PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Rear Brakes from a G35 Coupe/350Z on an S14

WoolyS14DET
05-27-2009, 09:45 AM
I have tried searching and have found nothing and I hope that my fellow Zilvians don't beat me up on this but I am asking about this only because I have a set of Brembo Rear Calipers and rotors from a G35 Coupe/350Z and am wondering if they will work on a z32 rear setup? I already have the Z32 rear brake conversion on the car and would like to know if anyone has tried to swap or bolt it up. I know its a bit of "overkill" but I got the Brembo rears laying around so I figured I would try and make it work.

Thanks in advance guys and if you find the information that I'm looking for in an old thread please post a link and I will study it.

Wooly

Om1kron
05-27-2009, 10:43 AM
there is a thread all about this stuff, i forget the name. look at my big brakes or some shit in the tech section.

Also you can ask CITY TIRE John as he put the brembo's from their 350z on his s14 so he should be able to tell you how it's done.

WoolyS14DET
05-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks Wayne but it dosen't state if anyone has used the Z33/G35 rear brembo's and weather or not they will work on a Z32 e brake setup

OptionZero
05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
calipers do not bolt up

not sure what the inner hub measurements are for the rotors, but i'm sure they're larger than z32s in overall diameter, so you'd have to cut the brake dust shield

not worth it

k_gpz
02-06-2011, 07:00 AM
I have a set of Brembo Rear Calipers and rotors from a G35 Coupe/350Z Wooly
Did u find something finally?? DId u try to swap?? I'm interested if 350Z 322mm diameter will fit on s14 hub. I want to make some brackets to fix other caliper for rear s14.
thanks

RedSiBaron
02-06-2011, 11:03 AM
upgrading the rear brakes is usually pretty pointless on most cars, and usually just good pads and rotors is enough, since under braking all the load of the momentum of the vehicle moves forward, and the front brakes do almost all the work...plus you only need enough brake on the car to stop the wheels from turning...brakes dont stop the car, the tires do, brakes allow the tires to work...so even the best brakes arent going to stop a car if the tires wont create the friction necessary to stop it ;)

k_gpz
02-06-2011, 11:06 PM
upgrading the rear brakes is usually pretty pointless on most cars, and usually just good pads and rotors is enough, since under braking all the load of the momentum of the vehicle moves forward, and the front brakes do almost all the work...plus you only need enough brake on the car to stop the wheels from turning...brakes dont stop the car, the tires do, brakes allow the tires to work...so even the best brakes arent going to stop a car if the tires wont create the friction necessary to stop it ;)
Thank you for your braking tutorial.Even the worst brakes will block your wheel at 250 km/h and if u have good tiers that means u have best brakes??
The reason of upgrading brakes is other(thermal ...torque... surface....=fade) ;) I do not want to talk about brakes now I think I know enough I just ask if: 350Z rear rotor is fitted to rear S14(on the hub). I intend to fit other calipers with bracket. Can you answer to my question???
Thanks anyway.

WoolyS14DET
02-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Thank you for your braking tutorial.Even the worst brakes will block your wheel at 250 km/h and if u have good tiers that means u have best brakes??
The reason of upgrading brakes is other(thermal ...torque... surface....=fade) ;) I do not want to talk about brakes now I think I know enough I just ask if: 350Z rear rotor is fitted to rear S14(on the hub). I intend to fit other calipers with bracket. Can you answer to my question???
Thanks anyway.

I couldn't have said it any better !!