PDA

View Full Version : Racial profiling on cars.

wangan_cruiser
05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
i dont know if this is a repost but this is wrong how they put a title in it.

CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach (http://www.chp.ca.gov/community/streetlegal.html)

if its a repost and i missed it pls mod delete it thanks.

tanks13
05-26-2009, 09:26 AM
dude this is some of the dumbest shit ever asian pacific wtf they gonna come out with a mexican / hispanic next not cheech and ching wheels it makes it easier for you to drive with hand cuffs

Daniel.
05-26-2009, 10:12 AM
wow wtf does being asian or pacific islander have to do with street racing or illegally modifying cars?

murda-c
05-26-2009, 10:32 AM
http://n8inla.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/rickyune.jpg

But yeah that shit is fuckin retarded.

ayuaddict
05-26-2009, 10:48 AM
that website was slightly useful.

gives you the half truth about owning a lowered car in the state of california.

dert420sx
05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
so does anyone want to call and ask them wtf does being asian/pacific islander have to do with street racing??

that is straight racism!

FaLKoN240
05-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Haha someone needs to like mirror that shit, and use it for when we take the CHP to court for (not just racial) profiling our cars and ASSUMING that we're street racing.

murda-c
05-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Lowered frame (or any other part) that is lower than the lowest point of the wheel rim (24008 VC).

You guys better get 19's and rubberband tires on your cars lol.

Souljahzs13
05-26-2009, 11:09 AM
This is so not right... :/ Being asian has nothting to do with it. Street racing is done everywhere and every race of people are involved. Stereotyping a ethnic group for a problem is really offensive. Just because they do not see a lowrider, or a lifted truck street racing it does not mean this stereotypical groups are racing in their imports. I want to make some money and bring up a lawsuit!! I need to get my motor swap done! muahaha!

ayuaddict
05-26-2009, 11:12 AM
This is so not right... :/ Being asian has nothting to do with it. Street racing is done everywhere and every race of people are involved. Stereotyping a ethnic group for a problem is really offensive. Just because they do not see a lowrider, or a lifted truck street racing it does not mean this stereotypical groups are racing in their imports. I want to make some money and bring up a lawsuit!! I need to get my motor swap done! muahaha!

no, being asian (and/pacific islander) has everything to do with street racing. you damn orientals are the terror of the streets.

shishcabobers
05-26-2009, 11:26 AM
That website is pretty old, like 2003 old.

FaLKoN240
05-26-2009, 12:01 PM
That website is pretty old, like 2003 old.

Being PC started way before the internet.

Souljahzs13
05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
no, being asian (and/pacific islander) has everything to do with street racing. you damn orientals are the terror of the streets.

lol another racial comment... The only terror are the idiots doing the street racing

K_style
05-26-2009, 12:28 PM

well this is dumbest thing i ever heard...
:wtf:

Daniel.
05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
well this is dumbest thing i ever heard...
:wtf:

that totally went right over your head huh?

meteorite_flo
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
lol another racial comment... The only terror are the idiots doing the street racing

I did not think it was a racial comment at all. From my point of view, he was being sarcastic. Take a chill pill!

cserrano86
05-26-2009, 12:34 PM
New sig quote anyone??? LOL!!!

Remember - FTBC (failure to be cool) is not a crime!

SochBAT
05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
ayu, you're so RACIST!

STOP STREET RACING!

STREET RACIST!!!

I'm going to save that site and print that bitch out and take it to ref. lol

Homer_Simpson
05-26-2009, 12:55 PM
DWY, "Driving while yellow."

ronmcdon
05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
pamphlet made no sense at all.
nowhere in the whole thing (other than the title) did it mention anything about asians/pacific islanders.
talks about street racing being illegal, then goes to illegal engine mods, most (if not all) of which have nothing to do with street racing or being asian/pacific islander.
I mean, if you absolutely must profile and draw absurd correlations/cause & effect relationships, at least give some reasoning.

shits so unprofessional.

what raised an eyebrow was here though:

* Exhaust systems which meet smog requirements but are still too loud. Exhaust equipment that states it is, "Legal in all 50 states," refers to smog, not noise.
* Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.

MandTPhotography
05-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Wow that shit is so gay!

!Zar!
05-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Good.

Now you all can feel black.

Just without the beatings.

