PDA

View Full Version : Shut your DAMN dogs up!

Sarra
05-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I will admit I'm not a dog person, but I do get along with them. Dogs do seem to like me, I've never been attacked by a dog (I HAVE been attacked by cats, but that's another story, and honestly, I asked for it in some cases).

I live in a subdivision, it used to be farmland that was divided up and now there are houses on it, so it's mostly square. The subdivision is surrounded by orchards. There's a road that extends 'out' of the subdivision with houses on it, it's got access to another orchard. This is the problem, they ripped all of the trees out of the orchard behind my house a few years ago, and those houses that 'stick out', well, the two furthest out have dogs. Both of them have 2 dogs each. And last night, starting at 7 PM, one of the dogs started barking. It caused the other 3 dogs to start barking. They all fucking BARKED until 3 AM. I had to be up at 5:30 for work this morning, and I didn't sleep at all.

Right now, it's 9:15 pm, and I can hear those fucking dogs barking already. What should I do?

I had my window open last night and it was like they were 3 feet away from my head, so I shut my window. Then, it was as if they were 4 feet away, and I have those vacuum sealed windows. I can sleep through wind machines (they sound like helicopters, they circulate air to keep the peaches, pears, etc. from freezing in winter), but I can't sleep through 4 dogs having a bark orgy.

I can't shoot the dogs, this is Oregon. I'm a student, I can't pass my classes if I'm in jail.

I can't call the 'local authorities', because they honestly don't give a living shit. The closest county Sherrif will probably be at Dunkin Donuts in ANOTHER COUNTY, due to budget cuts, and would be in the neighborhood by 6 am tomorrow if I called now to 'investigate', and by then the dogs will be either dead because my other neighbors shot them, or they will have shut up on their own by then.

I've been told to call the Humane Society, but I don't think they will care.

The County Animal Control is a bunch of Nazi hypocrits, and the dogs would be euthanized within hours of them being removed from the property.

Who else is there to call?

I'm so delerious from the lack of sleep I just yelled "Ghostbusters!" after typing that. :ughd:

ThatGuy
05-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Keep calling the Sheriff until somthing get's done. If your not able to sleep, you have plenty of time to call him.

Have you tried talking to the home owners? They ARE responsible for their pets.

Sarra
05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Keep calling the Sheriff until somthing get's done. If your not able to sleep, you have plenty of time to call him.

Have you tried talking to the home owners? They ARE responsible for their pets.

Unfortunatley, I know one family that owns one pair of dogs, they are completely out of touch with reality. "My dogs are barking? Oh, no, you are mistaken, I would hear them if they were! *click*" The other family, after talking to some other neighbors today, are worse.

I guess they aren't even home right now (either family). I don't quite understand that, leaving an animal alone with nobody there for it...

ALTRNTV
05-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Lead a bear into their property. Done and done.

Sarra
05-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Lead a bear into their property. Done and done.

:bowrofl: You make it sound so easy! Maybe I will have to try that some time... Though, not even 1/4 from my house, someone turned a Black Bear into roadkill. It turned their car into a huge paperweight too.

ThatGuy
05-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Unfortunatley, I know one family that owns one pair of dogs, they are completely out of touch with reality. "My dogs are barking? Oh, no, you are mistaken, I would hear them if they were! *click*" The other family, after talking to some other neighbors today, are worse.

I guess they aren't even home right now (either family). I don't quite understand that, leaving an animal alone with nobody there for it...

Then you have every right to file a formal complaint. Call Barney Fife, and make him get off his ass to do his job. Keep doing this until it gets solved.

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/barney_fife.jpg

neverrain
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM
OR, get sleeping pills, break them in half, and feed each dog a half inside some type of squishy dog treat. Won't kill them, but will allow you to sleep.

EDIT - I would like to point out that I do love dogs, but mine have always been controlled properly.

PS - Maybe the dogs are warning you of pending alien invasion, like in Signs.

Sarra
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Then you have every right to file a formal complaint. Call Barney Fife, and make him get off his ass to do his job. Keep doing this until it gets solved.

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/barney_fife.jpg

I just looked up the local non-emergency number for our local 911 service, at 1 am if they won't shut up, I'll call and have an officer sent out.

Sarra
05-26-2009, 10:44 PM
OR, get sleeping pills, break them in half, and feed each dog a half inside some type of squishy dog treat. Won't kill them, but will allow you to sleep.

