues with 225 45s. I could fix all of them except where it was rubbing on the front of the fender well. I pounded that in as much as I could but it was no good. I had great success with a 205 40 streached on there but even though I didnt get noticible push it just wasnt enough tire for the speeds and track I was drifting on and I ended up ruining a set of front tires in 1 day of drifting (and my alinment is perfect). They were also streached so bad you had to be really cautious driving around in the city because a pot hole or lip in the pavement will kill your wheels streached like that.
Im soon going to try a 215-45 and see how that works out but I have a feeling that it might be too tall still.
If that dont work Ill try a 225-40 and if that ends up being too wide Ill settle for a 215- 40.

Yes, it sounds expensive trying out all of these tires but its not if you can get used tires for free or cheap for the purpouses of test fitting them to make an educated purchase.

And dont let any one tell you its hard to streach a tire, I have had the best luck mounting and removing streached tires over properly fitting ones (no kidding!). I really was wondering how hard it was goign to be my first time and had a blow torch ready and ratchet straps and other stuff, they go right on and come right off! (I mount my own tires myself).

alright well im running a 9.5 inch wheel with 245 40 18 tires and i believe the offset is +25 and the lowness of the car i would have to check its not slammed or anything though.