But instead of getting charged with having drugs, you get charged with having motor swaps.

dert420sx
05-26-2009, 03:52 PM

thanks for the new quote sig! haha

ninja edit: nevermind....too long

Bubbles
05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Just go with the orientals part.

dert420sx
05-26-2009, 03:59 PM
yeah i just did.

ronmcdon
05-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I miss that word 'Oriental'.
sounds a lot easier on the ears, more specific, and more exotic than 'Asian'.
why was it discarded to begin with?
Wasn't cool enough for modern times?

shade
05-26-2009, 05:57 PM
OP put up the wrong link, CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach (http://www.chp.ca.gov/community/streetlegal.html)

Suppose to be CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach (http://www.chp.ca.gov/community/apihome.html) <-------- THIS ONE.

Confusing.

Matej
05-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Oriental to me is more along the lines of Persian or someone from West Asia.

driven_
05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
looks like i will take back my plans of moving to california one day.

HyperTek
05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
im curious if the typical street racing import car scene was mainly pushed by Asians back in the explosion of the import scene in the 90s... The way i see it, Asians promoted car shows like hot import nights etc.. last time i visited a street racing scene, majority was not Asian at all.

!Zar!
05-26-2009, 07:31 PM
So what happens if an asian drive a donk?

Would he or she be hella safe?

I find it funny how people are still shocked by racism.

"Oh shit, people profile!?"

In Palo Alto, home to Stanford College, ALL the police officers were told to stop and check black people that look suspicious.

"Palo Alto's Top Cop Encourages Racial Profiling
Points to recent spike in crime, vague descriptions, as reason for questions"

At least all of you make the CHOICE to modify your cars. It's illegal, so helping yourself fit the stereotype isn't helping.

Shit, I should stray away from a city just because I'm black?

Ain't that some shit.

Why don't you all start threads about something interesting, and not cry about how you are driving an illegal car then get upset because a cop makes an assumption that you are and he ends up right; 9/10.

As for the last street racing/runs, I saw many asian people.

Of course there were latinos and whites, but most of them were in domestics.

hOngsterr
05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
lol,
since when haven't Asians been profiled?
just remember dont be driving down garden grove blvd or you may end up like me
with an impounded car and suspended license.

Phlip
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Stop making sense, Mel, someone will accuse you of being racist.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
05-26-2009, 07:49 PM
eh.

racial profiling. been happening for years and cops don't have to admit to it for it to happen.

if you don't want any hassle from cops:
drive a stock car.
or
mod a muscle car.

easy.

MandTPhotography
05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
+20 on the modding a muscle car.

Never get hated on then.

!Zar!
05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
eh.

racial profiling. been happening for years and cops don't have to admit to it for it to happen.

if you don't want any hassle from cops:
drive a stock car.
or
mod a muscle car.

easy.

I'm glad you're one of the few people who have a brain.

I mean, if a cop thinks I have drugs or weapons on me, am I going to carry either of that to help prove the stereotype right? FUCK NO.

So if you all are asian and driving modified cars, why don't you stop modding them with parts that aren't deemed legal in your state, or stop modding them all together?

Instead of just helping the cops prove their point that asians in econoboxes modify them illegaly so they can race.

drift freaq
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
looks like i will take back my plans of moving to california one day.

Ya just ditch all reasons for moving to a state just because of one little issue. Its cool we probably didn't need you here anyways.

HyperTek
05-26-2009, 09:15 PM
i think we are all just trippin out on the website listing street racing under a certain ethnic's background to modding cars.

otherwise, we all know that cops do profile and stereotype (and if you dont know, now you know!) lmao

StalinDrift123
05-26-2009, 09:19 PM
first off, the cops are fuckin retarted! they either have nothing better to do or just straight out dumb. How many ppl out there own American Muscle cars that are fucking way loud with the damn intake sticking out of the hood??? So there is car racism now? If you drive a loud american muscle car, then ur good. but if u drive a slammed japanese car its automaticaly a racer and shit??? it seems like there is nothin else to add to the Law Book, so they add stupid shit like this. Smog maybe, but who u gonna tell what to do with their money and cars? I SAY FUCK THE LAW AND FUCK THE COPS!!! next thing u know we gonna have fucking curfews and how to act laws and shit.... I SHALL REBEL!!!

wh0aitznic0
05-26-2009, 09:22 PM
"Oh shit, people profile!?"

*yada yada yada*

Shit, I should stray away from a city just because I'm black?

I can actually attest to this. In the four times I've been in Franklin Park, NJ, I've been pulled over three times and ticketed once. It is a predominantly white town that's a little more than a square mile. I'm a dark skinned Filipino and I drove a BONE STOCK Integra two of the times I was pulled over and my loud S13 the time I was ticketed.

