PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye HICAS

240Dori
04-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Hey i have a Hicas eliminator cross bar coming in a few weeks and was wondering if there were any other people who have removed the HICAS rack compleately and replaced it with a solid bar. If so i was wondering what kind of problems you ran into so i can be prepared......

I already have the parts on thier way and have thought long and hard about weather or not to keep the rw steering but due to the sickining amount of understeer and unpredictibility it throws at me its time to get rid of the HICAS....

Dousan_PG
04-02-2003, 12:19 PM
i say drop and replace subframes. :) i knowrichard did that, no regrets.
seems the bar is pretty straight forward

D-STYLE180SX
04-02-2003, 09:47 PM
I took my hicas bar out 2 weeks ago.
It was a pain in the ass for me, cause I bought it used ,
it was the bar w/ the two arms on each side ,but it did not
came w/any bolts or washers to plug the lines.
Looked everywhere for bolts w/the same thread, but no luck.
I ended up cutting the 2 lines that go to the top of the Hicas bar and looped them w/a hose & 4 clamps.
Did'nt really felt a change until yesterday, it was raining ,
pulled out of my house, from a stop I reved it to about 3k ,turned left and the ass end started to get loose.

The Hicas bar does help alot!
(If its working correctly)

It'll be way easier to remove the rear wheels ,specially when it cames to removing the ends of the rods(where they connect to the rear of the wheels) I had to use a good size hammer to get them loose.
Other than that you got 2 bolts that hold the bar, and the 2 lines on top of the bar.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!!!

240Dori
04-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Thanks alot for all the help....i am pretty sure the bar comes with all the parts neccisary because i am importing it new from Avant Garde japan through Auto Imaging (The best customer service i have come across for an online company and fairly good prices too) but if i have any unpredicted problems i might pm D-style for more info...

daisosasen01
04-03-2003, 05:19 PM
240Dori
&
D-STYLE180SX

Hi..

Could you both e-mail me please. I have some questions for you. D-STYLE180SX, I jsut want koguchi's pics that you made as your Icon. 240Dori I need something else from you.

[email protected]

Koji

240Dori
04-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Update: Ok so i was driving my car on some new subdivison roads that were just put up(they are the best, the roads are put down before any houses are biult....its like a mini race track!!) and after messing around for a bit my hicas light comes on...****...oh well i am getting rid of it any way....
I was wondering what happens to the light after i get rid of the hicas? what do i have to do to turn it off?

nrcooled
04-08-2003, 04:32 PM
If your HICAS light is on I would check all components that are steering related. My HICAS light has never come on erroneously. Check your pump, lines, rack (front and rear)

Of course this is all for purely precautionary purposes.

D-STYLE180SX
04-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Mine kept coming on all the time, checked my PS fluid and it was low, put some in, no more light.
Now that I took the Hicas bar off, I have'nt seen the light at all :D