That's kind of a slippery slope... Technically, that would be considered 'poisioning an animal'. Dunno how that would pan out. Worth a shot though. :p

Charlie
05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
God tell me about it. My damn neighbors dog will bark then all the dogs that is in a 400ft radius will start barking and what's worst is that my dog seems to be the retard of of the neighborhood dogs and will keep barking for a bit even after all the other dogs stop barking. I wonder if those shock collars actually work hmm.

ayuaddict
05-27-2009, 02:42 AM
poison them.

drown them.

hang them.

or hey, if youre going to through the trouble, zip tie and duct tape their mouths shut.

ronmcdon
05-27-2009, 03:43 AM
I'd look into some sort of a tranquilizer gun.

here's a cheaper model i found;
WholesaleGoods.net: .50 Cal Tranquilizer Blowgun (http://www.wholesalegoods.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WGI&Product_Code=9004&Category_Code=tranq)

NOTE: We do not provide the solution for any of the tranquilizing equipment. Please line that up first through a vet. They will give you the prescription and the dosage needed to take down your animal. Wholesale Good, LLC will confirm all orders before shipping. You must be 18 years of age to purchase this product.

.50 Cal Tranquilizer Blowgun

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: 9004
Price: $75.00
Shipping Weight: 4.15 pounds

Quantity:

THE BLOW JECTION KIT CONTAINS:

* 2 - 23" Tubes
* 6 - TYPE 'P' 1cc darts with assorted needle lengths
* 1 - 1cc Tuberculin syringe with 3 -18 gauge 2" needles
* 3 - 1cc practice darts
* Packed in a nice nylon case with a zipper and strap for easy carrying.

This is a .50 caliber blowgun. It is made of anodized aluminum and has a rubber mouthpiece.

With TYPE 'P' darts, this can be effective from 1 ft. to 30 ft. and is very simple to use. It is an ideal tool for the person with an occasional use, such as SPCA's, veterinarians, zoos and even the individual that own a few small deer.

With the proper drug, animals from the size of monkeys to steer can be successfully immobilized. Since dart impact is very light, there is a minimum of bruising or tissue damage.

Place dart in end with mouth piece. Sight over end of tube with both eyes open and give a hearty puff. With a little practice, you can be amazingly accurate.

ONLY RECOMMEND FOR 1cc DARTS - Although we only recommend 1cc darts, some of our more windy customers remove the projection on the tail from larger darts and are successful on very close shots.

SochBAT
05-27-2009, 03:55 AM
fuck it. seriously, let them loose.

"Your dogs are gone? Oh now, they couldn't be. you would've heard them."

*click*

ZilviaKid
05-27-2009, 08:52 AM
fuck it. seriously, let them loose.

"Your dogs are gone? Oh now, they couldn't be. you would've heard them."

*click*
i lol'd.

go with that

i8yourfwd
05-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Get a bobcat or cougar and let it loose on them.

murda-c
05-27-2009, 09:21 AM
find something radioactive and start feeding it to the dogs.

throat cancer will shut them up.

sub9lulu
05-27-2009, 09:37 AM
The Bark Stop sound-emitter for quieting your barking dog or your neighbor's (http://www.barkingdogs.net/soundbarkstop.shtml)

or
do a search for the MP3 on that audio frequency
face the speaker towards neighbor
turn up the volume, ALL THE WAY
???
profit

SochBAT
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/ShyBoyGSX/1188183880555xd1-1.jpg

http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~frans/CurrentResearch/VandV/Eurovav99/manKickingDog.gif

http://www.rrrina.com/dog%20beating%20in%20china1.jpg

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/michael-vick.jpg

Do it.

Dirty Habit
05-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I personally would call the baha men.

circa 2002

i8yourfwd
05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
@Soooshi: hahahahahahaha awesome

Sarra
05-27-2009, 10:42 PM
They barked again last night. Except, 2 of them were 'oddly absent'.

I talked to a Sheriff today, said to call tonight if they bark and Animal Control will be out within the hour to haul them off.

ESmorz
05-27-2009, 10:47 PM
My neighbors had really annoying dogs. I would just put my airsoft gun out my window and rat a tat tat their dog house.

flip3d
05-27-2009, 11:09 PM
you guys are fucked up. i like the sleeping pill idea.