!Zar!
05-26-2009, 09:22 PM
first off, the cops are fuckin retarted! they either have nothing better to do or just straight out dumb. How many ppl out there own American Muscle cars that are fucking way loud with the damn intake sticking out of the hood??? So there is car racism now? If you drive a loud american muscle car, then ur good. but if u drive a slammed japanese car its automaticaly a racer and shit??? it seems like there is nothin else to add to the Law Book, so they add stupid shit like this. Smog maybe, but who u gonna tell what to do with their money and cars? I SAY FUCK THE LAW AND FUCK THE COPS!!! next thing u know we gonna have fucking curfews and how to act laws and shit.... I SHALL REBEL!!!

You should learn how to convey your meaning.

Sad that you are twenty two years old acting out and talking like you are seven.

StalinDrift123
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
^^is there problem with understanding what I posted?

or u retarded too?

Phlip
05-26-2009, 09:43 PM

or u retarded too?

Actually, your stellar use of capitalization and punctuation makes reading your words so easy that it is damn near automatic... Actually, no it doesn't. In fact, once one wades through it to make SOME sense of the post he quoted, GOOD sense is never to be realized, so you did nothing to support whichever side of the argument you were on.

4DOOR_LIFE
05-26-2009, 09:46 PM
"Streets are closed pizza boy, find another way home"

!Zar!
05-26-2009, 10:55 PM

or u retarded too?

I see that you STILL don't know what I was talking about.

You have to talk like an adult to try and even convince someone about what you have to say.

Not using punctualization properly and saying, "fuckin" almost every sentence makes one lose all credibility that your comment might have had.

Try telling a story to a judge or your boss one day and see how far that gets you.

"or u retarded too?" What That is not only horrid english, but it's not even spelled properly.

Please at least choose one to be bad at instead of sucking at both.

OptionZero
05-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Ya just ditch all reasons for moving to a state just because of one little issue. Its cool we probably didn't need you here anyways.

Population reduction would solve some problems, actually.

Yeah, california sucks! let's all move!

OptionZero
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM

Cool, no laws and shit! Fight the power!

I hope you're not old enough to vote. Democracy is far too forgiving.

ronmcdon
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Oriental to me is more along the lines of Persian or someone from West Asia.

I looked a bit further on the definition of Oriental vs. Asian.

From reading Wikipedia, Asian encompasses a really large area all the way from Turkey, Eqypt, Middle East, to India, China, Japan, Indonesia, Phillipines, & the Eastern Soviet Union.
It's a more general term to describe a large group of ppl/nations.
Therefore, technically Borat & Kim Jong Il are both Asian.

Orient is a term that's coined up by insolent Europeans back in the day used to describe whatever area far out to the east that they've discovered at the time.
So for the Greeks, it was probably Babylon or Persia.
In modern day, it defines specifically the area of the 'Far East', which is Red China, Corea, Japan, etc.
It's a more specific term to describe a certain region of the Asian content.
Therefore, Borat is not an Oriental, but Kim is.

Orient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental)
The Orient is a term which simply means the "east". It originated in Western Asia to describe the parts of the world that were in the "far east" of their known world at the time. It is now used in English as a metonym to describe Eastern Asia, and depending on nationality, in reference to certain Southeastern Asian minorities as well.

In the United States, Oriental refers to objects and material goods such as rugs, teapots, and party mix. In the United Kingdom, however, the term Oriental carries no pejorative connotations and describes Eastern Asian people of Chinese/Japanese/Korean descent and some Southeastern Asian groups such as Vietnamese, wheras the term Asian generally describes people of Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani/Sri Lankan descent. (These latter people are called South Asians in the United States.)

Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia)

Asian or Asiatic may refer to:

* Something or someone from Asia.

Medieval Europeans considered Asia as a continent – a distinct landmass. The European concept of the three continents in the Old World goes back to Classical Antiquity, but during the Middle Ages was notably due to Isidore of Sevilla (see T and O map). The demarcation between Asia and Africa (to the southwest) is the Isthmus of Suez and the Red Sea. The boundary between Asia and Europe is conventionally considered to run through the Dardanelles, the Sea of Marmara, the Bosporus, the Black Sea, the Caucasus Mountains, the Caspian Sea, the Ural River to its source, and the Ural Mountains to the Kara Sea near Kara, Russia. While this interpretation of tripartite continents (i.e., of Asia, Europe, and Africa) remains common in modernity, discovery of the extent of Africa and Asia have made this definition somewhat anachronistic. This is especially true in the case of Asia, which would have several regions that would be considered distinct landmasses if these criteria were used (for example, Southern Asia and Eastern Asia).

In the far northeast of Asia, Siberia is separated from North America by the Bering Strait. Asia is bounded on the south by the Indian Ocean (specifically, from west to east, the Gulf of Aden, Arabian Sea, and Bay of Bengal); on the east by the waters of the Pacific Ocean (including, counterclockwise, the South China Sea, East China Sea, Yellow Sea, Sea of Japan, Sea of Okhotsk, and Bering Sea); and on the north by the Arctic Ocean. Australia (or Oceania) is to the southeast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Asie.svg

ronmcdon
05-27-2009, 12:40 AM
OP put up the wrong link, CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach (http://www.chp.ca.gov/community/streetlegal.html)

Suppose to be CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach (http://www.chp.ca.gov/community/apihome.html) <-------- THIS ONE.

Confusing.

thanks!
that other artical read like it was written by the Onion.

Details from legit link;

note first 2 bullet points' relationship doesn't logically point out any relationship between being asian and street racing.
I get the impression the CHP is saying the number of traffic accidents involving those with Asian surnames is alarming.

Currently, there are 4.2 million Asian Pacific Islander (API) Americans in California. This number equates to 12.2 percent of the total population in California and makes Asian Americans the second largest ethnic group in the state. More than 40 percent of immigrants who arrived in California last year were of Asian descent. In addition, California is the residence for one-third of Asian Americans in the United States.

Did you know that in California:

* Statistics show that fatal motor vehicle collisions is the leading cause of death for Asian Americans ages 14 to 34, and one of the major causes of death for Asian Americans of all other ages.
* Illegal street racing and vehicle modification has become a growing concern among younger generations.

The goal of API Outreach is to reduce the number of Asian surnamed drivers and victims involved in traffic-related collisions. Activities are designed to educate and encourage safe driving, provide traffic safety education presentations, and serve as an Asian American role model. Check out our safe driving tips, and see if they can help you be safer on the road.

API Outreach is still in its initial stage. The focus of this program is to utilize CHP officers of Asian ancestry or officers that are bilingual and bicultural to organize community events, provide traffic safety presentations, and serve as Asian American role models.

The CHP participates in various Asian events throughout California - look for any upcoming events in your area.

Please feel free to contact the Office of Community Outreach and Recruitment (OCOR), at (916) 657-8810 with any comments or traffic-related concerns affecting your community. It is our mission to find solutions to local traffic problems and to provide service to the public we serve by developing community partnerships.

Are you interested in being a part of the CHP team? Check out our recruiting information on the web, or call us. We'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

http://www.chp.ca.gov/community/images/coms_api-zh-1_comsNH.jpg

i8yourfwd
05-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I see that you STILL don't know what I was talking about.

You have to talk like an adult to try and even convince someone about what you have to say.

Not using punctualization properly and saying, "fuckin" almost every sentence makes one lose all credibility that your comment might have had.

Try telling a story to a judge or your boss one day and see how far that gets you.

"or u retarded too?" What That is not only horrid english, but it's not even spelled properly.

Please at least choose one to be bad at instead of sucking at both.
It's not every day an asian kid gets intellectually owned by a racist black man.

MisS13
05-27-2009, 10:15 AM
dang, thats funny, i got a fixing ticket for my tints, and went to CHP to check it, he gave me that pamphlet and some stickers ha!!

i8yourfwd
05-27-2009, 10:29 AM
dang, thats funny, i got a fixing ticket for my tints, and went to CHP to check it, he gave me that pamphlet and some stickers ha!!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

BoostSlideWayz
05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
yeah thats pretty upsetting

bizarke
05-27-2009, 10:46 AM
I have never read so much crap all at once. And you guys in Cali have it hard with all those shitty rules.

Brian
05-27-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm pissed.

I got a speeding ticket the other day.

This is bullshit. Is it because rednecks drive NASCAR and drive fast?
Just because I'm white doesn't mean I race on the street.

God, I hate the police. They are never there to help and always out to get you.

98s14inaz
05-27-2009, 07:09 PM

Actually most of the asians I see driving are the slowest most oblivious drivers on the road. I don't associate them with street racing...I leave that to stupid white kids with too much of mommy and daddy's money.

Phlip
05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I am not racist, so I do not see any of this as such.

If anyone sees this as racist, then THEY are the racist.

!Zar!
05-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Actually most of the asians I see driving are the slowest most oblivious drivers on the road. I don't associate them with street racing...I leave that to stupid white kids with too much of mommy and daddy's money.

" ugh "